Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Occults Game Packs (and a pattern)

I know Game Packs are more specific than Expansion Packs and allow develop better an theme. Also happen with occults, compared those from GP vs those from EP

Also have than are several themes covered by GP, no only occults, so occults comes after some other GPs. And would be a coincidence or a pattern?
Sure than will no make on e occult after other, but GP04 - GP08 - GP12

Fairies will be GP16?

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Interesting. I hadn't noticed this, but it has merit.

As an Occult lover and fan of all things Fae, I'd find it less distressing if I was sure we were getting 2 game packs a year until Fairies comes out.

But I'd prefer this over my nightmare - that Fairies get squished into an expansion pack and get the Aliens/Mermaids treatment.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    That is interesting. But I wonder if the Sims 4 is going to have that many more GP's.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    Fairies will be a GP for sure if it comes as a fairy fan I am always hoping still werewolf's are going o be a lot of fun
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I so agree that the Occults in the Gameplay Packs work way better than in the Expansion Packs.
  • CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    I love having dedicated worlds for occults! I don't think we'll get many more game/expansion packs since the team is half the size it was at launch, but I do think fairies are coming based on old surveys. Zombies seem less likely.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited June 2022
    CopperBolt wrote: »
    I love having dedicated worlds for occults! I don't think we'll get many more game/expansion packs since the team is half the size it was at launch, but I do think fairies are coming based on old surveys. Zombies seem less likely.

Now than you said Zombies, for sure nobody will rant if zombies comes as part of an EP or even patched at BG (or as rework of existing pack) as temporary life state
  • sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    I am really hoping we get Fairies sooner but I'm not holding my breath. Seems like it takes forever to get occults. I would rather wait for them in a gamepack though then see them show up in an expansion like Aliens/Mermaids and be completely ruined.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »

Now than you said Zombies, for sure nobody will rant if zombies comes as part of an EP or even patched at BG (or as rework of existing pack) as temporary life state

This youtuber simmererin recently speculated on zombies coming with a post apocalyptic themed expansion. I don't enjoy zombies in game but her idea sounded pretty good, I'd buy it

https://youtu.be/sVQm8ofGM4A
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2022
    I've noticed they've been every two and a half years. Vampires was early 2017 (two and a half years in), Spellcasters were late 2019 and now Werewolves mid 2022. Hopefully they'll speed up the releases though as I don't want to have to wait until the game turns 10 to have the big 4 supernatural occults finished :#
  • WedWed Posts: 174 Member
    As a mermaid fan, I was definitely disheartened by the "watered-down" treatment (no pun intended). At the very least, they could have had a small, hidden world a la Sixam, only underwater instead. For aliens, Sixam also could have been expanded because it has such untapped potential there. These occults and even PlantSims deserve to have refreshed versions that include all life stages (not just teens and older). That's why I want faeries to have their own GP because that pack system works so well for occults, as with Vampires, RoM, and now Werewolves. We'll see, I guess.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Interesting pattern, but GP 16 sounds like way into the future. I hope they don't make us wait another 3 years for the next occult GP.

I definitely like the dedicated GP's. The occult are much more developed. I hope aliens and mermaids can get a refresh at some point. Another advantage of occults in GP's is that we can pick and choose if we want without having to give up a big EP theme. For example I want all occults except zombies so I would skip that GP and get the rest. Of course I that doesn't stop some simmers from getting the pack and then request the main feature to be removed or nerfed.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    leo3487 wrote: »

This youtuber simmererin recently speculated on zombies coming with a post apocalyptic themed expansion. I don't enjoy zombies in game but her idea sounded pretty good, I'd buy it

https://youtu.be/sVQm8ofGM4A

Zombies+ the walking dead+fallout 😱😱😱 that would be a dream pack if it were to happen.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(