Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If people are going to harass me about being best friends then shouldn't we get more than one?

poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
edited August 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
This seems like an oversight. In my current gameplay, my married couple are high school sweethearts and best friends. My sim has made a lot of friends, mostly through her use of social bunny. So they will barge into her house uninvited and demand to be best friends. But she already has a best friend so the only option if I don't want to end that best friendship is to say "No way!" which then upsets the person who asked and tanks the relationship. Obviously I can build it back up but then they want to be best friends, starting the whole vicious cycle over again. Can we get some insight into the idea behind this? Cause they don't even need a high relationship threshold to request to be best friends meaning it happens way too often. I think this sim has had at least 10 different people ask to be her best friend, and she came out of CAS as a teen meaning I didn't play her in childhood.
Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    Yes! I thought I was the only one. My sims friends come up to her everywhere asking to be best friends. I think my adult female sim went through 3 best friends in one day, I cant say no. Lol
  • crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    What was really nice was when one of her romantic interests asked to be her boyfriend. I really appreciated that.
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Right after I posted my first post my sim got asked to be best friends by her father-in-law. Unfortunately she won't be repairing that relationship cause he died due to an accident after he went home.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Maxis needs to update the game so sims can have more then 1 best friend.
    Maxis needs to update the game so sims can have more then 1 best friend.

That would honestly make the most sense if they incorporate something like this. Either they need to ask at higher relationship threshold or the number needs to be upped.
    crebo19 wrote: »
    Yes! I thought I was the only one. My sims friends come up to her everywhere asking to be best friends. I think my adult female sim went through 3 best friends in one day, I cant say no. Lol

You're nicer than I am, I just tell them no. I already did it once and I felt bad making her and her then boyfriend not best friends. Don't want to break Jeb's heart again.

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Yes even before this pack I was thinking this why do we have stop being best friends with one sim to be best friend with the other also we should have a best friend forever and it should be up to the player whose a bff and not Sims.
    edited August 2022
    My sim's dead father-in-law just stormed into the house (if ghosts can even storm into anything) mid day and asked to be her best friend again.

And now Malcolm Landgraab has asked 3 times in one sim day. My sim is too loveable I guess?

And just to add even more craziness, Vladislaus Straud has decided to come and try to be best friends with my toddler cause he cuddled her a few times as a baby.
    Post edited by poisonedsodapop on
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    If you use MC Command Center, there's an option to have more than one best friend! :)
  • MeliathenaMeliathena Posts: 7 New Member
    I have the same problem. Even random people my Sims barely know try to become their best friends! It is creepy sometimes. Only people who are good friends with our Sims should be able to ask them to become their best friends!
    It's great to know that MC Command Center allows Sims to have more than one best friend, but I feel we shouldn't have to download a mod for something so basic and logical!

Also, I have noticed a similar problems with romantic interactions. Too many people want my sims to be their prom date or their boyfriends/girlfriends.

I don't know if it's only in my game, but even young adult asked my teens out.
    Yesterday, a teen boy was asked by the mother of his best friend to be her boyfriend! :#
    It was awkward.
    I made him reject her, then she got upset with the poor boy :'(
    I admit that if it had been another adult I would have made him accept just to see what would happen 🤣
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited August 2022
    Our nanny asked my sim to be best friends and they had only met once. Vlad asked my married sim out on a date. Just weird. Of course the upside is that the nanny is now coming over and cleaning and cooking for free. I hope he takes care of the kids too LOL.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,958 Member
    edited August 2022
    as loner the "only one best friend" logic makes sense for me it doesn't really make sense to have several for me because that feels tad too extroverted i aint got that much energy to share :lol:

i don't have hsy but if its as people say then they do have to tone down how often/easily sims get these ask to be bestie things

like you should at least be good friends with the sim first before they wanna be besties

and there should be neutral option that does not hurt relationship or make sims besties cause if bestie spot is taken it just is

okay maybe id be okay with 2 bestie spots cause true if your sim has love interest they become the bestie quite easily and you shouldnt have to choose between love and friends at least not every day and with every sim maybe just with jealous sims or something
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    My sim had a best friend, so at first when they asked I said no way. But that gave a negative tick. So for the heck of it I started saying yes to everyone and so far thats working. The sims are happy because I said yes and I got the notice that another sim wasn't best friend anymore but nothing negative happens. So I'll stick with saying yes to everyone.
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    I agree with this Why can they only have 1 best friend? it makes it seem the sims are super possessive over each other when fact is it doesn't matter how many best friends they have... the more the merrier, it's not a very positive way for them to act towards each other when they feel they should be the only best friend.