Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

November 1st Patch Feedback Thread

EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,328 EA Community Manager
edited November 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Hey all,

Today's patch was focused on bug fixes so not much to give feedback on this time in terms of new content.

Please share any feedback here so that I can forward it up with the next patch release. :)

PS: We are still investigating the issues with Sims being mean autonomously after the Oct. 11th patch. We're tracking that here on AHQ.
Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Thanks a bunch for fixing the no running Sims bug. That one was driving me nuts.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,869 Member
    Same! I hope they also fix the issue created for the vampire speed ability.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Thanks for fixing the running bug. 👍

The automatic mean behaviour is so frustrating. I’ve had to spilt households up and play single Sims and watch them 👀.

My last play, I was yelling at the screen;
    1. No Nancy do not argue with Geoffrey! Stop it! 🤦🏼‍♂️
    2. Eliza, Bob is your partner do not antagonise him! 🤦🏼‍♂️
    3. Bella would you eat the salad and stop annoying Vlad, that’s not a good idea!
    4. Travis would you stop trashing relationships you’re my legacy Sim!

Am I becoming a Sim parent? 🤷🏼‍♂️😂
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,328 EA Community Manager

The automatic mean behaviour is so frustrating. I’ve had to spilt households up and play single Sims and watch them 👀.

3. Bella would you eat the salad and stop annoying Vlad, that’s not a good idea!

Good news, we're in the final tests of approving a fix for the mean Sims bug introduced in the Oct 11th patch now. :)

Hopefully I'll have something to share on it very soon.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
    EA_Cade wrote: »

Good news, we're in the final tests of approving a fix for the mean Sims bug introduced in the Oct 11th patch now. :)

Hopefully I'll have something to share on it very soon.

That’s great news! Thanks @EA_Cade ! 😎😊

• thafuuqthafuuq Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, I made an account to write something here... so, I introduced my friend to the game a few days ago, he's never played a Sims game before and i watched him play and helped him when he got stuck. I noticed through this experience how broken the game currently is. action queues rarely get followed all the way, often times an action needs to be spammed before the sim does it. there is also a lot of afk standing around before the sim performs an action. the random insults make it near impossible to build relationships for a new player like my friend. I've personally noticed a lot of animation bugs, one that always happens is misplaced positions when having a water balloon fight.

following action queue, socializing and animations working are basics to the game, come on :c it makes me sad cause it caused my friend to have a really bad experience with the game as a first time player. i really hope you look into these things in a timely manner, thank you for your time and efforts
    edited November 2022
    thafuuq wrote: »
    Hi, I made an account to write something here... so, I introduced my friend to the game a few days ago, he's never played a Sims game before and i watched him play and helped him when he got stuck. I noticed through this experience how broken the game currently is. action queues rarely get followed all the way, often times an action needs to be spammed before the sim does it. there is also a lot of afk standing around before the sim performs an action. the random insults make it near impossible to build relationships for a new player like my friend. I've personally noticed a lot of animation bugs, one that always happens is misplaced positions when having a water balloon fight.

following action queue, socializing and animations working are basics to the game, come on :c it makes me sad cause it caused my friend to have a really bad experience with the game as a first time player. i really hope you look into these things in a timely manner, thank you for your time and efforts

I am playing Single Sim households at the moment due to the auto mean interactions.

Even with a married couple it’s hard to cancel all the times they go to auto argue. Then there’s the angry sentiments as well.

Have your Sim buy lots of decorations for the home. A good painting provides a happy buff that overrides any anger emotion.

Hope your friend wasn’t put off and keeps playing.

• thafuuqthafuuq Posts: 2 New Member
    > @ncisGibbs02 said:
    > I am playing Single Sim households at the moment due to the auto mean interactions.
    >
    > Even with a married couple it’s hard to cancel all the times they go to auto argue. Then there’s the angry sentiments as well.
    >
    > Have your Sim buy lots of decorations for the home. A good painting provides a happy buff that overrides any anger emotion.
    >
    > Hope your friend wasn’t put off and keeps playing.

