Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Orchard Island Update 9/17/2022 - Its finished, download it now, along with its saved game file!

Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
edited February 20 in Nominated Threads
Here's the reveal of my next world, Orchard Island. It uses all expansion packs, the tractor from Grandpas Grove and the Vegetable and Lemonade Stands ( those are the only premium content I used, the world overall should look okay without them, but will be missing those objects along with the lemon trees, orange trees, and egg plants ), plus some free store content. It is my first Island world since Kellog Island and I have improved a lot since than. Here are some old screenshots. If you scroll down a bit, there are some more up to date ones, along with the download links for the map and its saved game file

Notice the two waterfalls in the first screenshot. That's something I'm really proud of
screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
    edited September 2022
    Update 8/7/2022 and Update 8/25/2022

The first Beta for Orchard Island is over with. It is gone, and the second beta is here Remember that it uses content from all expansion packs. The world uses a ton of store content, but the only premium items it uses are, The Grandpa's Grove Tractor, and the Humble Harvest stands.

Now here is the list of free store content you will need

1. No Tricks, Just Treats,
    2. Earth Day
    3. Harvest Bounty
    4. The Sims Strike Back
    5. The Dawn Of Sims
    6. Happy Halloween : Gory Goodies
    7. Modern HDTV by Webbsta Industries
    8. Eye of the Boulder 10
    9. More Holiday Presents
    10. Happy Valentines Day 2014
    11. Happy Holiday Presents
    12. More Halloween Treats
    13. Gifts for the Holidays
    14. Explorer's Loot
    15. Halloween Treats

Update 8/25/2022

Here's the link for the second Beta, the first Beta is no longer available. This is much bigger than the last one, but that's because it includes the saved game file. Please make sure to move the saved game file to your saves folder and load it up and start playing with it, while you're playtesting the second beta
    ( No longer available, download the final version )

Update 9/17/2022

Here is the final version on the exchange
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9525178

Also here is it on media fire
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/2vad44rgo36nryt/Orchard_Island.zip/file

and here is the official saved game file
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/zm9bhftgg6mahed/Orchard_Island_Story.zip/file
    Post edited by Damienf519 on
    edited August 2022
    Bump baby! Check the above comment for the download link and the information you will need to get this thing running properly
    edited August 2022
    Update 8/8/2022

Normally I wouldn't come out with an update, this soon after releasing the first Beta, but something really important just came up. You see this house pictured below? That is The Suburban house, and there is an issue with it, if you are playing with the first Beta. ( Orchard Island Beta A )
    screenshot_original.jpg

The stairs don't work. At least not the first set of stairs. In order to fix this problem, just delete them and than press the undo button. That should work. See I had to place a small freeze in-between the first and second floor, otherwise the roof would come below the garage door, and thus the stairs are taller than normal and span two levels. The problem through should be fixed for anyone who is plays with a version of the map after Orchard Island Beta A. Unfortunately, that's the only version out at the moment, so until it comes time release Orchard Island Beta B, if you are playing with Orchard Island, just go to the Suburban House, delete the first flight of stairs and than hit the undo button. Once a future version of the map is released, this should no longer be relevant, but I thought I might as well warn everyone right now

Update 8/25/2022

As of today this is no longer an issue because it's the second beta now, and this problem seems to have been fixed
    Update 8/17/2022

New version and first saved game file coming on the 25th. Hopefully if nothing goes wrong the new beta for Orchard Island should be out on that day along with the first saved game file. I am so looking forward to you guys being able to meet my sims. In the meantime, please let me know if you find anything else wrong with the map
    edited September 2022
    Update 8/25/2022

The second Beta ( Orchard Island Beta B ) is here, along with the official saved game file. Same requirements as before

Here's all the free store content you will need

2. Earth Day
    3. Harvest Bounty
    4. The Sims Strike Back
    5. The Dawn Of Sims
    8. Eye of the Boulder 10
    9. More Holiday Presents
    14. Explorer's Loot
    15. Halloween Treats

Along with the premium content objects Grandpa's Grove Tractor and the Humble Harvest Stands

You can download it here. Its much bigger this time, only because it includes the official saved game file that includes 38 households.
    ( no longer available, scroll down and and download the final version )

Now here are some new, beautiful, up to date, screenshots
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

edited September 2022
    Update 9/1/2022

I need more play testers. There were ten total the last time, but this time, there are very few. So far only four people have downloaded the map, and would hope to at least get to a number high enough that I couldn't count it on a single hand. If you want to play the finished version of Orchard Island, please consider downloading the current beta and helping me find anything wrong with it. The more help I have the sooner this process will be completed, and the sooner I will be able to release the final version. Also if you do decide to help me play test the map, please play with the saved game file to make sure there's nothing important involving my sims that I missed.
    Update 9/8/2022

Final version of Orchard Island and it's corresponding saved game file should be here on Saturday the 17th assuming we find nothing wrong with it, that requires even more play testing to fix. In the meantime keep play testing and if there are any minor changes you would like me to make to improve the world, now is the time to let me know before September 17th.
    Update 9/17/2022

The final version is finally here. As a reminding here is a list of all of the free store objects I used

2. Earth Day
    3. Harvest Bounty
    4. The Sims Strike Back
    5. The Dawn Of Sims
    8. Eye of the Boulder 10
    9. More Holiday Presents
    14. Explorer's Loot
    15. Halloween Treats

Along with the premium content objects Grandpa's Grove Tractor and the Humble Harvest Stands

The world uses all expansion packs, but no stuff packs.

Here is the final version on the exchange
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9525178

Also here is it on media fire
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/2vad44rgo36nryt/Orchard_Island.zip/file

and here is the official saved game file
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/zm9bhftgg6mahed/Orchard_Island_Story.zip/file

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top