Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 High School Year's Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited August 2022
    Young adults and adults are also getting notifications about Social Bunny.

I moved Malcolm Landgraab into the Goths as Cassandra has got expelled from High School 😱.
    Both Geoffrey and Nancy were getting notices about posts on Social Bunny. Is that a glitch?

I’m going to try an adults only house to see if the notices happen there.

I’ve had to disable Social Bunny on both phones to stop the notices.

I’m also having to repair my game almost daily since HSY as well. πŸ™„πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! πŸ˜Šβ˜•οΈπŸŒž
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited August 2022
    Both Geoffrey and Nancy were getting notices about posts on Social Bunny. Is that a glitch?

Are you sure ?
    Generally it's people from the household asking to be added to the friend list.

Social Bunny isn't exclusive to teen. It's a service which build the relationships when you're too lazy to do it by yourself.

• Options
    edited August 2022

Are you sure ?
    Generally it's people from the household asking to be added to the friend list.

Social Bunny isn't exclusive to teen. It's a service which build the relationships when you're too lazy to do it by yourself.

I thought Social Bunny was exclusive to High School teens, a way of connecting with other teens. I don’t like the idea of everyone being able to log in. Where’s the exclusivity? πŸ€”πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ. It’s also very spammy.

Both Geoffrey and Nancy were getting notices they were missing activity on Social Bunny. I haven’t looked at what the activity was as I didn’t want them included.
    The notices only stopped once I turned off notifications and deactivated Social Bunny.

I’m now turning off Social Bunny for all Sims. πŸ™„
    I’ll do this as I rotate round the households.

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I thought Social Bunny was exclusive to High School teens, a way of connecting with other teens. I don’t like the idea of everyone being able to log in. Where’s the exclusivity? πŸ€”πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ. It’s also very spammy.

Both Geoffrey and Nancy were getting notices they were missing activity on Social Bunny. I haven’t looked at what the activity was as I didn’t want them included.
    The notices only stopped once I turned off notifications and deactivated Social Bunny.

In The Sims 4 High School Years, teens and older Sims can now create and manage their own social media account that’s actually interactive for the player.

https://simscommunity.info/2022/08/13/all-about-social-bunny-in-the-sims-4-high-school-years/
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @ncisGibbs02

But I can't imagine adults writing these posts. Maybe university students could do it.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    After playing the pack since the date it came out, I must say the most disappointing thing is what I was most excited for, and that is the pier. It’s such a missed opportunity. And I’m not talking about rabbit holes. I knew since live stream it wasn’t active.

First: it’s buggy. To the point my sims can’t take photo together in photo booth. They can woohoo in there so I guess that’s something. Only two sims that are in one household can use pier’s photo booth. I’m not going to move in my sim’s bf just to take a pic. Rides are mixed bag. Sometimes they work for couples and sometimes action is canceled for whatever reason. Frustrating. Ferris wheel is the only one that works quite well.

Second: Mostly no moodlets after rides. In game that is running on sims emotions, it makes me scratch my head. Sure, when couple goes together they may have a pop up (I got it 4 times for two different couples, the same for love tunnel and Ferris wheel but maybe I was just out of luck, I hope there is more), and after pop up they will have a moodlet but 90% of time no moodlets. My sim goes alone on Ferris wheel and it’s like she could as well stay at home. Nothing about excitement, fear of heights or view form the top. I literally checked it few times becasue I could not believe it. Once my sim got scared moodlet from haunted house, but it was in different save and never repeated itself. And if I send two sims, moodlets are not guaranteed as well. Why even go if sims don’t recognize they were there?

It could be such a great place to have fun, especially because prom after party happens there. Instead it’s a dead place with broken rides and unusable photo booth. My sim and her bf ended up in the nearby park, because I put more things to do there for them.

Before the pack came out I was planning vacations there for my other sims. But it’s complete waste of sim’s time. Especially that since phone idle animation update, they stopped running and only walk, slowly looking at their phones… all the way up to the pier. πŸ˜‘ 😩

Moodlets from the ride should happen a happy one, an excited one, sad, a mad one and a scared one. They want this game to be about emotions and yet still no emotions lol.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    @ncisGibbs02

But I can't imagine adults writing these posts. Maybe university students could do it.

Adults be on social media all the time so adult can post about a book, movie, outfit, send thirst posts lol.
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I like the clothes and the families are nice.

I wish the lighting wasn’t so harsh, I wish teens had their own height (this would seem like the pack to do it in I would wait, I’d also wait longer if the game came out like it was supposed to, I’d wait an entire year if I had to.

I wish we could get the game trailer high school, I wish core classes were rabbit holes and that we could play clubs and I wish there were more clubs.

