Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forum Collab Basegame Save File Project COMPLETE!

Comments

• HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member

@Lissykin That's such a great build! And no worries at all...nothing to be late for. You can build anything in the first list at your own pace and desire. I just put a weekly focus to keep myself rolling along. It didn't work this last week, as I was just too busy and only started on it.

You aren't behind. Just jump in wherever and I'd love to see your builds.

This week's focus:

A homeless shelter in any world.

This one is a community lot (generic or whatever fits) and needs to have beds/showers/toilets and entertainment, as well as a "soup kitchen" where they can come and eat or fix their own meals.

I usually make this one with lot traits that are undesirable to keep my rags to riches sims on track and not dependent on it.

@Lissykin @shakerella @IvyRowen @JusGaminDLC and anyone else reading:

Lissykin got me thinking! Idea!

Okay, originally I meant this as only a challenge, to bulk up what's available in the gallery for base game. BUT...did y'all want this to be a SaveFile project where it's a group effort and I choose winners to be represented in the save file? I can totally do that. It would be a long-term project and I would need to revamp the rules a tad to make sure everyone gave me the info to include. But that would be fun.

Please let me know what you think!
  • JustinPhoenixDLCJustinPhoenixDLC Posts: 42 Member
    OK, so I'm a bit late to the party too, but here is my entry for base game starter...
    Gallery Link

00.jpg
    01.jpg
    02.jpg

I don't really have a tester sim that I use. I usually just use whoever is available, but I'll work on one for next time.
    Please bring disabilities to the Sims 4!
    Gallery ID: JusGaminDLC | YouTube Channel
    edited October 2022
    HomeMama wrote: »
    @Lissykin @shakerella @IvyRowen @JusGaminDLC and anyone else reading:

Lissykin got me thinking! Idea!

Okay, originally I meant this as only a challenge, to bulk up what's available in the gallery for base game. BUT...did y'all want this to be a SaveFile project where it's a group effort and I choose winners to be represented in the save file? I can totally do that. It would be a long-term project and I would need to revamp the rules a tad to make sure everyone gave me the info to include. But that would be fun.

Please let me know what you think!

@HomeMama I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! I'd be honored to join in the fun. I have already been working on a (full game) save file for my own game, but some of the lots were definitely glazed over and could use some more attention.

Looking forward and see who else wants to participate as well as whatever rules you come up with. No matter what should be fun.

Thank you for thinking of me :smiley::blush:
  • LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,791 Member
    @HomeMama A group project sounds super fun! Count me in! <3
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    Is their a set price range for this lot?
    1 Retirement Home community (on one lot)

Or Size of lot?

@JusGaminDLC That's really cute! I love this remodel of the maxis build, but I'm looking to put in builds started from scratch. I think this looks amazing as a remodel, though! Nice job!
    BreeMiles wrote: »

Or Size of lot?

Welcome! This one has no budget or lot size. Very open to your creativity. I'd love to see what you come up with!
    edited October 2022
    I've edited the first post to include Save File Entry Information and rules.

Challenge only Focus: Public School

For Consideration in my Base Game Save File:

Homeless Sim's Residential Lot:

Requirements:
    Budget: Under $10K (when loaded from gallery...be careful, this is different than price shown while building).
    Lot size: Any
    World: Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, or Newcrest

Must include: cheapest toilet, cheapest adult bed (single or double), and outdoor trashcan

For this build, you may include the following cheats:
    bb.moveobjects on
    bb.showhiddenobjects
    bb.showliveeditobjects

This build should be residential, however it should look commercial (park/under bridge/alley, etc) I would also consider builds that look like abandoned residential lots that squatters live in.

Due Date: Nov. 1, 2022
    Post edited by HomeMama on

@Lissykin Awesome! Glad to have you!

This is sort of a re-created version of an older build I did that wasn't base game.

[url="[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/wBHKBB3q/Screen-Shot-2022-10-18-at-3-39-01-PM.png[/img][/url]"][/url]Screen-Shot-2022-10-18-at-3-39-01-PM.png

https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5397A1B34F2511ED81FBB0367017BAFF

Submission Entry
    1. Your Gallery ID: WisdomBuilders
    2. Your forum name: HomeMama
    3. I don't mind if you use this one for your save, as long as I'm given credit (obviously this is for my save, but I wanted to give an example)
    4. Category: Homeless Sim's Residential lot
    5. Constructive Criticism Yes/No (from other forum users, not just me): Yes
    6. (optional) Links to slide shows, your personal blog/YouTube channel (sims related only)-N/A
    7. (optional but also helpful) Link to gallery entry-above
    8. Hidden Crates
    @JusGaminDLC That's really cute! I love this remodel of the maxis build, but I'm looking to put in builds started from scratch. I think this looks amazing as a remodel, though! Nice job!

