Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unique Builds

Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
edited August 2022 in The Sims 4 Lots

This is the kind of build that catches my attention in the Gallery! Not only does it look really awesome and fantastically imaginative, it is actually play-tested and functions in-game.

It fits a 20 x 20 minimum and only requires 3 packs.
"Sulani Fantasy (Thx 1000)" by @Jazmilia

I put it at "Reef Finery".

npdzIJ1.png
FAaToVo.png
IU1sfxw.png
XyWexZl.png

Reticulating Splines...
9ODVlJh.png

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    How about a monument?

BOqnnZH.png
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Amazing work you found Admiral. But then, so is that whole Sulani shot. 3 of those builds are waaay over the height limit for TS4.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Amazing work you found Admiral. But then, so is that whole Sulani shot. 3 of those builds are waaay over the height limit for TS4.

Um? What do you mean by "height limit"?

@Oldeseadogge Of topic a bit, I suppose this would be waaaaaay over the height limit for the upper decks on a warship. :D:D;)
    rK2T1E5.jpeg
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Unless it's been changed, TS4 allows only 4 floors to a building. 3 if you have an elevated foundation. Learned that the hard way while trying to build a Vicky some years ago. Am uncertain on cheats. TS2 limit, if I remember correctly, is 6 before the cheat code. That is so flexible a bona fide skyscraper is possible. My tallest so far in TS2 is a 12-story Victorian hotel, based on period plans of one in Bermuda. This is on top of a foundation. I needed the biggest lot the game has to build it.
  • Options
    Unless it's been changed, TS4 allows only 4 floors to a building. 3 if you have an elevated foundation. Learned that the hard way while trying to build a Vicky some years ago. Am uncertain on cheats. TS2 limit, if I remember correctly, is 6 before the cheat code. That is so flexible a bona fide skyscraper is possible. My tallest so far in TS2 is a 12-story Victorian hotel, based on period plans of one in Bermuda. This is on top of a foundation. I needed the biggest lot the game has to build it.

It's 4 floors up 4 floors underground. The 5th floor up can't have any walls. It literally has to be a 'floor', or in better terms a 'roof-floor'.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    I do love that first build @Admiral8Q , the one called Sulani Fantasy. Like @Oldeseadogge I am curious about how the floors are divided up, does it fit into the 4 floor limit and if so what part of the building is on which floor?
  • Options
    I do love that first build @Admiral8Q , the one called Sulani Fantasy. Like @Oldeseadogge I am curious about how the floors are divided up, does it fit into the 4 floor limit and if so what part of the building is on which floor?

You can raise or lower rooms on each "floor" level separately. You need at least one tile separation. They can't connect directly. You can connect them with stairs though.
    (Note: This was even before platforms was codded in, which makes it even more complicated now. Heh!)

@mightysprite Check out "local pool" by fralllz. Search for the person rather than the name of the lot. ;)

Clever way to have a floor-level split, but connected. First time I ever saw this actually.
    lpt3Dhz.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
  • Options
    Jade47 wrote: »
    What's the central part of the observation tower, is it some form of sculpture scaled up?

Yes it is a 'sculpture' object scaled up. Not in-game now or I could tell you which one. :)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    @Admiral8Q Thanks, I thought so. I think I may even have it, just dismissed it as something ugly I won't use. I'll have to adjust that kind of thinking in future.
  • Options
    DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    Just fyi, for the 'height limit'.
    There is a workaround for making a fifth floor (sort of):
    https://youtu.be/pZy4TH28sKM

I love building this kind of out of the box things. Althought I usually go a bit more towards existing things that are just really difficult to build in TS4 lol. If I didn't only have basegame, I might have a bit more options though :)

omK6mMf.jpg
    r8OpB0Y.jpg

• Options
    DeanXeL wrote: »
    I love building this kind of out of the box things. Althought I usually go a bit more towards existing things that are just really difficult to build in TS4 lol. If I didn't only have basegame, I might have a bit more options though :)

omK6mMf.jpg
    r8OpB0Y.jpg

Those look excellent! Do you have them uploaded to the Gallery? I'd love to download them and check your builds out. B)

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    DeanXeL wrote: »

omK6mMf.jpg
    r8OpB0Y.jpg

Those look excellent! Do you have them uploaded to the Gallery? I'd love to download them and check your builds out. B)

Thank you ^_^ and of course! my id is DeanXeL, but several of my builds are linked in my thread too :)
  • Options
    DeeSimsGirlDeeSimsGirl Posts: 96 Member
    DeeSimsGirl2 on YouTube
    DeSimsGirl on The Sims 4 Gallery

Please subscribe and download if you like 🥰💖 it means the world to me