Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want preteens or not *Note* (I do respect everyone opinion)

Mikayla_Rose_GrahamMikayla_Rose_Graham Posts: 18 Member
edited August 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I do respect y’all opinions as for myself I do want preteens lifestage if you don’t want to have preteens then that’s okay I don’t judge.
Mikayla Rose Graham been playing the sims since 3 years
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Do you want preteens or not *Note* (I do respect everyone opinion) 125 votes

Yes
32%
LaBlue0314bandit5AlexaiGoodywoodMsMayasimbsimelanorbretonSnuffyBucketSuceressmystang1972goodcakebaker62crebo19Amj1995KatiardguezsimsinmysleepChadSims2MarkwilsonEnkiSchmidtBriana2425EricasFreePlay 41 votes
No
38%
JueJueAngel_mixPlayerSinger2010EvilWitch83SimMommy05TheSpotted_CCorkysPetalssimgirl1010g01denswanalanmichael1YautjagirlAncientMuselisasc360BabykittyjadeGrandRailLoriTSpPositivibeepammiechickcyncieWinifred_Willow 48 votes
Maybe
6%
bandcampsquirrelblueyblueskySnaveXsSheriSim57RedShoe7Behappy1stLady_EarthSimexpert123 8 votes
Probably
3%
Sorak4Quaaytweedledominoes007 4 votes
Probably not
7%
Mariefoxprice83SerraNolwenloubyloulouhellohannah2EgonVMAmapola76Phobostimekadoracsimsflauschtrud 9 votes
Neither
0%
I don’t mind
12%
SikoahGracedanacnbrettfriendlysimmersMirichaduhboy2u2DragonAge_300905DanmanNefariusCAPTAIN_NXR7AdiSharoniatelemwillNate_Whiplash1KerriganPlutohasaheartGamer_34567544 15 votes

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited August 2022
    No
    I'd rather add more to kid and teen lifestages repectively

because I never really feel like theres tween lifestage irl either like to me theres kids and then theres teens and i don't see what tweens would have that kids or teens can't have in terms of gameplay

and i really don't want another lifestage with nothing much to do in particular

if its just about looks thats mostly just result of teens looking too young adult
    but we know that probably won't change and I've made my peace with it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • MissRoxanne123MissRoxanne123 Posts: 19 Member
    Yes
    I have always felt like the jump between kid and teen is a big change. All of the sudden, they were tiny as a kid and now as a teen, they are just as tall as an adult. While I would prefer a new life stage, it doesn't have to be an actual new life stage for me. But I would like the teens to be at least a bit smaller than they are now.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes
    Yes I want preteens there should be game play in a life simulator that breaches the gap of small child playing with toys to instantly being a fully grown adult sized teenager. I felt exactly the same from going from a bassinet to a small child before toddlers were introduced huge gaps like that are just weird and leave little story telling possibilities. Also, for me it's so weird to have two children both best friends and in an instant one becomes a fully grown adult teen while the other is a small child though the same can be said for siblings it's just too drastic.

I'd love to see preteens patched in and be given their own expansion pack like teens got to make them truly unique and stand out Sims 4 is going to go on for years let's see the game add something brand new instead of remaining stagnate.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • PlutohasaheartPlutohasaheart Posts: 25 Member
    I don’t mind
    I selected I don't Mind, because I feel like it could add a lot to the game in terms of game play, and it would be nice to have a new life stage with new drama and challenges since kids just age abruptly into teens currently. Also I feel like teens look a bit too adult in this game. There was a difference in sims 2 but they just look and feel like young adults that are still in school and under their parents here.

At the same time, I feel like there is more in terms of gameplay that could be added in for kids, and just all around, and I'd also rather see bugs worked out and existing content expanded on before an entire new life stage is added. I wouldn't complain if it were added though.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited August 2022
    Yes
    With a preteen, the added extra days in the lifespan. Their height would be halfway between the child and teen/young adult. When I say preteen my thought would cover the ages from around 11 to 14 years of age. They would be able to learn a few more of the skills that teens can learn, but not all of them. At this age, they would be able to start their "adult" skills, such as musical skills, singing, painting, and so on, but it would still be fewer skills to learn than what teens can learn. They would have the option to still play with children's toys and playground equipment.

