Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Attraction Scale?

How does the new attraction gauge thing work? Like I've been in the park and gotten like a moodlet for being around an attractive sim but what determines the attraction? It's not like TS2 turn ons and turn offs. Is it based solely on personality?

Comments

• Cookie_Jar3Cookie_Jar3 Posts: 137 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I havent even gotton the moodlet yet. This whole attraction system is confusing to me theres realy nothing your sim is specifically attracted to that you know of :roll:
  • tori104tori104 Posts: 7,561 Member
    edited November 2012
    System is totally the word I was looking for. I got the moodlet when my sim was performing for tips in the park. I first got a message with a sim's thumbnail that said "I find advancing in your career extremely attractive" and then my sim got the moodlet and then I found out they had the ambitious trait which is why I was guessing traits may have something to do with it?
  • Grneydbandit0Grneydbandit0 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited November 2012
    i've gotten it with every sim in my family when they're around their significant other, or around strangers. not sure what to make of it. my guy was around someone he found attractive, but when she tried to give him flowers, he refused. he was loyal to his girlfriend :D
  • tori104tori104 Posts: 7,561 Member
    edited November 2012
    aw that's sweet :) I guess I just wish they'd tell us more about how the attraction works
  • mrsvantuylmrsvantuyl Posts: 157 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I have had interest in my sim due to traits, my job, and my sign.
  • Purpl3PandaZPurpl3PandaZ Posts: 841 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Its off certain details. Personality, being a celebrity, and more. I thought it was cute at first. The first time i got it was when my main male and female sims met. I was like "Awww they're made for each other!" But now it just happens all the time and its annoying... Especially when my sims are already in relationships.
  • tammer400tammer400 Posts: 647 Member
    edited November 2012
    I didn't really notice it to be honest it would nice to have an explantion of it but then other hand that couldn't notice it cause i micromange everything my sims do in thier simlife.
  • RuffPuffianRuffPuffian Posts: 101 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I've only played once since the update and my Sim got "I like a Sim who makes something for themselves, we should get to know each other better" (or something along those lines) thrice. Like others have said, at first I re-thought my Sims boyfriend but now it seems to happen with everyone.

Though, my sim is very pretty. :lol:
    Anyways, she's at the top of the stylist career.
  • trastelltrastell Posts: 72 Member
    edited November 2012
    I have wondered the same and hope all will be revealed when Seasons comes out.

My sim is attracted to her boyfriend, but it doesn't say why and I can't find a place in CAS to set what traits she finds attractive in other sims.
  • ZhalkZhalk Posts: 310 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I love the new attraction thing, but my sim got attracted to someone who is the complete opposite and had the lifetime reward of heartbreaker... Or something, he also had commitment issues which I hated and I kinda stopped seeing him hehe
  • TiffanySouzaTiffanySouza Posts: 301 Member
    edited November 2012
    I don't like it. I'm super OCD and I made a couple hot guys hoping my simself would fall for one but she hasn't and I want her to be with someone she likes. How many guys will I have to make til she falls for one?!
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited November 2012
    I would love for EA to tell us a little more about this...

I havn't updated yet... but it both sound interesting and fun.... + frustrating...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • badgyrl_310badgyrl_310 Posts: 198 Member
    edited November 2012
    It seems to randomly select who the sim is attracted to. At first I thought it was cool, but today when I played, I noticed a sim walking by and my sim was attracted to him, so I had her talk to him to try to figure out his traits and see if that was the reason for the attraction. It took forever to learn his traits so I just added him to my active household. Anyway they only have one trait in common but now they're good friends. So later I get a message that she now has a cheater reputation and I think it's from that moodlet. :evil: (She and the sim are only friends, not romantic interests). So now her reputation is ruined for nothing. I'm just gonna go ahead and let her cheat since she already has the rep. :roll:
  • Trish1966Trish1966 Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, the attraction system is a bit strange. My Sim had the Star Quality trait and she met a 4 star celebrity that wouldn't give her the time of day no matter how many times she tried to impress him. Then he called her for a date. I sent her out with him hoping to boost her celebrity status, but she couldn't interact with him until she had impressed him. On the whole date, he kept stretching and yawning like he was bored with the world. Then he called her after she got engaged to someone else. Then ANOTHER guy called her and asked her out after they met just once. The guy she was engaged to was his brother!!! :lol:
  • snoopy59916snoopy59916 Posts: 40 New Member
    edited November 2012
    My sim gets this moodlet every time he sees someone.I don't mean like a few sims that wander around the town I literally mean EVERYONE HE SEES including his boss and even some complete stranger. :shock: