This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Forum Collab Basegame Save File Project COMPLETE!

Comments

  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member

    @IreneLiberius I'm sorry I didn't make that very understandable. "From the ground up" means that you have to start with a blank canvas. If you delete the entire build and then create something, I can use it. If you use what's already built and then change it, I can't. Yours looked like you built the whole thing, so it's possible I misunderstood you.
  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member

    @jellybelly_3 What a cute starter!! And welcome to the challenge.
  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member

    @Lissykin I love your sim and I'm going to try and get her in the game. If you don't mind, I might try and add her while the traits are still glitching and see if I can fix them in my game. I haven't tried to do that because it might show the sim as "created by" me and "original by" you, and I'd rather it just be by you. I would of course, still give you credit. That's just why I haven't tried that way yet.

    I don't know how you play your game, so this might not work for you, but I go to https://jamesturner.yt/disablepacks and disable all packs except base game when I'm working on this one. He has instructions how to do this on YouTube as well, I believe. It's very easy and I switch back and forth a lot. (I have almost every pack and expansion they sell, so it would be incredibly hard for me to build base game only, if I didn't block everything else out).

    By the way, I'd LOVE to see your family, even if it doesn't end up working for my game! Thanks so much for being a part of this.
  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member


    @IreneLiberius That homeless retreat is amazing!! Remember to fill in the Submission Entry Information if you want me to consider it for the save. If not, I still very much enjoy seeing your builds!! They're very very good.
  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member

    @Lissykin Great starter! I can't wait to look closer when I get back home later.
  • Options
    IreneLiberiusIreneLiberius Posts: 22 Member
    HomeMama wrote: »
    @IreneLiberius I'm sorry I didn't make that very understandable. "From the ground up" means that you have to start with a blank canvas. If you delete the entire build and then create something, I can use it. If you use what's already built and then change it, I can't. Yours looked like you built the whole thing, so it's possible I misunderstood you.

    Ahhh, thank you for explaining. It´s exactly what I did: I leveled the terrain with the bulldozer and started from scratch. Perhaps renovation or redesign was the wrong word for it.

    1. Gallery ID - IreneLiberius
    2. Forum name - IreneLiberius
    3. Permission to use this specific build - Yes
    4. Category the build is considered for - Park
    5. Constructive Criticism - Yes please!
    6. (optional) - nothing
    7. Link to gallery entry -https://ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/DE64EDCA516F11ED831F76CD8AB72BC6
    8. Title of your Build - WillowCreek Park Basegame
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,920 Member
    Entry Form
    1. Your Gallery ID: BreeMiles
    2. Your forum name: BreeMiles
    3. Permission to use this specific build/sims in my save file (with acknowledgment of you, the builder, if selected.) Yes
    4. Category you want this build considered for.: Community Retirement Lot (Residential)
    5. Constructive Criticism Yes/No (from other forum users, not just me) No
    6. (optional) Links to slide shows, your personal blog/YouTube channel (sims related only): Blog https://breemiles.blogspot.com/2022/10/community-retirement-home.html
    7. (optional but also helpful) Link to gallery entry: https://ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4DAFFB4D52E011ED8590F0B1A11A51A4
    8. Title of your Build: Community Retirement Home
    1.jpg


  • Options
    IreneLiberiusIreneLiberius Posts: 22 Member
    edited October 2022
    Thank you all for your compliments and the the nice words. I am very pleased that you like my buildings.
    @Lissykin I really love your starter home, especially the backside veranda and the contemporary furnishings.

    The entry form for the homeless retreat:
    1. Gallery ID - IreneLiberius
    2. Forum name - IreneLiberius
    3. Permission to use this specific build - Yes
    4. Category the build is considered for - homeless retreat below 10k
    5. Constructive Criticism - Yes please!
    6. (optional) - nothing
    7. Link to gallery entry - https://ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5A45B5D6524A11ED87627E5A82CDDB73
    8. Title of your Build - Homeless retreat

    Post edited by IreneLiberius on
  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    HomeMama wrote: »
    @IreneLiberius I'm sorry I didn't make that very understandable. "From the ground up" means that you have to start with a blank canvas. If you delete the entire build and then create something, I can use it. If you use what's already built and then change it, I can't. Yours looked like you built the whole thing, so it's possible I misunderstood you.

    Ahhh, thank you for explaining. It´s exactly what I did: I leveled the terrain with the bulldozer and started from scratch. Perhaps renovation or redesign was the wrong word for it.

    1. Gallery ID - IreneLiberius
    2. Forum name - IreneLiberius
    3. Permission to use this specific build - Yes
    4. Category the build is considered for - Park
    5. Constructive Criticism - Yes please!
    6. (optional) - nothing
    7. Link to gallery entry -https://ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/DE64EDCA516F11ED831F76CD8AB72BC6
    8. Title of your Build - WillowCreek Park Basegame

    Oh yay!! When you said "renovation", I understood you to mean that you changed it up. I was actually confused because it looked like there was nothing left of the original :D . I'm glad to hear this. Your park is beautiful!

