Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want to complain about this tree

Seriously I just wanna complain about this ugly tree. Roaring Heights is so beautiful and then it's ruined by this ps2 era tree. Why does it look like that? At first I was like wow, my graphics are way worse than I thought but no..it's just this tree.
The left Roaring Heights & right is Lucky Palms
3CZj0vU.png
Another comparison, right being Starlight Shores
uvJ8ohN.png
I'm this close to learning how to work CAW just to replace every tree in that world. And what I don't understand is that this was so late in ts3s life span, they'd made so many palm trees that looked amazing! Am I overreacting or is this the worst tree in the sims series?
sims 2&3 my beloved♥

Comments

• MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 372 Member
    edited August 2022
    To play devil's tree's advocate, some species of palm trees do look like the one from roaring heights. Not nearly as low quality but similar.

sabal-palmetto.jpg
    91zv5GsruyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Post edited by MantleJackal on
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    That tree doesn't bother me but oh I hate that big massive oak tree that doesn't fade out. I don't know what ep or whatever it came with but that tree is the worst :s
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    To play devil's tree's advocate, some species of palm trees do look like the one from roaring heights. Not nearly as low quality but similar.

sabal-palmetto.jpg
    91zv5GsruyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I don't think I've seen those before but man why does it looked like EA ripped them straight from gta vice city
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    Unfortunately, EA isn’t quite alone in neglecting trees in their games. Still, they can’t have done worse than what Game Freak did just a few years ago…

Game: Pokemon Sword/Shield
    Console: Nintendo Switch
    Released: 2019
    76qdqq5f7c431.jpg?w=640&ssl=1

To make things even more egregious, here’s another image for comparison -

Game: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Console: Nintendo 64
    Released: 1998
    l9UwmP7.png?w=640&ssl=1

(Both images from Nintendo Soup)
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited August 2022
    TS3's banana trees are mutants😂😂😂
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 372 Member
    You would think a tree wouldn't be too difficult to model, especially since we're surrounded by them and have tons of references but apparently not.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    The style of tree is what makes it ugly, in my opinion. :grimace: Also, even if it was later in TS3's lifespan, you have to remember that a.) all things need to work with the base game engine, so they can't be very much higher in quality and b.) much of the development team was likely working on TS4 by then and had huge time constraints for their later TS3 work. Think about it, 2013 was a year before TS4 came out. How long do you think EA gave the art team to work on palm trees? :lol:

P.S. GTA Vice City looked way worse, come on. :lol:
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2022
    I think? it's because they just used the base game palm trees. Made in 2009 and you can tell :D I've had times where I've gone through and replaced all the palm trees with the Sunlit Tides ones as they're so much nicer
  • faceface Posts: 21 Member
    ...It looks like a pillar covered in vinyl wrap. :#
  • ley65ley65 Posts: 19 Member
    ugh, god i hate trees that don't fade out. sorry that's there lmao, i hope you can just cheat and delete it
  • IrateCorvidIrateCorvid Posts: 9 New Member
    It looks fine to me?