Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you could see only one remastered

Which would you choose?

If this were possible along with new dlc, what would you want to see?
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

If you could see only one remastered 203 votes

Sims 1 remastered with new dlc
10%
Frn0731pisceschick75Rflong7musiclover13191SimsILikeSimsmcruddDTM_DerrickMariefoxprice83SavorySageDarkLady2788FroilEA_MariLady_BalloraWildIrishBansheehaisinuserafwPhobostimeLulu29patrickcreatesthenugking 21 votes
Sims 2 remastered with new dlc
44%
EvvieSimmericmnfrshSara1010PErja888OolonglongCamkatMsMayblaq797leigheIsb917SusanaLeoteelanorbretonPeachesnDucksDijktafoneSnuffyBucketheiblumeAnmirlakerryemmiebethsimgirl1010Pary 91 votes
Sims 3 remastered with new dlc
29%
catmom1987GalacticGalalexspoom13rudolphaAyradyssPlayerSinger2010Lesejbyesme88MagdaleenafriendlysimmersMoon_Willowg01denswanbluzkat65Archivistalanmichael1goodcakebaker62airotciv54MikezumiTorieMilutinMujovic 60 votes
A sims spin off remastered (medieval, urbz, my sims, etc)
15%
elemmeleSeera1024mueller_liteDinkus83rjssimEnkiSchmidtcalipossmikaBoondoggleCattyBetsyBehappy1stSimDestroyerSERVERFRASeashoreLiviaBecka28bella_gothZazzyKittynCelticlassIsharellBettyNewbie1 31 votes

Comments

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    This is really hard, as both Sims 2 and Sims 3 are great Sims games in their own ways. It would depend on how much changes can be made with a remastering, as both games could use a bit of a refresh.

In the past, I would have said Sims 2, but Sims 3 has grown on me, so now I say Sims 3, with some better Sims graphics, better performance optimization, and some more DLC.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • duriankindduriankind Posts: 62 Member
    I've played every installment in the franchise and to this day I still think I have the most nostalgia/had the most fun with the Sims 2. I think the sims from that era had so much personality, the lore and relationships in each neighborhood were interesting and had a little more substance, and I really enjoyed the content/gameplay that was available and would like to see how they would improve/expand on it.
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
    check out my gallery page
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    I would pick The Sims 2 because I had good memories with it.

But I'm not a fan of remastered games.
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 371 Member
    I think EA left the Sims 3 a bit too quickly for the Sims 4. The game just had it's last expansion released and that time could've been taken to iron out any remaining bugs or maybe creating optimization patches since the game isn't going to have any more content, but instead it was right on to the next iteration. The problem with Sims 3 was that is was poorly optimized, hence why it ran poorly and the need for fixes. The open world wasn't the issue. If it was then all the other open world games would be laggy messes, too.

In my opinion, the Sims 3 just needed more work to make it run smoothly and not be such a strain on PCs to make it sound like a spaceship preparing to take off. Also, updated graphics for the Sims themselves. The Sims in medieval look pretty good and it runs on the same engine as 3, so I don't see why EA couldn't have done, I don't know, a graphic update for the Sims 3 to give sims that same look?

I know Sims 3 and other previous iterations are abandonware at this point, but even just an update that makes the game run smoother would work.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    Sims 1 had so much more... It'd be like a new game if they actually remasted it.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yeah okay this question is impossible because there is so many ways to remaster and its hard to kinda compare

I would still play sims 1 and 2 as is if they just added them to origin and made it so they run on new computers no problems like thats really all it would require I don't particularily need new graphics or anything like that
    tbh too much modernization would simply ruin vibes

ts3... honestly would need too freaking many changes to be something i spend much time with and i honestly don't think its reasonable expectation as it would really just be whole another game at the point where id be happy with it

spinoffs however yes that i could see

Sims medieval made in new graphics additional content heck yeah

or that Sims 2 PSP game but with new graphics additional content and played on computer be awesim

or Castaway pc version with new graphics additional content bring it on

Urbz would be so cool too and id live for it but also id be kind of worried because bringing that game to 2022 -> would most likely mean sacrifices :sweat_smile: which i am not willing to make :sweat_smile: well I guess if they abandoned the kid friendly idea and made it full on mature audiences game that could work
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    @Relneydarstep Sims 3 Nightlife brought vampires. They arent available base game.

> @StrawberryYogurt said:
    > @Relneydarstep Sims 3 Nightlife brought vampires. They arent available base game.

