Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't buy Simpoints on Store.TheSims3.com?

EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,319 EA Community Manager
Hey all,

At the moment the "Buy SimPoints" link on TheSims3.com is redirecting to the new EA app instead of the correct store page.

However, players can still purchase SimPoints on the EA app for PC (and Origin on Mac) to redeem on TheSims3.com and in-game stores while this issue is corrected.

Thanks!
Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png

Comments

• candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    edited December 2022
    Hi! Thank you for looking into this! Do you have any idea when it will be corrected?
    @EA_Cade
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,319 EA Community Manager
    candyboot wrote: »
    Hi! Thank you for looking into this! Do you have any idea when it will be corrected?
    @EA_Cade

I haven't seen any updates on this issue, once we have more information I'll update this thread.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • kmcclure0214kmcclure0214 Posts: 1 New Member
    Where on the EA app can you purchase points? I cant find it. Thanks
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,319 EA Community Manager
    Where on the EA app can you purchase points? I cant find it. Thanks

You can find them in EA app by clicking on The Sims 3 then Add-ons and then The Sims 3 Currency.
  • TECHSPERT50TECHSPERT50 Posts: 46 Member
    I stumbled upon this page and thought this had finally got fixed on web after like 2 years but... the next button does nothing? Does this sims 3 store link work for anyone?? Cant figure out if its maybe just my browser or somthing. https://store.thesims3.com/buyMoreSimPointsProduct.html zjefkx921qey.png
  • LauraBowLauraBow Posts: 58 Member
    @TECHSPERT50 I have not seen that page before in the 2-3 years I've been purchasing SimPoints and it's not coming up for me now. Purchasing through the EA App is currently the way to go.
    *Susan*
    Successfully own the store as of December 15, 2023. B)
    My Page - for SimPort/Friends; username is AgtScully1121
    Sims 3: Laura Bow, Lillian Prune, and Steve Dorian by me!