How can I make believe my sims are at a Hollywood Arts High School (The school from Victorious) if there are no classes or clubs for the arts. Why don’t we have interactive elective classes. Why can’t their be high school jobs for adults who want to work at the school. (I want to play the non-binary sim and their family, while their mother works at the school and is recognized as having a job)

Why do we have so many great CAS objects but little to no jewelry, or shoes (like in high school I was very experimental with my jewelry) and I’d buy shoes just to match them with my clothes, I also had to have the latest everything (It’s been awhile since I was in school but some trends among teens don’t change).

Also why can’t we buy the clothes locked in CAS at the thrift store or buy pieces that look older that the teen upcycle and make a beautiful. Also why so so many clothes have only one swatch? Also why does it seem we are missing furniture pieces.

We don’t need an active elementary school but I wish our child sims attended Copperdale Elementary.

I also wished we got all of the sims in the preview.

That said I love this pack despite the flaws, but wish it came out later and with more stuff to do!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am so very happy that Social Bunny is in the pack and not in a patch. Don’t think it will suit me at all so this way I can avoid it.
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    I am so very happy that Social Bunny is in the pack and not in a patch. Don’t think it will suit me at all so this way I can avoid it.

Social Bunny is fun at first for about few sims days and then it’s just boring. They are spamming the same messages (you should pick up the guitar, you would smash it - is the main culprit for me).

I didn’t experienced love relationships being built unless I make my sim sent flirty texts to someone, but they do become fast friends via this thing. Sending mean messages is thankfully an option as well. But it does the job if I want to keep a certain sim close, but not exactly spent time with them (sages for my wizard). So I can’t say it’s completely useless, but I wish it had an upgrade along the way, make it harder to built relationships, more randomized text options etc. I don’t believe we will see any changes, because I see what happened to life styles. Spoiler: nothing. 😐
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member

Social Bunny is fun at first for about few sims days and then it’s just boring. They are spamming the same messages (you should pick up the guitar, you would smash it - is the main culprit for me).

I didn’t experienced love relationships being built unless I make my sim sent flirty texts to someone, but they do become fast friends via this thing. Sending mean messages is thankfully an option as well. But it does the job if I want to keep a certain sim close, but not exactly spent time with them (sages for my wizard). So I can’t say it’s completely useless, but I wish it had an upgrade along the way, make it harder to built relationships, more randomized text options etc. I don’t believe we will see any changes, because I see what happened to life styles. Spoiler: nothing. 😐
    I have also mixed feelings of this whole feature, but indeed to that purpose it is sort of handy, also my mean sim keeps sending those mean messages to pretty much everyone :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I couldn't figure out how to send and receive messages so I shut all social bunnies down. I wished I could get rid of those stupid notifications...A lot has happened to x today...gah!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options

In The Sims 4 High School Years, teens and older Sims can now create and manage their own social media account that’s actually interactive for the player.

https://simscommunity.info/2022/08/13/all-about-social-bunny-in-the-sims-4-high-school-years/

Thanks for the info. 😊

Social Bunny is not how I thought it was. I imagined a sort of exclusive high school student message service whilst at high school. Once your Sim aged up Social Bunny was unavailable.

I’ll check options to see if there’s a master switch to turn it off, otherwise there’s a lot if phones for me to sort out. πŸ˜‚

It’s a shame there’s no age filter. It’s odd to read adults posting teen stuff. πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ

• Options
    007Ecko007Ecko Posts: 22 Member
    edited August 2022
    For Drama Llama and Admired Icon Aspiration, I cannot complete the final task to get the reward trait. For Drama Llama I have declared an enemy on a teammate and for Admired Icon I have over 4,000 social bunny followers. Any advice? Anyone else able to complete the new teen aspirations?
    Post edited by 007Ecko on
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    edited August 2022
    Is it me only or teen going to active school = no school projects not only for this teen but also for kids going to rabbit hole school? 'Cause I'm testing things with "Aliens stole my parents" scenario and while my teen was going to school actively neither him nor his little sister were receiving school projects. As soon as I've send them both to rabbit holes they both received them.

Also did anyone solved the mystery of whatever was done to the sink routing? Their washing hands behaviour is not even funny anymore.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @Harukotyan

No cross pack compatibility between GP05 Parenthood and EP12 High School Years, Maxis totally ignored this game pack.
  • Options
    edited August 2022

That's why the sims don't speak English in the first place.

