Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TSIAL´s Build Newcrest Leagacy Challenge

I have just had a go at simplyvanillasims Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge, combining it with Queenarellas 2.0 update as well as my own little tweaks to fit the generations to my taste and packs. This is the first time I ever completed a legacy (I’m really bad at sticking to one game for too long, lol), so I am kind of proud of myself!

In this thread I will post the story of how my challenge progressed over the generations. Looking back I realized I have not been that good at taking pictures and documenting my journey, but I hope it will be a fun read anyways! I'll try to post updates somewhat regularly, and I'll update this post with an index so it's easy to jump to the most recent post. As I don't have much documentation it will probably be about one post per generation, condensed and story-fied to my (and hopefully your) liking.

Index
Prelude - Meet the Founder
Generation 1
Generation 2
Generation 3
Generation 4
Generation 5
Generation 6
Generation 7
Generation 8
Generation 9
Generation 10

A side-note to the challenge: I like playing very story-driven, so even though I did my best to follow the rules (such as randomizing traits and not changing aspirations), I also did use some mods that could be considered rule-breaking. Mainly two mods: Turbodriver’s Unlimited Jobs mod that allow multiple jobs, and LittleMsSam’s Social Activities mod that gives you handy rabbit holes where you can send sims that make the house too crowded (I am a control freak, so this really helped). I also occasionally traveled outside of Newcrest to attend the Starlight Accolades and go on vacations. If you think this is considered cheating, maybe you are correct. However, I mainly played this for my own entertainment, so I simply did what worked best for me. I also stepped up on difficulty as I sometimes combined the original generations with the 2.0 generations, and at least for me it felt balanced enough!
/ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\ ノ
Post edited by ThisSentenceIsALie on

Comments

• ThisSentenceIsALieThisSentenceIsALie Posts: 78 Member
    edited July 2022
    Meet the Founder

Meet Gracie Gardner!

nCXqCUp.png

Wardrobe:
    xklAJ20.png
    Vl6a4f1.png
    8Gdx74b.png
    f52iFEt.png
    3RtJWlJ.png
    ptlNdlQ.png
    97tcyNt.png
    WilScth.png
    fDg6pSm.png
    FCNv9d0.png
    vK9Wvk2.png
    QHJag6W.png

Gracie is a cheerful genius who loves the outdoors. Her favourite activity is gardening, but she also likes everything that has to do with outdoor living.

She has been chosen to be the founder of the legacy family that will build up the city of Newcrest. Over the course of 10 generations, her family will populate and leave behind community lots in Newcrest, creating the foundation for a living town. Each generation has a certain lot assigned to them - and certain goals to complete.

Gracies task will be to create a beautiful garden, as well as completing the Freelance Botanist aspiration. She will leave behind a Park for future generations.

Will she be able to complete her tasks? Or will the road ahead be too much for her?
    Gracie is looking forward to finding out!

Here she is on her way into her tiny starter home - ready to take on the world and the tasks ahead!

wKgpdKY.png
    Post edited by ThisSentenceIsALie on
    /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\ ノ
  • ThisSentenceIsALieThisSentenceIsALie Posts: 78 Member
    Generation 1 - The green Gardner

Aspiration: Freelance Botanist
    Build: Park

Name: Gracie Gardner | Cheerful, Genius, Loves Outdoors
    Spouse: Salim Benali
    Children: Sofie Gardner

This story begins with Gracie Gardner.
    zN5MaR8.png
    Gallery link to Gracie.

Gracie had a rough childhood with a family that abandoned her and no one to look up to. Despite this, she always kept a strong, happy appearance, and she knew things would get better eventually. She lived off the streets, scraping with what little she had, until an opportunity occured: the government offered a lot and housing to a sim that was willing to move to the new city of Newcrest and build it from the ground! Gracie did not hesitate to say yes, and after the paperwork was done she took whatever belongings she had and moved to build up Newcrest.

Unfortunately I did not save the original home, so I made a recreation of it.
    Gracie enters her new home (a recreation).
    wKgpdKY.png

Below are some more images of the recreated home.

Outside
    h2Q7Jqk.png
    8iTgq25.png

Inside
    PZRzAjZ.png
    3EJArxZ.png

Floorplan
    Tux1Ctr.png

Find it on the gallery by searching for "Gracies Home (redone)", make sure to include cc as I used custom images for the gallery.

Initially it was very tough. She still had no money and had to live off the ground. However, the surrounding area was full of flowers, berries, frogs and fish. She was also able to get tax cuts by living off the grid for a while, as well as living in a tiny home until her family grew too large. This allowed her to really work on her skills, mainly gardening, and she soon had quite an extensive garden.

Gracie met her husband, Salim Benali, while strolling around in the nearby areas. It didn’t take long for her to fall for him, and they soon married. He was an aspiring writer who helped with the household funds by selling his books. Together they built up their garden and home. As their life expanded, so did their house and garden.

Gracies wedding with Salim:
    9FqkX6T.png

Eventually they had a daughter, Sofie, who they both adored. Despite the still very tight household-funds they tried to give Sofie everything that she needed. After all, she was going to keep the legacy going as she grew up. With the help of Salim, Gracie managed to both raise their daughter and finish the goal for her generation - to grow 8 perfect plants and finish the Hungry Herbalist aspiration. As the last plant evolved into perfection, it was time to move on, and Gracies work was done. The park was built, and Gracie moved with her daughter to begin generation 2.

This is the last picture of Gracie as her generation was complete:
    WQCes39.png

Here are some pictures of the finished park:

Different areas and scenery:
    The Quiet Garden, with Gracie and her husband's graves.
    gYAKh9J.png
    j0jT4H4.png

The creative corner.
    xxTP3L6.png

The Fountain.
    K8BeQ3p.png

The wedding area.
    RrblSyC.png

The greenhouse.
    Y47GNJ3.png

The cabin.
    sKy4ACq.png

Inside the cabin, with a painting of Gracie.
    k0mOuDb.png?1

Areal views.
    uxhYfwE.png
    MJfc4Ad.png

Floorplan.
    gzOyj1M.png

Throughout the years the park has been through some renevations. Here are some pictures of how the park looked at the end of generation 10.

Areal view.
    duQDb1Q.png

The Quiet Garden, now with the graves of all generations 1-9.
    QXjbai7.png

A new dining area with a roof.
    LYOaSy3.png

The wedding area with lights.
    5tSFAbu.png

Find the park (both after gen 1 and gen 10) in the gallery by searching "Gardner Park". Make sure to include cc as I used custom images for the gallery, and I also think the painting and the graves might count as cc, but the park is functional without it.
    /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\ ノ