Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Bug Thread

Comments

• mactrac01mactrac01 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited October 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    List of reported bugs

Diving board

- Sims reset when trying to use the board (SimPrograms)

Please help me. I'm having this issue :-(
  • kezza11178kezza11178 Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited October 2012
    hi crinrict

i seem to be having an issue with the telescope my sim resets herself , i have taken out my mod and cc also deleted the usual files and its still the same.

also i noticed i have the same problem as AznSensei with the memories
  • pixiedust4267pixiedust4267 Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited October 2012
    Yup just the store worlds, and only certain ones. Sunlit Tides, Lucky Palms and Lunar Lakes are the ones that go poof on me. I had them reinstalled, but then cleared out my cache and they vanished again. I just downloaded them again, but had to leave before I could install again. Gonna try it again here in a little bit.
    SQfkfxm6rt.gif
  • DeAtHrOw786DeAtHrOw786 Posts: 6
    edited October 2012
    I have no mods installed, my sims turned invisible after update. screenshotvq.jpg
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited October 2012
    Glad to see this thread is up already!

I started a brand new game to explore the features. I made sure memories were turned off in the options menu. Then I sent my sim swimming in the ocean... and got a memory. I had the notification and the memory was in the journal. I definitely had memories switched off.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No mods. Only 'Chestershire' world, that's my only cc.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? No mods.
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do). Never used mods.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? N/A
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Supernatural and installed new patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? Sorry, I don't know how to answer this. I just installed the new seasons patch via the launcher.
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New game.
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New sim.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA Sunset Valley.
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Vista
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. Download of SN.

Thanks, Crin! :D
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2012
    @mactrac01: Did you remove all your mods ?

@kezza11178: All Sims ? New or old game ? Did you check what I suggested on Azn's post ?

@pixiedust4267: Are there really not in the selection box or just hidden beneath the new Store advertisement of worlds ?

@DeAtHrOw786: probably a corrupt outfit. Take your Sim to the dresser and check if you can give him another outfit

@Cinderellimouse: Did you check if the option reset itself ? Also check up on this: Do you have this entry in your options.ini: enablememories = 3 or does it have a different value/is missing ?

---

I'm off to bed. First I have to say that while I will be answering your questions, you will need to be patient. I still have RL work going on and this patch has blind-sided me (and many modders).

Twallan will be checking mods tonight but it's unclear when he will have time to update. So please don't rush him. RL always comes first.

Twoftmama has an important visitor atm. While she will be checking her mods for compatibility, she won't be updating until her visitor has left (which is for at least another week).

Also please answer the questions on the first page. I still need that info and even if you posted in one of my bug threads before, I don't know what you did this time.

---

I wish everyone a lot of fun swimming in the ocean and getting the dives in just perfect. I wanna see a perfect 10 from all of your Sims.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• DeAtHrOw786DeAtHrOw786 Posts: 6
    edited October 2012
    crinrict wrote:

@kezza11178: All Sims ? New or old game ? Did you check what I suggested on Azn's post ?

@pixiedust4267: Are there really not in the selection box or just hidden beneath the new Store advertisement of worlds ?

@DeAtHrOw786: probably a corrupt outfit. Take your Sim to the dresser and check if you can give him another outfit

@Cinderellimouse: Did you check if the option reset itself ? Also check up on this: Do you have this entry in your options.ini: enablememories = 3 or does it have a different value/is missing ?

---

I'm off to bed. First I have to say that while I will be answering your questions, you will need to be patient. I still have RL work going on and this patch has blind-sided me (and many modders).

Twallan will be checking mods tonight but it's unclear when he will have time to update. So please don't rush him. RL always comes first.

Twoftmama has an important visitor atm. While she will be checking her mods for compatibility, she won't be updating until her visitor has left (which is for at least another week).

Also please answer the questions on the first page. I still need that info and even if you posted in one of my bug threads before, I don't know what you did this time.

---

I wish everyone a lot of fun swimming in the ocean and getting the dives in just perfect. I wanna see a perfect 10 from all of your Sims.

Thank you it work!
  • maxverra1997maxverra1997 Posts: 1,506
    edited October 2012
    I removed all mods for the patching
    I don't have cc or anything.
    patched from the most recent to this patch.
    so this is what happend: the patch was done I clicked finish. I got the blue screen of death saying there was an ea core/sims error and my laptop shut down. when i start it again it will work until I click on any sims related thing on my laptop. it just completly crashed even ctrl,alt, del won't work and not even in safe mode. I tried installing the patch again bia simvips download and that didn't work either.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited October 2012
    Crin I have patch 1.42 and going to my ingame wall crashes my game requiring a restart. Everytime I do it. Also the mailbox still crashes my game when trying to accept or gift a gift.

Please EA fix this before seasons so I can upload some new memories and greeting cards.
  • mactrac01mactrac01 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited October 2012
    crinrict wrote:

---

---

yes i removed all modes, and my sim still walks up to the diving board and then resets
  • SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited October 2012
    To everyone having problem with memories. Just enable them first and then disable again. That worked for me atleast :)
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
    edited October 2012
    It hadn't reset itself. I double-checked it and it and they were still off.