It would be less a problem if Maxis planned to update the text regularly but it's not the case, this feature is frozen forever.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Hoping they fix things soon. I keep thinking about my games and miss playing Sims 4, but am too concerned that playing right now will negatively impact the saves I have. Hoping the bugs get fixed and the phone addiction as well. I am very worried that if I play and my sims constantly are on their phones, I will get discouraged and end up not wanting to play. I don't want to send my archeologist to explore and find her walking through the jungle with a phone in her hand. It seems when new features are added to the game, such as likes/dislikes, wants and fears, and this phone obsession, it always starts out over the top. At least I can choose to not use them. I know I won't use social bunny, although at first I was excited about it for my teens. Just not happy about the implementation of it, with no real control over the texting sent/received. I was also looking forward to using the new sexual preferences as I want different types of families in my games and want them to be true to who they are and not autonomously flirting with everyone! I like most of my couples to be committed to each other no matter their sexual orientation, and like the idea they will be attracted to others that fit their preferences. That also doesn't seem to be working well. I like challenges, and unexpected behaviors in my sims. Started playing my Sims 2 again as not playing 4, and am really enjoying it with the sims having actual personalities! Made Don Lothario clean up a mess as he needs skill for work, and his reaction was so funny and entertaining! I find it difficult to play and enjoy a game when I have to spend more time cancelling an action (usually because of being drawn to an object) and re-directing my sim to do the action they were directed to do. Now I feel will be worse with the phones. I am not giving up on 4 yet, still hoping the current issues will be improved. I really want to get back to the games I was working on in Sims 4. I have 3 separate new games I was setting up and almost ready to start playing. I miss it! Please fix these bugs soon! In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy my Sims 2 and Skyrim.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    When it comes down to the weekly Prom, I have decided in my Head Canon, that the first one is Homecoming, the next one is a Sock Hop, and the last one is Senior Prom. as for the rest, I was sorry to realize we can't actually have our Sims do things while in class. I would have my Sim take notes, for instance. Right now he either does or he doesn't. (I guess it depends on his mood?) It would be risky to pass that note, but that would add a bit of intrigue. Will the students get caught? Dare they? I've already had both of my Teen Sims (same household) serve detention. The first one was my Global Superstar who was all of two minutes late to his first class. He was actually standing inside the classroom door when the Principal stormed in and read him the Riot Act. Yet, his younger brother pranked a toilet in the Girl's Bathroom, was caught by the very same principal and not even given detention. Face/palm. Now, I ask you which is the worst of these two 'crimes' ?

This is an EP. I have seen GPs in this gam with far more depth to it than this EP. I'm so sorry to have to say. They basically botched this. Why the rush job? Are there time-constraints we don't know about? Financial problems behind the scenes? Yikes. EA, if you keep this up you will fold like a house of cards.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    @GalacticGal Oh I am sorry that this EP is giving you such a hard time. I seem to remember you being really excited when it was first announced. You even made a flash save with Erik and his family in order to experience it.

Hope the biggest bugs will get squished. Depth might be difficult to add after the pack shipped but it seems to be a contender for a refresh.
  • Options
    Ystudios1Ystudios1 Posts: 2 New Member
    Since the patch or update other sims keep asking to marry and it is really annoying as its almost non stop is anyone else having this problem
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    My teen was sick so had taken a sick day way before 8 am it still wanted her to go.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member

Okay thi
    When it comes down to the weekly Prom, I have decided in my Head Canon, that the first one is Homecoming, the next one is a Sock Hop, and the last one is Senior Prom. as for the rest, I was sorry to realize we can't actually have our Sims do things while in class. I would have my Sim take notes, for instance. Right now he either does or he doesn't. (I guess it depends on his mood?) It would be risky to pass that note, but that would add a bit of intrigue. Will the students get caught? Dare they? I've already had both of my Teen Sims (same household) serve detention. The first one was my Global Superstar who was all of two minutes late to his first class. He was actually standing inside the classroom door when the Principal stormed in and read him the Riot Act. Yet, his younger brother pranked a toilet in the Girl's Bathroom, was caught by the very same principal and not even given detention. Face/palm. Now, I ask you which is the worst of these two 'crimes' ?

This is an EP. I have seen GPs in this gam with far more depth to it than this EP. I'm so sorry to have to say. They basically botched this. Why the rush job? Are there time-constraints we don't know about? Financial problems behind the scenes? Yikes. EA, if you keep this up you will fold like a house of cards.

It seems like if it wasn't for the world.This would be a game pack.
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited August 2022
    Is anyone else
    Just had a random teen come and ask my adult married female sim to prom...like πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”? Why isn't this teen exclusive? He now has a hurt sentiment about being rejected for prom. Like Bro, you asked your childhood friend's married mother to prom...Who are the QA testers? Why wasn't this fixed? Holy mother of plumbob... >.<

Okay I thought it was just me. Like a mod issue or something. Every time one of my sim's friends from school comes over, they immediately ask her dad out to prom and get bummed when he says no. Every. Single. Time. At one point even her boyfriend asked her dad out!

The more I read this thread, the more I'm happy I'm not the only one having some of these issues. Like all of my sims' classmates coming to school wearing the same outfit. Or the sneak out action just...straight up not working.

Also, has anyone else had an issue with teens just letting themselves into your sims' houses and spamming them and their families with prom invites and best friend offers?
    Post edited by Aquarius94 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top