Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't order more omni seeds

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    GadgetmaniaGadgetmania Posts: 42 New Member
    edited August 2011
    It works even if there is nothing to do at the mailbox. Just send the Sim and cancel just before he/she gets there. You'll know it worked if the mailbox opens and closes by itself and the Sim goes through the motions.

And the best thing to grow that I have found so far is a book from China called The Dragon Ripple. It costs 2100 new and I think I get just under 1500 for each one I grow. Between them and perfect, large deathfish (the more they weigh, the more they are worth), gardeners are rolling in the Simoleons.
  • Options
    KittyHoshiKittyHoshi Posts: 61
    edited September 2011
    these opportunities have been so frustrating! at first i got a pretty decent amount, but now i get very few, and i didnt touch the option in the menu either for disabling them. i have a gardener who got the opportunity and went to hogan's for it. when i delivered the stuff for the first one, they said "come back when you get level 9. so i leveled up to 10 now and now have 3/10 excellent cheeses required, but the message dont come back up! i might just have to place the plants there in the yard, i don't like doing the work only to get nothing -_-
  • Options
    luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited September 2011
    just wanted to let you know your avatar is hilarious
  • Options
    TEASUTEASU Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2011
    It works even if there is nothing to do at the mailbox. Just send the Sim and cancel just before he/she gets there. You'll know it worked if the mailbox opens and closes by itself and the Sim goes through the motions.

OMG!! I love u all! I stopped the game for quite a while because of this bug. Now my sims can order Omni seeds again! Thank you PAULCOMINSCOCH, Natarooma & Gadgetmania!! :D

buydebug cheat also works :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    laurie1184laurie1184 Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    Hi All Simmer’s.
    I’ve got a fix for you all. Wait till there is mail in the letter box. Left click on the latter box, Order Omni seeds, and then, get mail. Just before your sim gets to the letter box, cancel order Omni Seeds. Your sim will order omni seeds right after you cancelled it. You might need to practise it a few times be for you get it right. But it works I promise.
    Good luck.

Thanks for this it worked for me! :D
  • Options
    willthereaperwillthereaper Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    WORKAROUND!!!

I found this purely by accident today. Try selecting order omni plant seeds on the mailbox, then when your sim is on the way to the mail box cancel. when I do this my sim orders from where I stop him.
  • Options
    Saye_15Saye_15 Posts: 31
    edited April 2012
    Hi All Simmer’s.
    I’ve got a fix for you all. Wait till there is mail in the letter box. Left click on the latter box, Order Omni seeds, and then, get mail. Just before your sim gets to the letter box, cancel order Omni Seeds. Your sim will order omni seeds right after you cancelled it. You might need to practise it a few times be for you get it right. But it works I promise.
    Good luck.

This works! I have successfully used it several times. It even works with you send the Sim out to pay the bills.

Like he said:
    (I hit pause first) Select mail box like usual
    Select Order Omni Seeds
    Select Pay Bills (or Get Mail)
    (I un-pause at this point) Just as the Sim is about two steps away, cancel the seed order.

You'll know if it worked because, at least in my case, my Sim stands BESIDE the box and her arms stick straight out, one wrist bent at a painful angle, as she goes through the motion of putting something in the mailbox. Then she walks to the FRONT of the box and pays the bills as usual. Next day, the seeds are delivered!

This has worked for me each time!

It worked!, I love that you described exactly how the sims arm is "bent at a painful angle"
  • Options
    RobbeLeeRobbeLee Posts: 4
    edited June 2012
    There are several forum pages on the Omni Seed Problem. I learned on another thread there is away around this problem. I've tried it and it works.

With your Gardening Sim away from the mailbox, send it to order Omni Seeds. When the sim gets about 5 to 10 feet from the mailbox, delete the command to order them. The Sim will place the order anyway and they will come the next day in the mail. To make sure it works, you can try to order the Omni seeds again, and the command will be gray and tell you seeds are on the way.

I hope this helps.

Happy Simming,
    Robbe
  • Options
    DarkFireFlyDarkFireFly Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited June 2012
    Hi All Simmer’s.
    Good luck.

This really works. Thanks!
  • Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hi, I have readed, that possibility to order the seeds from mailbox was broken with patch for LN.
    The sim is ordering seeds and nothing happens. :(
    I have made a lot on 20x20 with Perfect harvest (I have uploaded this too), where one from treasure chests contains 20 perfect seeds of Omni-plant in perfect quality. When I need this seeds, I place this lot in my city and let open this treasure chest from my Sim. :wink:
    When You have last seed, You should:
    1) replace lot with the same and You take this seeds in Yours inventory;
    or
    2) activate testingcheatsenabled true & buyDebug, place this seed in live mode on the floor and in build-buy mode Ctrl+Shift+click on this seed, .... Object .... Duplicate.
    I hope I was helpfull :oops:
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    AutoguyAutoguy Posts: 3 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I've been using a very simple method to overcome this bug since day one. Lock up the sim. Lock the sim in a room and go order the seeds. When you see the mail box open and close and the flag go up, the seeds will have been ordered. :-)

Watch the sim, it will fuss about being confined and then make deformed gestures in the direction of the mail box.

I have a small fence pen near my mail box to lock the sim in.

(Sorry I didn't find this and post sooner :( )
  • Options
    OllielollieOllielollie Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm having a similar problem apart from I haven't ordered any yet I keep getting loads of them in the post but they come out as gifts in my inventory and I can't open them? I'm playing on windows 8 pc :?