    I'm so glad you're entering this park. I love it!
  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member

    @BreeMiles Oh my goodness!! I LOVE this retirement home! Thank you for permission to use it. I can't wait to try it out.
  • Options
    LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,794 Member
    edited October 2022
    @HomeMama I'm totally fine with you trying her out in game after I've uploaded her, I haven't done it yet because I thought I might be able to fix it. 😅
    Thank you for the link to disable everything but the base game, I use the in game filters for building and Sims creation but the traits and aspirations get me every time. I'd love if EA added the little symbol for which pack which trait or aspiration came from, that would help a bunch.
    The family, I'll share them with an entry form later today.
    Thanks again for your help! I'll let you know when my redhead is in the Gallery. :)
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,920 Member
    edited October 2022
    HomeMama wrote: »
    @BreeMiles Oh my goodness!! I LOVE this retirement home! Thank you for permission to use it. I can't wait to try it out.

    I'm super happy you like it dear, I may make another not sure yet though!
  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    Lissykin wrote: »
    @HomeMama I'm totally fine with you trying her out in game after I've uploaded her, I haven't done it yet because I thought I might be able to fix it. 😅
    Thank you for the link to disable everything but the base game, I use the in game filters for building and Sims creation but the traits and aspirations get me every time. I'd love if EA added the little symbol for which pack which trait or aspiration came from, that would help a bunch.
    The family, I'll share them with an entry form later today.
    Thanks again for your help! I'll let you know when my redhead is in the Gallery. :)

    I added your red-headed sweetheart to my game!! I hope I got everything right. It did allow me to edit the traits that weren't showing, so I went ahead and did that as close as I could remember. I can't wait to see your family!

    And you're welcome! I love using James Turners website to do that. It's so convenient.

    [url="[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/mr0QYrjG/Screen-Shot-2022-10-23-at-5-25-37-PM.png[/img][/url]"][/url]Screen-Shot-2022-10-23-at-5-25-37-PM.png
  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member

    @BreeMiles Whether you make just this one, or many more, I really appreciate it! Thanks for letting me use it. It is absolutely stunning.

    Asking everyone:

    Is it okay if I change the names of your builds? I understand why you might name them "Willowcreek Park" or "Retirement Community" or what not, because it's simple and easy to find. However, I thought I might get a little more creative and give them more robust names, if that's something that's okay with y'all.
  • Options
    IreneLiberiusIreneLiberius Posts: 22 Member
    @HomeMama : You can name my builds as you want to, I am not good in finding names (obviously). Actually I did another park with a boring name ;). It doesn´t look as pretty as the Willowcreek one, but it is fun to play.

    download
    The automatical pictures didn´t turn out well, so here are some screens:

    25-10-22-08-45-14.png

    25-10-22-16-59-04.png

    25-10-22-17-02-36.png



  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    @IreneLiberius Awesome! Thank you. I'll take a look. Please fill out the submission entry info, if you would like your build considered for the save file. Your builds are very cool.
  • Options
    JustinPhoenixDLCJustinPhoenixDLC Posts: 42 Member
    edited October 2022
    @HomeMama (and everyone) I apologize about my absence, dealing with some life issues ATM.
    Love all the builds I'm seeing so far and cheering from the sidelines :smiley:
    Please bring disabilities to the Sims 4!
    Gallery ID: JusGaminDLC | YouTube Channel
  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    @HomeMama (and everyone) I apologize about my absence, dealing with some life issues ATM.
    Love all the builds I'm seeing so far and cheering from the sidelines :smiley:

    No worries at all! I'm just glad to see you, and everyone else, any chance I get. I'm planning my daughter's wedding at the moment, so I can get quite busy, myself. No rush! I kind of think of this as a long-term project that will be finished when it's finished.
  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    edited October 2022

    Progress on our save file:

    All of these are subject to change, even my own builds. If I find one's that just fit better, look better in the world, have favorites that glitch too much in the game...etc, I'm willing to change things. But these are what I've put in the game so far and I really love them all. This is so neat seeing all of these things starting to come together. You guys are SO creative!!!

    I don't want to hog all the fun, though, and since there's enough to play with now...I went ahead and uploaded what we have so far to a save file for us to try out. Just follow the link and you can download the save file to your own computer and play or test whatever you like.

    simfileshare.net/download/3508270/

    Please let me know if this works/doesn't, so I can figure things out. I've only ever made save files for me and my close family/friends, so sharing with you guys is new. I hope I get it right.

    If you see this, you're in the right place:

    [url="[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/63FDkPVz/Screen-Shot-2022-10-27-at-12-23-02-PM.png[/img][/url]"][/url]Screen-Shot-2022-10-27-at-12-23-02-PM.png

    This is, of course, not by any means, a final draft. This is just the first chance to give you guys a way to play what we've all been building together. Please respect each other's wishes about critiques (yes or no's), but do let me know if something literally won't work. I already found a bathtub that a sim wouldn't get into, so if you find your bathroom changed, that's why.

