Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why not let us disable body hair

graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
edited July 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I've been waiting for this feature yes but first I didn't expect it to be autonomous and females have same body hair intensity as males..

I'm happy for people who wanted body hair on women but why should it be forced on every gameplay like I have to go each female sim and disable it from there..

I hope I won't be called bigot and anti feminist just for asking for simple thing to be more control over my gameplay..

The game auto generate women with thick body hair same as men..this isn't realistic and there should be option to disable it per gender not per sim..
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• SkipInklingSkipInkling Posts: 84 Member
    I thought that was supposed to be a thing we could do? Is it not? Because that would make me kind of unhappy if I couldn't control that.

So, we have to go in to each Sim to do this? That's going to take a while.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited July 2022
    You can enable or disable body hair growth for each sim. You can even chose for their legs hair to grow but not their chest hair.

However, there isn’t a general toggle.

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    As far as I know body hair growth is not enabled by default. Also there is a default option for no body hair in CAS. Hairy female sims won't run amok in our games.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2022
    I don't want it on my females either but since some people do I think the way they did it is most effective because I wouldn't want "all" boy sims to have body hair either. If they did it by gender then all the guys would be stuck with it when I may only want a few to have it. This way everyone can pick and choose.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited July 2022
    I am very annoyed I cannot get rid of body hair on my teenage girl Sim.
    I used the genetics option to make a daughter for my Sim parents on making a new family and she cannot wear any crop tops due to ugly body hair on her chest and waist.
    I do not want body hair unless I specifically work at getting it when making Sims. Even then I can do without it. She doesn't want to be a werewolf, just a musician.

Why couldn't it be let to the modders to make this sort of thing. It's too much hassle if you want to make a lot of them for a rotation gameplay.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I am very annoyed I cannot get rid of body hair on my teenage girl Sim.
    I used the genetics option to make a daughter for my Sim parents on making a new family and she cannot wear any crop tops due to ugly body hair on her chest and waist.
    I do not want body hair unless I specifically work at getting it when making Sims. Even then I can do without it. She doesn't want to be a werewolf, just a musician.

Why couldn't it be let to the modders to make this sort of thing. It's too much hassle if you want to make a lot of them for a rotation gameplay.

Did you try disabling body hair in CAS for the sim?
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    I don't want it on my females either but since some people do I think the way they did it is most effective because I wouldn't want "all" boy sims to have body hair either. If they did it by gender then all the guys would be stuck with it when I may only want a few to have it. This way everyone can pick and choose.

I meant disabling per gender which is faster, so if u want either of them to have bodyhair or neither you can enable/disable that

Now you need to go to every sim and disable body hair from there, also the legs are separate so if u don't want them you have to go into cas in every sim and disable it

This doesn't make sense, almost all females in in game and CAS generate body hair like sims 3 werewolves...this isn't funny
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    > @crocobaura said:
    > As far as I know body hair growth is not enabled by default. Also there is a default option for no body hair in CAS. Hairy female sims won't run amok in our games.

I thought it was enabled by default in CAS when I was looking at things that came with the EP, am I remembering wrong?
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited August 2022

Did you try disabling body hair in CAS for the sim?

I see an option to disable GROWTH, but not to disable it from being there at all.

Has anyone made a mod to turn this system off?
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    This must be strictly HSY, I never had this happen.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited August 2022
    I noticed that I had a new townie in household management who had body hair on her arms. I agree that we should have an option to turn it off for townies.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    And another finger curls on the monkey's paw...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    After I finally updating last Thursday, I moved my entire TS4 folder to my desktop prior to updating.

I let the game generate a new folder.

Created a new brand new game and entered CAS, started creating a female sim by randomizing her, and EVERY SINGLE FEMALE the game randomized had hideous body hair! Every one of them!

I haven't checked to see if rando females have it too cause I haven't actually had time to "play" and have only been in build mode for the last few days I've been into the game.

But, I'm afraid that they will have it and that will be yet again another thing I need to search for a mod to turn off. I don't want my females to have body hair, not even the leg hair because it's actually quite horrid and looks like it was drawn on with a sharpie by a 3-year old.
  • LisaG46LisaG46 Posts: 3 New Member
    I would be overjoyed if there were "Hair OFF/Hair ON" toggles, one that allowed you to turn off body hair for females, one for males. Super hairy males are one thing, but I do not want my game spawned females walking around all hairy too. Having hairy sims should be a players choice thing, not a random game spawning selection like the never ending clashing clothing items and excessive accessories. I shave in RL, I don't want to spend my game time having to deal with unwanted female hair too- that is so not what I call fun.
  • Ninj4breadManNinj4breadMan Posts: 2 New Member
    ...I see different body hair options in the CAS section that also houses tattoos. Or is there a particular expansion I'm not aware of that's implementing this? I only have about half of the expansions, but I do have options to add chest, arm, back, and leg hair in CAS. I assume there's some other add-on that's giving "growth" of hair otherwise...but are you not able to remove the hair entirely in CAS? All you have to do is click a mirror one time and change it.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member