Something I would love to see would be when the children attend school that they would actually learn some skills in the process.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    Probably not
    The main concern I'm having with them is that the new height requires a lot of new animations, especially when there are a lot of things to do from the previous packs. We could again have the situation where previous packs aren't thought of (Can play basketball -> can't play basketball -> can play basketball).
    So, I would rather have them in the next game.
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    Maybe
    I wouldn't be against it, but I'd rather them add more for the life stages we already have like children.
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Yes
    I think what I'd actually like is just one teen stage, but where they are teens not fully sized adults! They just feel like a prolonged adult life stage really. I'd just like them to be more if a unique life stage, that was noticeable.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I don’t mind
    I wouldn't use them in my game (and I play with aging off), but it would be cool if others had the option
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Yes
    I voted yes, because there is a big jump from child Sim to teen Sim. Teen Sims don't look that much different from young adult either.
    In older games, like Sims 2, the teens were shorter, and the jump wasn't as jarring. Granted, the young adult stage wasn't released until Sims 2 University was released.
    I would want preteen to bridge the gap between child and teen for Sims 4. Honestly, I want more game play for the child and teen stages as well, but maybe a preteen stage may force the team to figure out what they want to do with each stage.
    To me, young adults get way too much focus in the game. Teens have the ability to live alone, which I love, because previous versions their parents had to die for that to happen. Children have a tiny bit more stuff, but I would be interested in preteens to get more stuff for other life stages.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    No
    I play teens as preteens all the time. Do we need a height slider or short height preset? Yes. Preteens? Unnecessary. Nothing to add to them that teens don't already have and they even added the puberty people wanted. People just want shorter teens because that's the only thing they could possibly bring. I personally don't think they would be adding any more life states at this late in ts4. Though I always add I would love to see younger kids like 5 or 6 year olds. These kids seem closer to preteens to me and toddlers closer to babies. Though it's not a big deal I just want overall content for the younger ages we already have 😃
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited August 2022
    I don’t mind
    1.) there is a pretty good preteen mod
    2.) unless they patch it in as a free upgrade i am not gonna bother caring since i have spent more than enough on this game already and i don't like being scammed paying for a broken product. just look at the mess the latest patch+ pack brough...my god...
  • HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 789 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I would like preteens in my game a lot!
    I don't care much about having really different gameplay, available CAS items etc... than current teens, but I really dislike the huge difference between children and teens (they seem to jump from age 8 to 16, it really feels extreme) which makes me wish for at least a preteen stage with intermediate physical features.
    I mostly notice it when playing legacies, when following the growth of a little sim into adulthood it really feels like missing some steps to me. In some saves I tried to overcome the issue by using height sliders and presets, but it really takes a lot of time and the result is just okay.
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,915 Member
    No
    Not intrested myself. but i selected wrong, as I dont really mind if there will be.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited August 2022
    No
    0-20 years old

baby
    toddler
    child
    teen

20-35 years old

young adult

35-60 years old

adult

60-death

elder

-edit

If it were a free update I wouldn't mind, but I wouldn't buy the pack/kit for it
    Post edited by CorkysPetals on
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    No
    I voted no, only because I think there's probably enough life stages for now. If there was more of a difference between how Teens looked compared with Young Adults, that might smooth out the age curve a bit.
    I just tend to play with Young Adult -> Adult Sims almost exclusively. I have a few young families with toddlers, children and teens, but the bulk of my attention goes to the parents.

Some of the things that the Sims do, you'd think they were having difficulty suppressing their inner child as it is : )
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    edited August 2022
    Maybe
    I say maybe because we still need so many things for children, they can’t ride bikes, Ive heard they can’t have pillow fights or use the ping pong table, probably other things as well. There are so many things they cannot do, and we rarely get new clothes for children in packs, and when we do it is so few.

If they make a new age imagine how little clothing they are going to have ,
    and how few things they will be able to do…..

I would personally rather have them update babies first…..
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    Yes
    Funny, I was just talking about this the other day. I want a preteen stage. I see TS4 teens as being older than 16. It's how in my mind I justify them being adult-like. My son was shaving at 15 and adult sized at 14. He's 6'4" at 19. Some teens are just taller, more adult looking than others.

It drives me a little crazy how childish TS4 teens act because again, I see them as being on the older side of teens. The massive leap from an 8 year old child to a 16 year teen can be jarring, especially for those who play legacies.

It would balance things out more if there was a stage in between child and these older teens.
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    Yes
    By all means. Let us get some awkward pre-teens, with some extra struggles added to them. Their first crush, arguing with parents and playing with friends long into the night until either said friend's parents comes to retrieve them (a Sim with child hater trait rarely bothers, and is always angry) or your teenage Sim's own parents finally get a proper usage for that Werewolf dungeon in the basement.

Current teens always feels like they're at the end of their lifestage. College, getting a job, essentially doing everything the young adult does, sans proper jobs and pregnancy. Pre-teens should be about having fun and enjoying life before it's time to become a young young adult older teen. They can improve the older teen while they're at it.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I don’t mind
    I don't mind either way. TBH I'm still waiting for more elder activities to be added. I'm glad they've added knitting and cross stitch. Its a great past time for house-parents/house-spouses and retired elders. I like having something for non-employed sims to do within the home.

TlDr: I'd like to see more activities for the current life stages first, but wouldn't mind pre-teens.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • pieka33pieka33 Posts: 4 New Member
    No
    I voted no because the combined child and teen fase is already to long for me. After a few days child and teen sims really bore me (even with high school years installed)
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Yes
    I still say yes because it would be something new in the game. We have all these threads of ideas for the preteens so I'm not going to repeat myself all the devs have to do is look through them and stick with the ideas *side eye* *slowly looks away* I really want Preteens because it's something new haven't been done in the PC version.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Yes
    This. All teens in the game look the same age, and there's a huge gap between kids and teens.
    Funny, I was just talking about this the other day. I want a preteen stage. I see TS4 teens as being older than 16. It's how in my mind I justify them being adult-like. My son was shaving at 15 and adult sized at 14. He's 6'4" at 19. Some teens are just taller, more adult looking than others.

It drives me a little crazy how childish TS4 teens act because again, I see them as being on the older side of teens. The massive leap from an 8 year old child to a 16 year teen can be jarring, especially for those who play legacies.

It would balance things out more if there was a stage in between child and these older teens.

• Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I don’t mind
    Would preteens be able to gain real skills, or is it just another useless life stage...? If they have real skills, I'm up for it.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    No
    Nope.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios