Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My first ever 'from the ground up' build on a lot - House over a pond in Moonwood Mill

JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
edited August 2022 in The Sims 4 Lots
It's on the gallery as 'Prowler's Patch Pond', with the tagging of #werewolves #starter #pond #country #noCC

y4SozTN.png

eeF4rI1.png

EQFjteP.png

j3MgtrE.png

Is that still a starter at $50,149 ?
I guess it's right on the upper limit.

I had fun making and testing it. Now I need to make a new household to move into it for my main save. I've been using it in a test save and having sims click on everything and try to break things. Had to reupload it a half dozen times as I found and fixed things. I hate when I grabs something off the gallery that looks amazing but has unusable furniture - so, yeah.

Examples of little tweaks I had to make:
I had grass under the mailbox - who knew that wouyld block the mailbox from being used.
I had a fishing spot on the end of the pier - which led to flying fish. So I hid a fishing thing in the water by the house instead.
I had one desk moved using the 'alt' key to be a tiny bit away from the window, and so for some reason the computer on it couldn't be used. So had to move that.
I had a bicycle on the walkway by the front door, which has steps after it - so you couldn't ride the bike. Had to move it elsewhere.
I had grass under the outside trash can, so sims couldn't take out the trash. Had to get rid of that.

- This is all kind of like the problems I often find in builds I grab. So I'm used to seeing these things and finding ways to fix them that, for me, don't break the attractiveness of the lot.

The upload is from an un-played state, with no preset lot traits. Because I'm always grabbing builds and finding dirty dishes that I need to have a sim go and throw away... ;)

Hope people like this one.
I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Very lovely family home! :) Very great exterior design, very nice weathered wall and roofing textures, and the pond with bridge is great! The interior furnishings and layout are lovely! Very nice warm brown colour. The patterned bedrooms curtains are pretty.
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    And...

I just had to re-upload it. Had to move the fishing sign just slightly, and discovered the copy I had uploaded was before I added the stereo.

Price jumped to $46,669.

Seems to be fully working though.

I moved my werewolf household into it. Two sisters - one a police detective and the other a high school student. I'll give them a cat, and maybe another family member, and put them on my 'played households' rotation.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Looks great! I love the warm wood and all those windows in back take full advantage of the pond. The headboard with leaf art is cute and creative.

I think "starter" means 20k or under, as in available to a sim who is just starting out fresh from CAS.

Your werewolves will be happy there I am sure :)

• JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    I think "starter" means 20k or under, as in available to a sim who is just starting out fresh from CAS.

Yeah that's right. That means I'll have to reupload at some point to remove the 'starter' hashtag... :open_mouth:

Oh, found a way to link to it here:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C7206A4415D211ED81F5CA595D73D3B5