That's not entirely true StrawberryYogurt. I play as a vampire in TS2. I even had a casket to sleep in and had vampiric kids. I must have been TS2, but I'll look it up again if that would help. Happy Simming.

No i meant in response to this comment: In TS3, couldn't you be a vampire w/o buying a pack to be one? I have them all, but I forget which one gave that option in it's game. 

You cant be a vampire base game in TS3

I really wish Sims 2 had more expansions. I would love to see it with new graphics and new dlc. There was so much more that couldve been added to the game, we lost it too early 😔

• AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited June 2022
    The possibilities would be truly endless if TS3 was remastered and made to take advantage of newer hardware. Imagine having huge cities with hundreds of sims and no performance issues.
    I know there are city worlds that run 'ok' but they're definitely not meant for long term play, and TS3 in general is the least stable out of all the games, so it could benefit the most from a remaster/remake.
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Sims 2. I don't even need it remastered. I just want it re-released.
  • CelticlassCelticlass Posts: 35 Member
    I played the Sims 2 with extra medieval content and mods for over 20 years. I loved some things from Sims 3 but much prefer building with Sims 4. However, it's difficult to count. It would be nice to have something that tells me how many squares I've gone so I can place things exactly where I need to without having to count each square over and over again. I do miss being able to go down to foundation level and work on my yard because I create my yard last. The Sims 2 had better babies! They looked more realistic and took on eye and skin color from birth. Was it really so hard to do that again? I won't be playing Sims 5 with the direction EA is going. So unless they come up with a medieval world or an actual medieval game that plays like the Sims where you can play each family member and they grow up, I may just have to go back to Sims 2 again. I loved swimming among the coral reefs in Island Paradise so was very disappointed with Island Living. It was a nice environment for mermaids. But I would love to have elf ears available in CAS for everyone. I don't always want to play with spellcasters. They're magicians with arcane knowledge, not elves. I voted for spinoff games because I really want a medieval world that isn't the cartoonish version of the Sims Medieval. Everyone plays differently. I own everything from Sims 1, Sims 2, Sims 3 (including everything from the store), and everything from Sims 4 except Menswear. I have ideas to change certain worlds if we could only choose to play historically. And wouldn't it be cool to choose our own roads instead of having only one type available in each world? That's something I would definitely vote for!
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I'd like to see better camera controls and options for TS1. Otherwise it is fine as it is <3
  • Andrea48Andrea48 Posts: 16 Member
    If they could combine the sims 2 personalities and memories and wants and fears with the sims 3 open worlds and packs and intergrate all that into the sims 4 with how they look and make the sims 4 run smoother and add in an attraction system and take away these 🐸🐸🐸🐸 loading screens when your house is right infront of you and take away that useless emotion system then this game could be salvageable...I cant stand the sentiments and the sims whims or the stupid emotion system they have...this game was designed for children not for adult/teen adult play...I bought cottage lving...boring and I just got the werewolf pack...seems boring but better then what we have...my sims freeze all the time and the game lags alot...I have almost all the packs excpet for battu and eco lifestyle and a coupla others...they want money but they arent delivering
  • BlueBananaSimsBlueBananaSims Posts: 51 Member
    I would absolutely go hog wild for a Castaway remaster, or even a Medieval one
  • Garfieldwxg55Garfieldwxg55 Posts: 76 Member
    Remastered Sims 3 with new DLC (maybe just a handful of really big packs though), would be really nice, especially if the original DLC was included with the base game
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    I'm playing TS3 at the moment and it holds up very well (in fact, it's better than TS4 although there's some QoL fixes in that I miss). TS1 was fantastic but I think a lot of my love for that comes from nostalgia.

So it has to be TS2. It introduced us to aging, memories, family trees, connected stories and took everything TS1 did and refined it into something amazing.

It's also a buggy mess that corrupts if you look at it funny and takes so many mods to get playable I've given up ever trying again.

TS2 remasted with all original DLC + improvements added by TS3 (linking nearly every action to a skill, better and more occults, open world) + traits with personality points system and maybe with TS4's multitasking and emotions and it'll be perfect.
  • beckyx1991beckyx1991 Posts: 19 Member
    Hard choose between the Sims 2 and 3. But the storylines of the Sims 2 will always have my heart. I’d just love to play it as it is now as a rerelease.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Sims 1; please bring back Makin' Magic. Was so tempted to bring it back home with me after visiting my home town recently but wasn't sure if it would work on my laptop. :(
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Gee, I was hoping Sims 4 would make the list.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/