Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How is your simming lately?

CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
edited October 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I've just rolled my game back to a pre-HSY save.
I regenerated a new Sims 4 folder and added in my saves, tray files, and options files, so everything should be fresh and ready to go.
Nothing from my trial run of HSY ever happened, as far as my game is concerned.

But I had stopped playing because I was annoyed with conquered fears still lingering around and messing with my sims emotions and also from random sims invading the house to ask to be friends, or parents to go out to the prom.

What problems are you still experiencing?
The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited October 2022
    I'm mostly experiencing burnout.

Wants and Fears are so repetitive I had to disable them with mods, and it did not take long until I got very tired of HSY. Too many rabbit holes, repetitive events and nothing interesting happening at the High School.

So I am taking a bit of a break, playing some other games.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Lost interest. I'm now getting the feeling that the game is trying to control me, rather than me controlling it. I'll keep it on my laptop but am turning back to other things.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    My simming is non-existent too.

Planet Zoo is my current go-to, just bought today's new pack and having a total blast with the game.

I never thought I'd ever stop playing the sims - I hope they can resolve all the issues so I can come back and enjoy it again.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Sims not running autonomously drive me crazy.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    My simming is going great. Trying to decide what I'm going to focus on until the baby update and how I'll incorporate it into my existing family. Which of my two unattached daughters will find love and start a family.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    My only real problem is townie generation gets out of control and on console the only way you can really fix it is constantly deleting them.

Also I have one plant that kept turning back to dirt, and I had problems completing drama club because I did too well as a child that the game didn’t recognise my teen had completed it. Also I think I earned a toddler trait that didn’t pop.

But generally the game functions acceptably to me and the good far outweighs the bad. I had a long 2 year break and I’ve really enjoyed playing again.

The townies are the only thing I really dislike. And hairy female sims I don’t play. I don’t like having to ‘curate’ the townies as much as I do. I just want them to look good and be in the background unless I choose to interact with them. But they can be really jarring and they outnumber the sims you actually want to see out and about.

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    On a semi-break. I was on a long break which I came out of for werewolves but the wants and fears issues drove me out again. I play occasionally but not regularly right now, until they patch the non-functioning toggle.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    Like many, I'm just burned out. This is not exclusive to the sims, this can happen with any game you've played a lot of.

The biggest point of contention for me is that there are no more surprises left. I know what any given sim will do before they do it, because for the most part, they're all the same
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    It's been virtually non-existent lately. Due to being busy with life stuff and a family emergency. I've lost any inspiration to play because I'm kind of creatively tapped out.

I've actually spent the last week and a half playing a game called "No Placd Like Home." I'm really enjoying that and there's no requirement for creativity really.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    Genshin Impact has stolen my heart and soul, I haven't been on this game much recently XD
    they/them or she/her
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    I haven't played in over 2 weeks because I injured myself in an accident and just haven't felt like it really. However before that happened my gaming was going fine, I don't recall anything annoying me in particular because when annoyances pop up I promptly mod them out. I'm still on patch 1.91 though because I've read here on the forums about the new loyal trait making sims be mean to each other. So even when I start playing again I'm not patching until that's taken care of.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    No real problems. Playing when I can and really enjoying my current game.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    Even though I'm having to deal with a couple of bugs I wish I didn't have to, I'm loving my game. Once those two bugs are fixed, and even if they aren't, I could happily go on playing this game for years. I've found ways to work around those two issues anyway. I'm having so much fun with my main save, I don't want it to end.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    I had a few annoying bugs with HSY. I wanted to get back to building in my base save file but there was a NPC bug so I didn't want to risk anything.

Then I wanted to get back to Sims 3. I remembered I was working on the LEPacy challenge and so not all packs are installed... but in order to stick with patch 1.67 I needed my optical drive. I pulled it out of my case when my GTX 1070 blew up. RTX 3060 takes up more room so the optical drive had to go. I still need a cable to make it external. 😩

So after all that I took a much needed simming break when WoW: Wrath of the Lich King Classic launched. My guild pretty much all speed leveled to 80 within a few days so we could start raiding.

Tonight I've patched Sims 4
    It may take me another day to update mods. Hoping when I play test that the NPC bug is gone. I really want to get back to building my base save.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Thanks everyone.
    I think I will wait for them to fix wants and fears.
    I have a VR headset that's been sitting in its box unused for months. I guess I will mess around with getting it setup and try some VR games.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone.
    I think I will wait for them to fix wants and fears.
    I have a VR headset that's been sitting in its box unused for months. I guess I will mess around with getting it setup and try some VR games.

Nice! Enjoy your VR headset. Beat Saber looks super fun even if it is kinda old at this point
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 995 Member
    I mush on. Still have many goals but have too many saves to ever finish them all. I take breaks at times but hate the idea that a new "sims 5" or whatever will necessitate replacing all my sims 4 games.
  • ElisetomElisetom Posts: 70 Member
    I'm playing much more TS3 and occasionally (very occasionally) TS4... I've discovered TS3 way after TS4 and there's a lot of surprises for me in there! I can't say the same for TS4 by now. To change things a bit and try to play TS4 more organically, I decided last week to take out MCCC, but I grew tired of the strange townies (before i used the MCCC's import from tray option) and went back to TS3....
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I think it's time to play Planet Zoo for a while. There's been lots of new content since I last played.
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    edited October 2022
    Pretty good... because I uninstalled Sims 4 and have been playing 2 and 3. None of them are perfect, but I'm enjoying myself.
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    I’m currently play Sims 4 almost everyday, because I just recently became owner of PS5 and the game, from technical point of view , runs beautifully on next gen. But of course bugs happens, although lag and simulation lag is at this point almost non existent for me.

The most annoying thing is my sims friend bursting if I open the door (normally I locked the door) for as short period as couple of hours. They run to my sim, ask to be bff, my sims says no thank you, and they feel rejected. This is completely ridiculous behavior. Game only allows to have one bff and my sims bff is her husband. I will not change bff daily, so other sims won’t get sad.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Lost interest. I'm now getting the feeling that the game is trying to control me, rather than me controlling it. I'll keep it on my laptop but am turning back to other things.

I prefer being able to have more control of my sims too. I don’t mind the active careers having objectives, or strangerville having objectives, I actually prefer that, but when it comes to lifestyles and sentiments and wants and fears, I prefer to have greater control, of how I think they should act.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    I'm frustrated with these random insults the Sims are lobbing at each other. It's very annoying.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I'm still enjoying my game, and Simming as much as time allows. That said, I do have a fair few mods that take away some of the current aggravations (I'm looking at you, wants and fears).