I do agree, there's a time and place for hairy ladies, but I haven't encountered any in my game yet, except for the wolfish girls, which makes sense.
    I wouldn't mind an option to completely turn off "hair spawning" but when it's on I'd prefer the hairy curse to only affect some sims but not all. Keep it realistic in that regard, rather than have everybody suffer from spider leg syndrome.

I'm actually a little disappointed that there's no hairy armpit category in the bodyhair menu. My vanilla simself isn't complete without it.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited August 2022
    I don't see any misplaced hair on my sims so either its HSY issue to do with enable hair growth (default should be off)

or then the problem is actually just that they added it to randomizer

meaning randomized townies can have it

(more likely will because theres more hairy options than non hairy options in those categories to randomize from)

newly created sims may have it
    (as its randomized when you hit randomize button and you always start with random sim as well)

and your kiddos aging up to teen may reach for it (because their cas thingies are randomized too when they turn teen from child as child assets do not exist for teens for obvious reasons)

therefore real problem being : body hair is included in randomizer when it probably should not be or there should be toggle to disable it from randomizers

sure I think they meant it to be realistic with how people have random amounts of body hair regardless of genders and whatnot but also since there is like 2 hairy options to one hairless there will be more hairy sims than non hairy sims created because 2/3 chance

as for myself well i find that since i don't include randomized townies in my game i am spared most of fur problems to correct and as my sims age up i can simply remove body hair from them in cas if it bothers me just like every other disaster placed on them upon age up

I do wish we had some control over randomizers in the game though

(even better i still wish i could toggle off those randomized townies all together)
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    as a player i am clearly not happy with that feature but thats me as a player but i think a toggle should be added to turn off the feature completly for players that do not went to use the feature
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited August 2022
    Simmingal wrote: »

therefore real problem being : body hair is included in randomizer when it probably should not be or there should be toggle to disable it from randomizers

That's my biggest issue! I created a new randomized female sim in CAS after I updated (No mods, No CC, no Saves, no Tray File .... brand new TS4 game generated folder) and EVERY single female I randomized had loads of body hair!
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2022
    But, I'm afraid that they will have it and that will be yet again another thing I need to search for a mod to turn off. I don't want my females to have body hair, not even the leg hair because it's actually quite horrid and looks like it was drawn on with a sharpie by a 3-year old.

I just don't get it, either. When so many people kept asking for body hair, I couldn't help but think: "Be careful what you ask for." The body hair in TS3 was pretty bad. I suspected that TS4's quality would be more of the same. Unfortunately, my suspicions were correct.

Luumia has brilliant body hairs which have been in use for nearly the entire life of TS3 and TS4. I should think that the paid artists would want to match, if not improve, on that quality. From what I can tell, they also didn't take into account that different genders, as well as ethnicities, have different types of hair. :(
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

I just don't get it, either. When so many people kept asking for body hair, I couldn't help but think: "Be careful what you ask for."

Exactly, the way it's implemented is just yet another potential eyeball ring disaster.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The body hair really is annoying they force it on every single Sim all the randomly created female Sims have back and chest hair and the reality is that back and chest hair is just ugly it looks like a 2-year-old scribbled all over them not that I want female Sims to have back or chest hair in the first place.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    The body hair really is annoying they force it on every single Sim all the randomly created female Sims have back and chest hair and the reality is that back and chest hair is just ugly it looks like a 2-year-old scribbled all over them not that I want female Sims to have back or chest hair in the first place.

I was afraid of this. I have not started my game since before this patch; is there any mods to disable it yet?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member

I was afraid of this. I have not started my game since before this patch; is there any mods to disable it yet?

So far no mod to disable this, you have to check every single sim and disable it from CAS, that's the only way 😐

I knew this would happen when alot of people asked for body hair for females, it has to be forced on all players or else how few ppl can be happy if others gameplay aren't identical to theirs..
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    graventhe wrote: »

So far no mod to disable this, you have to check every single sim and disable it from CAS, that's the only way 😐

I knew this would happen when alot of people asked for body hair for females, it has to be forced on all players or else how few ppl can be happy if others gameplay aren't identical to theirs..

sorry but i tend to disagree with your post each players plays diffrently so it do not mean that all player game play has to be identical as a player i sure am not happy with that feature
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(