@HomeMama My bad, I apologize, I misunderstood.

As for the homeless shelter, are you looking for it to accommodate a certain number of sims?

This is how I'm planning to give credit (instead of the description of the world). If you have any ideas that would be easier or more easily seen, please let me know. There is limited space in that area, but I figure if I run out of space, I can delete my own build's credits or something. Haven't thought that far ahead. I've only done a save file using my own builds before.

[url="[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/1zsygB4N/Screen-Shot-2022-10-18-at-4-14-33-PM.png[/img][/url]"][/url]Screen-Shot-2022-10-18-at-4-14-33-PM.png

edited October 2022

@HomeMama My bad, I apologize, I misunderstood.

As for the homeless shelter, are you looking for it to accommodate a certain number of sims?

It was my fault...just didn't think ahead and explain myself.

I have an old homeless shelter on my gallery, if you'd like ideas, but I don't mean for it to be like mine. I would love to see what people come up with. I would say at least more than one sim, and no more than 12, just so that it won't be hard on slower computers. I have a great computer, but I want to make sure it's not hard to run on basic computers.

P.S. I'm looking both for a community build, homeless shelter (not due Nov. 1)

and

A residential lot under $10k for a homeless sim (due Nov. 1 for the save file)

@shakerella I would love to use your starter home for my base game save file! Would you be okay with that?

@Lissykin I'd love to use your starter home in my base game save file, if that's okay with you?

(I also really love your sim, but I need her traits changed to base game traits in order to work in this save.)

Or Size of lot?

Welcome! This one has no budget or lot size. Very open to your creativity. I'd love to see what you come up with!

If its okay then I would love to give it a go!
    One more question does it matter what world its in?

Or Size of lot?

Of course! I would love for you to participate. As to the question...No, not at all. The challenge is meant to load up the gallery with various choices and size and costs ranges. For the challenge, there are no specific requirements per build. Only the rules listed at the bottom of the original post (include toddler accessibility, pools in 80k+, etc).

If you would like to participate in the save file, those will be more specific, and we're working on a homeless sim residential for under $10k at the moment.

Or Size of lot?

Of course! I would love for you to participate. As to the question...No, not at all. The challenge is meant to load up the gallery with various choices and size and costs ranges. For the challenge, there are no specific requirements per build. Only the rules listed at the bottom of the original post (include toddler accessibility, pools in 80k+, etc).

If you would like to participate in the save file, those will be more specific, and we're working on a homeless sim residential for under $10k at the moment.

Okay many thanks, I'll let you know on the save file depending on how this lot moves me!
    [/quote]Okay many thanks, I'll let you know on the save file depending on how this lot moves me! [/quote]

Totally understand, lol. Sometimes my builds fall flat and some of them I'm super proud of.
  • LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,791 Member

@Lissykin I'd love to use your starter home in my base game save file, if that's okay with you?

(I also really love your sim, but I need her traits changed to base game traits in order to work in this save.)

Thank you for using my build! I'll adjust the Sim today. I wish they had a filter for the traits as they do for the clothing categories. I didn't even think about that when trying to solve my Get to Work mystery. lol
    Lissykin wrote: »

Thank you for using my build! I'll adjust the Sim today. I wish they had a filter for the traits as they do for the clothing categories. I didn't even think about that when trying to solve my Get to Work mystery. lol

I do too! That would be so helpful. And thank you!
    edited October 2022
    I wanted to add my Base Game sim to the challenge for review to add to the base game save file. Not sure if I've done it correctly or not but here he is!

1. Your Gallery ID BreeMiles
    2. Your forum name BreeMiles
    3. Permission to use this specific build/sims in my save file (with acknowledgment of you, the builder, if selected.) Yes
    4. Category you want this build considered for. Sim
    5. Constructive Criticism Yes/No (from other forum users, not just me) No
    6. (optional) Links to slide shows, your personal blog/YouTube channel (sims related only) Blog: https://breemiles.blogspot.com/2022/10/henry-walden.html
    7. (optional but also helpful) Link to gallery entry: https://ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E0F8EA774FAC11ED83D19390930E6E06
    8. Added New BASE GAME trait DL: https://ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/13829DBF500F11ED896F76CD8AB72BC6
    9. Title of your Build: Sim
    Henry%202.jpg

Post edited by BreeMiles on
    @HomeMama not sure if I've done this correctly but wanted to add my Base Game Henry here for consideration, in the Base Game Save File. Let me know if you need anything more for him.