    Y'all...I seriously love your work! I'm so impressed.

    Here's some pictures, some overall views of what you'll find in the save so far, and others are changes in names (or additions of blank lot traits). If you don't like the way it's been changed, just let me know.

    You guys, I'm LOVING the surprises in what y'all build. Please keep sending me things that aren't what I'm specifically looking for. I thought I'd want to focus on one at a time, but I get in moods to build certain things, and I'm sure you do too. I don't mind at all to see whatever base game builds you come up with.

    Right now, I'm no longer looking for the following builds for our save file:

    Retirement Home Community
    Bar
    Church
    (feel free to still submit any of these, I just feel completely satisfied with what I have and am not actively looking for improvements or multiples of these)

    @Lissykin @BreeMiles @IreneLiberius Thank you so much, Ladies! Y'all are amazing.

    P.S. If you don't see one of your builds that you hoped would be there, make sure you filled out a Submission Entry Information for each build you want me to consider. I don't assume I have permission for everything. Even if you state that I have, I don't remember who did that. I'm depending on each entry separately to know it's okay with you.
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,149 Member
    Is it OK if I use debug items?
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,920 Member
    HomeMama wrote: »
    Progress on our save file:

    All of these are subject to change, even my own builds. If I find one's that just fit better, look better in the world, have favorites that glitch too much in the game...etc, I'm willing to change things. But these are what I've put in the game so far and I really love them all. This is so neat seeing all of these things starting to come together. You guys are SO creative!!!

    I don't want to hog all the fun, though, and since there's enough to play with now...I went ahead and uploaded what we have so far to a save file for us to try out. Just follow the link and you can download the save file to your own computer and play or test whatever you like.

    simfileshare.net/download/3508270/

    Please let me know if this works/doesn't, so I can figure things out. I've only ever made save files for me and my close family/friends, so sharing with you guys is new. I hope I get it right.

    If you see this, you're in the right place:

    [url="[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/63FDkPVz/Screen-Shot-2022-10-27-at-12-23-02-PM.png[/img][/url]"][/url]Screen-Shot-2022-10-27-at-12-23-02-PM.png

    This is, of course, not by any means, a final draft. This is just the first chance to give you guys a way to play what we've all been building together. Please respect each other's wishes about critiques (yes or no's), but do let me know if something literally won't work. I already found a bathtub that a sim wouldn't get into, so if you find your bathroom changed, that's why.

    Y'all...I seriously love your work! I'm so impressed.

    Here's some pictures, some overall views of what you'll find in the save so far, and others are changes in names (or additions of blank lot traits). If you don't like the way it's been changed, just let me know.

    You guys, I'm LOVING the surprises in what y'all build. Please keep sending me things that aren't what I'm specifically looking for. I thought I'd want to focus on one at a time, but I get in moods to build certain things, and I'm sure you do too. I don't mind at all to see whatever base game builds you come up with.

    Right now, I'm no longer looking for the following builds for our save file:

    Retirement Home Community
    Bar
    Church
    (feel free to still submit any of these, I just feel completely satisfied with what I have and am not actively looking for improvements or multiples of these)

    @Lissykin @BreeMiles @IreneLiberius Thank you so much, Ladies! Y'all are amazing.

    P.S. If you don't see one of your builds that you hoped would be there, make sure you filled out a Submission Entry Information for each build you want me to consider. I don't assume I have permission for everything. Even if you state that I have, I don't remember who did that. I'm depending on each entry separately to know it's okay with you.

    Everything is looking so lovely @HomeMama I can't wait to get this save file in my game
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,149 Member
    edited October 2022
    Gallery ID: Cavapoo_King
    Forum Name: Cavapoo_King
    Permission to use this specific build/sims in the save file: Yes, but please acknowledge me as the builder.
    Build Category: Houses between 80k and 150k (147k).
    Constructive Criticism: Yes.
    Slideshow:Here
    hsbJUZ4.png
    Build Title: Basegame Family Home
    Gallery Link:Here
    Additional information:
    I Built this on the 30x20 at the very top of Willow Creek (opposite The Goth's house) but it could be put on and 30x20 or larger. You can rename it if you want.
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    edited October 2022
    @Cavapoo_King Yes, that would be fine! (Debug)

    What a lovely home! Thank you! I'll take a closer look soon.

    This is how I'm giving credit to builders within the game.

    [url="[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/1zsygB4N/Screen-Shot-2022-10-18-at-4-14-33-PM.png[/img][/url]"][/url]Screen-Shot-2022-10-18-at-4-14-33-PM.png

    I list the builders name, followed by all their builds in that world, in the description of the world.
  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    @BreeMiles Thank you! I'm excited about how it's coming along!
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top