Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Still Washing Dishes In Bathroom & Putting Earwax In Salads

Ever since Sims 4 came out, my sims have preferred to wash their dishes in bathroom sinks instead of the kitchen, and they usually put earwax into their salads.

Comments

• BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    They go to the nearest sink so if you have a bathroom near the kitchen then just don't put a sink in there, the tireless automatic hand washing at OCD level is also too much lol and barely fills the hygiene bar where it tanks anyway especially since we have to keep our sims in shape, so once it gets down to a low level no amount of hand washing will help it, so i would think about where you put sinks and maybe don't put one in the downstairs bathroom only in the upstairs one near the bedrooms where there's no kitchen.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Well the downside to that is if you want your Sim to brush their teeths or if they want a glass of water they have to walk a longer distance.
    edited December 2022
    Peral wrote: »
    Well the downside to that is if you want your Sim to brush their teeths or if they want a glass of water they have to walk a longer distance.

Just get them to brush their teeth upstairs and build 3 small bathrooms, i see lots of people do this when building they have like 3 bathrooms not just because of the sinks but because if you have guests over they're going to start fighting over the bathrooms which has always been like that but even more so now with TS4... and they tend to pile in the bathrooms because they go to socialize with each other which then blocks other sims from using the toilet... so if you have 3 bathrooms then they're going to spread out across the three bathrooms not blocking any sims path. Even in TS2 i make sure to at least have 2 bathrooms.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    The earwax one ist clearly by design. You'd need to use a mod to geht rid of it.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    https://youtu.be/iwne5fVA-vI
    I'm not sure if this absolutely true, but there seems to be a logic to it.
    Next time I have this problem, I will look at the layout of things.

Another question is, after using the toilet, why do they ignore the bathroom sink in the bathroom they are currently in to go wash their hands in another bathroom.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    edited December 2022
    CK213 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/iwne5fVA-vI
    I'm not sure if this absolutely true, but there seems to be a logic to it.
    Next time I have this problem, I will look at the layout of things.

Another question is, after using the toilet, why do they ignore the bathroom sink in the bathroom they are currently in to go wash their hands in another bathroom.

Because if you have a bathroom very close in proximity to the kitchen area then they're going to pick up on the sink in the bathroom and keep going in, but if the bathroom is further away from the kitchen then the coding of the game doesn't make them latch onto the sink in the bathroom and considers the sink in the kitchen the nearest sink, you can't always keep building the bathroom further away from the kitchen though so... the only solution is just not put a sink in the downstairs bathroom, there's nothing else you can do really...

They did it in TS2 as well not as much but they did it yus... but mostly only when the sink in the kitchen was broken or already being used by another sim, and then the game rerouted them to a sink in a bathroom so back then we had to have a sink in every single bathroom incase that happened. Now though? in TS4 the game coding has been altered where they just pick up on any sink closest to the kitchen regardless if it's being used by another sim or not... straight to the toilet sink LOL. Soo... i guess that makes it no longer necessary to add sinks in all the bathrooms.

It's also a good idea to add both a sink and a dishwasher in your kitchens so the sims aren't fighting over somewhere to wash their plates once they're done eating lol and if one of the breaks the other is working long enough so i can get the other fixed, the sims then see the dishwasher as the number 1 place to wash their dishes but they're rerouted to the sink if someone is using it at the same time.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    It clearly is true.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen