Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Serving yourself burned food!

Pretend you are super, hungry, in the Sims 3, as your hunger meter is almost to it's death. But as you cook: Oops! You burnt a dish! And you are almost dying of starvation! You don't want your Sim to die! What would you do with that dish?

(I AM NOT INTENDING TO COPY ANOTHER PERSON'S THREAD. IF THERE IS ANOTHER THREAD THAT IS ACTIVE, PLEASE TELL ME)
I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.

Serving yourself burned food! 71 votes

Make another meal, and empty the burned meal, at the cost of big delays.
5%
hiddengnomesPleaseMisterPostmanNidhiB777ks0 4 votes
Go run for meal quickly at the closest diner.
2%
EA_MariMetior_Ice 2 votes
I ain't care, eat the meal. He's starving, so anything can do!
38%
Mykalaplycarlystur03SikoahGraceSnuffyBucketParyairotciv54DarkLady2788emorrillLusitanoBreederbenson20065782341b77vlCAPTAIN_NXR7hells456xxnearlyperfectxBreazonaSheepilingMantleJackalSERVERFRASeashoreLiviauserafw 27 votes
Use a cheat to higher their hunger.
4%
TinySpaceFoxpolrbearSimexpert123 3 votes
Be smart and make sure to save a meal in the fridge beforehand just in case.
8%
MarkooshMikezumiannaliese39EnkiSchmidtAgmolly210Simmingal 6 votes
Other
5%
cianebklienhartKarritzBrandontaylor 4 votes
Let him starve! He needs to deal with it!
1%
Mread1 1 vote
Time to quit the Sims 3...
0%
Make a quick meal.
33%
Emily4331LaBlue0314lisamwittMamaSimTeeCororonjillbgbobv2peterskywalkerMirichaduhboy2u2RipleyrawrLatinaBunnyAstroSimmer2500ZeeGeetexanskyPlainevilNikkei_SimmerKynanmeerkattime 24 votes
Drink something.
0%

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Make a quick meal.
    My sims have never gotten close to death in a long time, but they do seem to burn their food and have no time to prepare another dish, usually heading off to school or work. In those cases, I'll just have them grab a quick meal.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,934 Member
    I have habit of making my sims food in advance cause i can't be bothered to make them cook daily

in situation i forgot to do that I still have tendency to check my sims hunger need way before it reaches the death range

if its really gonna be that very specific situation tho i probably pause game to locate easiest access to proper food

if there aint any close enough to save my sim ill just feed them the burnt meal or tbh maybe i just let them die because tbh ive no love for my ts3 sims i always end up killing them anyway so might as well use the opportunity
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,456 Member
    Same thing I would do if I was starving. Eat it and move on.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Other
    I picked other, because I don’t just have one go to. I do a variety of the choices, mostly either they eat the burnt food, I cheat up their hunger a bit, or I’ll give them a harvestable if I have any.
  • bobv2bobv2 Posts: 95 Member
    Make a quick meal.
    Usually if they are that hungry I am not messing around with cooking anyway, I would always go for the quick meal instead. But if I did screw up then yeah I would just have them grab a quick meal, usually a bowl of cereal.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Because my sims usually garden for a living, they roll wishes to prepare food using new harvestables so there is always food in the fridge to fall back on when something goes wrong. Also I have never had a sim close to starvation because I like families to eat together at breakfast and dinner. When the kids become teens they also start on the cooking skill adding to an already full fridge of goodies to eat when they are too busy to prepare fresh meals. My sims never eat quick meals because higher quality meals are the only way to keep the hunger bar from depleting too quickly.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    edited September 2022
    Other
    My sims usually have a garden and they have harvestables from that garden. Therefore, they often have something to eat in their inventory. Or, I'd just make them eat the burned food if there was nothing else. But I usually get my sims to cook a multiple serving whenever they cook so they usually have left overs in the fridge.
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,346 Member
    Make a quick meal.

I have them eat cereal or soup. It doesn't take long to eat and will do in an emergency situation. I recycle the burned food.
  • ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    I'd just eat the food. Who cares? There are no negative moodlets, except just a really short "Good Meal" moodlet. Plus he can still earn cooking skill!
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Make a quick meal.
    Quick meal. I'm not eating burned food, and cooking all over again is just a waste of time!
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    I'm not really sure, because nowadays I prefer to play with sims that are more or less fully autonomous, so it depends what the sim would do... but if they were really close to dying, I would probably just have them eat the meal as punishment for being such a lousy chef..

If it was me, I would probably just eat a quick meal instead, I'm not eating burnt food.. or just pick out the pieces that are burnt and eat the rest, because I have never actually burned a full meal before.. <_< >_>... how do you even do that? :P
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    I'm not really sure, because nowadays I prefer to play with sims that are more or less fully autonomous, so it depends what the sim would do... but if they were really close to dying, I would probably just have them eat the meal as punishment for being such a lousy chef..

If it was me, I would probably just eat a quick meal instead, I'm not eating burnt food.. or just pick out the pieces that are burnt and eat the rest, because I have never actually burned a full meal before.. <_< >_>... how do you even do that? :P

Do you put all your Sims as Natural Cooks? They never burn meals if you place the trait in the personality bar.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Other
    I'm late to the poll, but I just have the sim grab a piece of fruit from the fridge (or their inventory).
  • Mread1Mread1 Posts: 7 New Member
    Let him starve! He needs to deal with it!
    who would let their sim starve like what
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    Make a quick meal.
    Mread1 wrote: »

https://merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sadism :smirk:
    There are evil Watchers out there. :p
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Mread1 wrote: »

As Nikkei_Simmer said, the same people who would wall up their pool with the sim inside. :)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • LamaaaayLamaaaay Posts: 66 Member
    they can eat the burnt food. if you are starving you have no right to complain about food being burnt
  • tanezumitanezumi Posts: 15 Member
    ok well.. seconds from dying.. the burnt food wont kill the sim, right? is that another random way a sim can die?
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 372 Member
    They'll be unhappy about it, but short term unhappiness is better than the long term unhappiness their family will get from their death.

It's either that or asking a neighbor for a sandwich as the game itself says when a Sim dies of starvation.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Is there some hidden gotcha to eating burned food, that it would even be a question? I mena if the sim is about to die, why would you just go ahead and let them eat burned food?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Go run for meal quickly at the closest diner.
    I enjoy cooking, sometimes. But, I’m not against going for a quick meal at a restaurant if I’m that hungry.

Honestly, there’s a good chance that I might burn water. :D
  • octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    I usually make the sim who prepared the burnt meal eat it, and the other household members can have a quick meal. I used to make them wash the burnt meal right after they made it and make them cook another new one, but I had once played the Ursine household, and Claire's daughter made a burnt meal, and I had her wash it up to make another. She started crying right after she washed the burnt meal, and I then figured that maybe sims prefer to eat their horribly prepared meals rather than waste it!
  • Make another meal, and empty the burned meal, at the cost of big delays.
    I usually do have at least two meals in the fridge beforehand but when I am out of meals and the sims burnt the one they were make, no matter their hunger I make them remake another meal.
  • ltawtltawt Posts: 11 New Member
    Make a quick meal.
    Cereal is my go-to when my sim burns their food
  • dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    I usually keep spare pemmican or dried food from World Adventures on my sims so I rarely see the starvation thing as they autonomously eat that or drink honey if they get hungry.

I burnt a frozen pizza once and didn't have time to cook an other meal so I ate a slice and it was every bit revolting as pizza usually is.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.