Hey thanks for replying and for the Tipp!
    sadly, my Sims insult each other even when they're super happy and have both friendship and romance maxed out with all positive sentiments. i can't leave them to themselves anymore, whenever I see them randomly talk to each other I have to cancel it out of fear they'll destroy their relationship in 5 seconds
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Thank you @EA_Cade1 That is great news! Now I can try to play again and I really want those new kits but have been waiting for this fix.
    Hey all,

The fix intended to go live for this issue with today's SDX drop will now be going live in early December, we sincerely apologize for the delay.

We understand that this issue is a major pain point right now and it's very frustrating attempting to play The Sims 4 around it, but please keep discourse civil.
    Hey all,

The fix intended to go live for this issue with today's SDX drop will now be going live in early December, we sincerely apologize for the delay.

We understand that this issue is a major pain point right now and it's very frustrating attempting to play The Sims 4 around it, but please keep discourse civil.

I’ll keep playing my single Sims households for now. 🥺 Thanks for the update 😎

It’s obviously more complex and early December isn’t that far away.

Hey all,

I’ll keep playing my single Sims households for now. 🥺 Thanks for the update 😎

It’s obviously more complex and early December isn’t that far away.

I appreciate your patience, the whole team was extremely disappointed that the fix wasn't able to go live today.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @EA_Cade I can be patient a bit longer. Still setting up my gameplay for the holidays and building. December is less than 2 weeks away and I will be busy anyway, with getting ready for Thanksgiving and then decorating for Christmas. Won't be much time to play. I would rather wait longer for a fix that works well then have one that isn't quite ready. Thank you for letting us know.
  • skeeterskeeter Posts: 9 New Member
    I wish they would fix the vampire run outdoors, my vampire now runs like regular sims and takes forever to go anywhere! Or, there is no need to have a vampire anymore since that is the only reason I have him as a vampire is to move fast! ?????
  • Jessicarae55Jessicarae55 Posts: 1 New Member
    Please ea ive spent 6 to 700 on this game and cant play as soon as there is a fix it should be launched immediately why should we have to wait when we paid for this game not like this undo whatever did this
  • mswickmswick Posts: 46 Member
    My romantically involved sims will not sleep/wohoo in a double bed. Friendship bar and romance bar are both full. They live in the same household. They'll woohoo in the shower, but not in the bed. They won't even SLEEP in the same bed. Here's a thought Maxis people, actually PLAY THE GAME.
  • SPPNZSPPNZ Posts: 11 New Member
    mine wouldn't either for awhile, but my friendship and romance were low. next thing I know, she's pregnant, lol
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    mswick wrote: »
    My romantically involved sims will not sleep/wohoo in a double bed. Friendship bar and romance bar are both full. They live in the same household. They'll woohoo in the shower, but not in the bed. They won't even SLEEP in the same bed. Here's a thought Maxis people, actually PLAY THE GAME.

Have you pulled the bed out into the middle a room to try it that way to make sure there's nothing blocking the bed? I read a post about someone having an issue where her sim couldn't/wouldn't get out of bed and she couldn't figure it out. Turned out there was a feather t at the edge of the bed that her cat brought in.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited November 2022
    Its due to EA messing with relationships , My loyal sims constantly want to confess to cheating , even though they never have and get in a mood if i dont have them doing it , Then i tried it once having one of my sims confess and that was it , they were then both in another sad mood for 3 days with each other ,
    EA seriously need to get some testers or have a beta branch so things they add can be properly tested with all ep's etc

Then theres other things like the musical washbasins , instead of how they used to use the nearest one or the chefs not cooking in restaurants unless you reset them first ( this one has been round for months and still not looked at )
  • amberlunezamberlunez Posts: 52 Member
    I'm not sure if this is just a me problem, but it seemed to start right after I bought high school stories and wedding stories. My sims, even with super high cooking skills, seem to be setting their (expensive) stove on fire every single time they cook? It happens in all households, all stoves, BBQs, etc. I use mods but I haven't downloaded any new ones, though I guess it's possible one is conflicting with my new installs.