I wondered if saving would help. So I saved the game, exited to the main menu, and loaded it up again. This seemed to work, I made my sim do a few different things that would normally trigger a memory, and no new memories were generated.

I also put a new version of the same sim into the world (the one that automaticly saves to the bin when you make a sim in CAS) and sent her to swim in the ocean as well, and no new memory was made.

So, it seems like saving the game fixes the problem.

The options.ini file says enablememories = 3. (I don't know what it said before I saved) :?
  • ewilson1114ewilson1114 Posts: 2,513 Member
    edited October 2012
    Glad to see this thread is up already!

I started a brand new game to explore the features. I made sure memories were turned off in the options menu. Then I sent my sim swimming in the ocean... and got a memory. I had the notification and the memory was in the journal. I definitely had memories switched off.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No mods. Only 'Chestershire' world, that's my only cc.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? No mods.
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do). Never used mods.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? N/A
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Supernatural and installed new patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? Sorry, I don't know how to answer this. I just installed the new seasons patch via the launcher.
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New game.
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New sim.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA Sunset Valley.
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Vista
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. Download of SN.

Thanks, Crin! :D

I read in another thread that toggling memories on and then back off fixes this. I haven't patched yet so I can't test for myself but maybe it will work for you!
    edited October 2012
    SimsTias wrote:
    To everyone having problem with memories. Just enable them first and then disable again. That worked for me atleast :)

Ah!!! I did that too! Your post made me realise! I did it when I was checking they were disabled.

They said 'disabled' by default. I saw this, then got the memory, then changed it to on then off again, then saved.

As long as we CAN actally turn them off, I'm happy! :D
  • nadriede_cedenadriede_cede Posts: 22
    edited October 2012
    I have a question. I'm having a terrible time with lagging since the patch. It took me two hours to get into the game and when I finally did, everything was so slow I couldn't play.

Do you think it may have something to do with the CC that I installed before I installed the patch? Of course it could be the patch, but I just don't know. I have no idea what to do. Anyway, here are my answers to your questions.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods?: No mods but I do have Custom Content.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods: Not using Mods

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do): Never have used them.

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version?: No Mods

5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch?: Supernatural

6. Which Patch Level are you at?: The current one for Seasons.

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones?: Existing game.

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made?: No to both questions.

9. What town are you currently playing? EA or Custom?: EA. Moonlight Falls.

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7): Windows 7

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game: DVD

Answers for Lagging Issues:

- What EPs do you own: All of them

Computer Information:

Windows 7

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz

Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M

Gaming graphics 3834 MB Total available graphics memory

- Do you have a 32 or 64 bit Operating System?: 64 bit

- Do you use any Store Premium Content? If so Which ones?: Zen Table, Blackjack Table, Chocolate Fountain, Wishing Well, Sauna, Outdoor Shower, Foot Massage Chair, Multitab 6000, Hypnotizer, Slot Machine, Tree Of Prosperity, Vertical Rock Wall, Cow Plant.

Okay, I think that's it. Let me know if you need anything else! Sorry for the long post! Thanks in advance for your help! :)
  • ewilson1114ewilson1114 Posts: 2,513 Member
    edited October 2012

As long as we CAN actally turn them off, I'm happy! :D

ikr? So glad not to have to get a mod for that anymore!
    edited October 2012
    Thanks, ewilson1114! :D
    edited October 2012
    I have a question. I'm having a terrible time with lagging since the patch. It took me two hours to get into the game and when I finally did, everything was so slow I couldn't play.

My game was lagging badly until I saved it and re-loaded it. Then it was better than before the patch, it runs well now! It might help for you too.
    edited October 2012
    Just reporting that I'm having no problems with the diving board. :D
  • medivialprincessmedivialprincess Posts: 774 Member
    edited October 2012
    i can't even get the patch to work. i will click ok to update then it shows downloading but no bar then flickers and its gone. i'm on a mac laptop.
    tumblr_m4hniaS8fX1r3l7cvo1_500.gif
  • pixiedust4267pixiedust4267 Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited October 2012
    I have the worlds downloaded again, but I can't find the Serenity Spa lot for Sunlit Tides, and I had it before the patch came out today. Any suggestions?
    SQfkfxm6rt.gif
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited October 2012
    I still have problems with entering my wall when ingame, the game crashes and I need to restart. Sometimes it works and sometimes doesnt.

• Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    edited October 2012
    I started a new game in Starlight Shores and I was going to have my sim join the singer profession, but its not showing up as an option on the computer. I dont know if its because of the patch or not, but I thought I would report it as I have never had the problem before.
  • nadriede_cedenadriede_cede Posts: 22
    edited October 2012
    [/quote]My game was lagging badly until I saved it and re-loaded it. Then it was better than before the patch, it runs well now! It might help for you too. [/quote]

Oh okay, I'll have to try that. Can't tonight because it's getting too late, but will try tomorrow. Thank you for the suggestion! :)
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hey I just installed the patch. And my sim can't use the telecope it keeps re-setting. I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue but I thought I'd post it here just in case. (I accedentally posted this in the supernatural thread so please just ignore that one)
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top