Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wyrd Tales (updated Apr 24, '24)

Comments

• Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,640 Member
    @DaniRose2143, first let me say again that your latest update for Schemes and Dreams was fantastic! Seriously, in the unlikely event there is someone reading my story who hasn't already checked out DaniRose's stories... go, read them (after you read mine of course :) ).

Second, thank you... both for your feedback and taking the time to jump in. I really didn't want you to miss this one with Londyn and Danielle having a prominent part in Glimmerbrook Yule.
    Your take on Mariah's feeling and relationships are spot on what I was going for. So, yay! Under her armor is a frightened and wounded young woman. No matter what she says, deep down she still questions whether she really deserves to love and she expects she could lose it at any moment.

Londyn and Danielle have been, and continue to be, great parents for her. For some reason, I imagine that in Mariah's head Londyn is the "tough one" and Danielle is the "gentle one" ... Not that they didn't each fill both roles, but I think this is how Mariah sees them. Londyn would ground her for wrapped the headmistresses desk in bacon. Danielle would be the shoulder to cry on while eating the Ice Cream of Grief after breaking up with her latest girlfriend. They've helped her rebuild from the hurts she took and they continue to support her. Thanks for letting me use them.

Somewhere along the line, College Years has started to become Mariah's story... and there's more to come.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,845 Member
    @luciusstorm Thank you again. That was a labor of love. I wouldn't normally miss a chapter of Wyrd Girls when it comes out but this week was unique. You have done an absolutely wonderful job of staying true to the original Londyn and Danielle but still making them your own.❤️
    I know what you mean about Mariah becoming the story. Schemes was supposed to focus on Rayvn and Judith, but Mimi has stolen the show. Rayvn was first up in the Prologue/Intro chapter for a reason. There's still plenty of storytelling left to get her involved. I have the ending of Season One (Part One if you like that title better) already in mind and Rayvn is a central figure in it. So I have to get her involved in the story.
  • Options
    Chapter 15 - What A Day to Be Alive

Author's note: This chapter contains some mature and sensitive themes that may be disturbing to some readers. It is never my intention to trivialize or sensationalize these topics. Reader discretion is advised.

Ubfrcln.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,566 Member
    Chapter 15 I loved it. I'm wondering just when Mariah will be willing to go into the Magic Realm. Intriguing.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @GalacticGal, thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Also, that's a question I was hoping readers would be asking themselves. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    @luciusstorm Another great chapter
    That was a big secret that Miranda had been keeping from Mariah. Miranda sharing that particular secret is significant. You’re not going to risk sharing something so…fantastical, so seemingly outlandish with someone who doesn’t know those things exist unless you’re truly in love and ready to commit. Something like that could easily be a deal breaker for the wrong person. I’ve been wondering for sometime just when Mariah was going to be introduced to the magical side of Miranda’s life. The revelation about Vlad was the test. Mariah didn’t run away so now it’s time to show her the rest.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143, thank you
    You're right, Mariah didn't run... but she also didn't cross through the Gateway. There are limits on how far she is willing to go. At the same time, Miranda respects Mariah's boundaries. They've both taken huge steps in trust and their connection grows stronger for it. Still, the path is long and as the bard says the course of true love never did run smooth.

I tried to pack a lot into this chapter. I'm pleased to hear that it's working.
  • Options
    Chapter 16 - New Years Eve

S1upyOH.png
    This concludes the Winter Holidays chapters.

I've been doing a lot of redecorating lots and adjusting households while I try to untangle a couple of points in the coming plot lines. I still have one tangle that's vexing me, so I don't expect to have anything to post next week but we'll see. Never know when inspiration will strike to help me sort it out.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and support. It means a lot to me.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    @luciusstorm Sometimes that little niggling in the back of your head, will get you started with something as simple as a bit of dialogue. Liked you interlude. And I look forward as to where you will take us next.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    @GalacticGal, thanks.

I've got an idea of where I'm going and I think (I hope) it will be interesting. As always I just need to figure out how to get there. The "incitement to action" has been eluding me. I had an idea earlier today... typical really... I was doing something else entirely and suddenly an idea popped into my head. I need to start writing and see how it hangs together... and how many pictures I need to get.
  • Options
    @luciusstorm I can only think of one word to describe that interlude, no two words…Wonderful and beautiful.❤️
    Knowing the struggles Louis Armstrong and so many African Americans and other POC before and after him faced, to still have it in his heart to see the world in such a positive light and write such a beautiful song is a testament to the power of love over hate.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143, thanks.

I always hear that song on New Years Eve and it seemed like a great way to wrap this mini-arc up with hope.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    @luciusstorm Wyrd Girls is fun. I've read the first 10 chapters (so I have very far to go), but I enjoy it and I thought I'd share some thoughts.
    Prologue. Poor Cassie. Waiting until the wedding to break up is atrocious. It's arguably better than waiting until even later, but I think it's still so scummy that it's already crossed all lines. I rate turning Don into a pumpkin (except for when he's being a decent father to Miranda). I'm glad Cassie has Gwen.

Chapter 3 (The Talk). Love the foreshadowing at the end of this chapter. I think it may be Vlad? or at least some sort of vampire or other ominous character.

Chapter 4 (Perfect Day). I like this chapter. It's a sweet break from the norm. It looks like everyone actually had a great day as well.

Chapter 5-6 (Something Wicked…) Oh wow. This is worse than I expected, but it’s a nice contrast to the last chapter. I can feel the happiness established there shattering and it might be quite a while before it’s recovered. :( It's interesting that Vlad seems to have Cassie's father in his circle of positive acquaintances.

Chapter 8 (A Secret). If I were Cassie, I would be extremely annoyed with Gwen. People Cassie trusts seem to tell her important things at the last moment. First, Don and now Gwen is withholding information. Could she not have told Cassie that a vampire attack was expected? And if not, why don't they have that sort of basic trust in their relationship—is Cassie someone fragile who can’t handle information? :( Makes me a bit sad for Cassie.

Chapter 9-10. Miranda seems to be adjusting to life in Moonwood Mills quite well.
  • Options
    @haneul, thank you. I'm glad you're enjoying it.
    Don... yeah, Don is a rotten person. He knows he's a rotten person and occasionally tries not to be, but... well, you'll see. :)

Yes, Cassie was very annoyed with Gwen. Cassie is frequently annoyed, exasperated, confused and frustrated with Gwen. It is the price of being in a relationship with a fae clairvoyant. I actually have a whole set of rules for Gwen's Foresight, under which her actions make a kind of sense... but since part of those rules are that she is incapable of explaining them, the characters around her (and, I'm sure, my readers) remain annoyed, exasperated, confused and frustrated with her.
  • Options
    Argh! I dreamed an entire chapter this morning and now I'm struggling to remember what happened so I can write it down. I hate it when that happens.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Argh! I dreamed an entire chapter this morning and now I'm struggling to remember what happened so I can write it down. I hate it when that happens.

Even if you can just get bits and pieces to help you put it together. Or, just relax and let your muse forge ahead. Look at it this way, at least now you know your subconscious mind is working on it. It will surface when it's properly baked. :) Take heart. I suspect you're closer than you think.
  • Options
    Much closer than I thought, as it happens... I got three chapters done yesterday, which I will post today, tomorrow and Friday. Starting with...

Chapter 17 - Pictures from the Past
    JcAm4JC.png
  • Options
    @luciusstorm What a sweet start. That is absolutely a Danielle thing to do for Mariah.❤️ And mystery to wrap it up and that is a very Wyrd Girls thing to do.🧐
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143, I'm very glad you enjoyed it and I hope you like the next chapters as well.

Mild spoiler-y teaser...
    (special guest star - Danielle)

I feel like I'm 17 chapters in, new characters and relationships established, foundations laid... it's time to get this party started, Wyrd Girls style! (No, no one dies... except Mariah's dad and he's already dead.)
  • Options
    @luciusstorm Good chapter. Sure didn't see that twist coming at the end. Nice job.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Great backstory chapter :)
  • Options
    @GalacticGal, thank you. I'm pleased that the twist worked for you

@mightysprite, thank you, I've really enjoyed working on this.
  • Options
    @luciusstorm I won't like the next chapters...I'm going to love them I'm sure.❤️
  • Options
    Chapter 18 - What Happened
    wQ1gh9i.png
  • Options
    So, I'm guessing posting updates early in the morning isn't a great idea. If you missed yesterday's chapter, I encourage you to read that first but here's today's.

Chapter 19 - Cercare le Verite
    gafH9v3.png