Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural Bug Thread

Comments

• PulversoppaPulversoppa Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited September 2012
    Minor issue, but annoying:

The issue is my magician's second career outfit was gone, and when going in the makeover station mirror from Ambitions the "career outfit category" isn't visible anymore. I only see casual, sleep, bathing, exercising and formal wear there in the panel to the left. If I have her be in her default career outfit and click "give yourself makeover" she switches clothes to every day wear and no career outfit category option is visible in the panel.

If I though let her change into the default first career outfit and use an old classic wardrobe to "plan outfit" I can add a second look and edit it like we're supposed to.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? - only this: http://modthesims.info/d/470934
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods - Nope.
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? - nope, I've let it be there still, and it seems to work like it should
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? - the patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? - latest, 1.38 ?
    7. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones ? - an existing one
    8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? - Sunlit Tides "gold version"
    9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) - win 7, 64-bit

...and I have no issues with the water and disappearing buildings in Sunlit Tides here.
    "They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited September 2012
    @GreenCats: Could you post your specs as well ? First thing to try would be the factory reset thing described on the first page.

@Pulversoppa: Could you check if you have the same issue on a new game.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• FrekiNGeriFrekiNGeri Posts: 98 Member
    edited September 2012
    First time posting here - hope I post it right! :)

Problem - just got the new patch, and gardening doesn't work for me. When I harvest, my sim will harvest one plant then teleport an inch or two away and lose any actions in the action queue (as if the sim was reset). Weeding works fine. Tending Garden works fine until it gets to a plant with something to harvest. Then the same thing happens - it harvests the plant then sim appears to reset.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? no
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods - n/a
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) - no - I do have items bought from the Sim store here, but I don't think I've ever loaded them in since I got a new computer
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? n/a
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? just the patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? whatever the new one is...?
    7. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones ? does the same in both scenarios
    8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Riverview and Sunset Valley
    9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7

ADDITIONAL INFO - I read on the forum that starting a new game would fix it. I started a new game, planted out my new garden, fertilized the plants and waited until 5 AM. When the crops hit their 5AM growth time, they all sprouted to full-grown plants and mousing over the plant, their Growth status is Mycaelium or something like that... never had that before. And the plants won't grown any further or get produce.

Oh, and I'm using all the expansion packs and stuff packs except for Diesel - haven't gotten that one yet.

Thanks for any help you can give!
    edited September 2012
    For the moment, all I can do is add the issue which I have done.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• CAELUM74CAELUM74 Posts: 57 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm having the same issue as FrekiNGeri, except that tending garden only works for the first plant and then my sim stops what she's doing. Also, the harvested fruit doesn't seem to be showing up in her backpack.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No mods, 3 lots from the exchange with no cc used in the builds
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods - No
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) - I used MC at one point but haven't used it in over a year.
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Just the patch< Supernatural on Tuesday
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? The one that came out 8/31
    7. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones? Existing one for now, plan on a new game on Tuesday
    8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Sunlit Tides
    9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7
  • WildeatheartWildeatheart Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited September 2012
    Not sure if this is an issue for everyone or a problem with my game, but since the patch I summoned my NPC genie from the lamp in showtime.

Before he was wearing the genie clothes (turban, pointy shoes e.t.c) but now he is wearing normal clothes from the store, (practical curls from Ambitions registration reward, and an outfit from the Happily ever after set.)

I don't mind, but thought it was worth mentioning as others (if others have the problem)may.

Sorry

1.No, some exchange items
    2.No
    3.Never used mods
    4.n/a
    5.Just patch getting supernatural on 7th
    6.1.38 8/31
    7.Got base game with showtime and played a few games since
    8. It happened in hidden Springs
    9. Windows 7
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    tumblr_static_b95t53zz25sskgcso8s48cksw.jpg
    edited September 2012
    Could you please answer the questions in the second post. Thank you.
    AHQ Tutorial

• monaduncanmonaduncan Posts: 952 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I am experiencing the same problem with the garden. Sim tends the first one and then stops.
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No mods
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods - No
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) - I removed mod folder before patching my game. (MC, OW-Twall)
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? No. Checking for update.
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Just the patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 14.0.48.018001. Downloaded latest update 31/8
    7. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones? New game; however, I am used a family I saved from the library
    8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA-Sunset Valley
    9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) XP
    edited September 2012
    Everyone with the garden issue, could you please answer the following questions for me:

Issues

- Tend garden doesn't show
    - Harvest can't be queued
    - Jumping out of actions

Questions

- What level is your gardener at ?
    - Which of the above symptoms do you see ?
    - Was it a new garden or pre-existing ?
    - Does restarting the game do anything for you ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited September 2012
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? None installed at moment due to new patch
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods Usually just use Twallens mods
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) All removed and caches cleared
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Just Patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.38
    7. Do you have a Showtime Collection (in buy/build mode) ? N/a
    8. Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones ? New game
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA Appolosa Plains
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7

After a few minutes of game play was senidng my sim to learn gardening skill and game just stopped working with the message about it stopping working. I was playing in windowed mode

Just happend again, this time in a different world. Funny enough both sims were either going to or coming from the grocery store, although I did manage to visit one other time without the game crashing
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited September 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @GreenCats: Could you post your specs as well ? First thing to try would be the factory reset thing described on the first page.

Sure!

Intel Core 2 Solo @ 1.4GHz
    4GB RAM
    32-Bit OS
    Intel Chipset graphics card

So, yeh, I blame my computer :oops:. Thought it was worth reporting though, since my game was running fine for building before the patch.

Thanks for the factory reset tip. Would be good if that saved me having to resinstall, especially since I think I deleted the installer so would have to re-download. Will try next I get some time :-)

Answers to the rest of the 2nd set of questions:
    - I own all the EPs, but currently have installed WA, Amb, LN, and Gen.
    - I think the only premium content I have is the massage chair and the sauna.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • dhubhduirdhubhduir Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I have the gardening issue after installing the patch

Gardener is at level 10.
    Tend garden will show, but will not complete after harvesting a plant. Weed will complete for all plants but harvest will not.
    Harvest can be queued up but will cancel all of them after completing the first one.
    This was an existing garden
    Restarting the game did not do anything. I have not yet tried starting a new game.
  • Peachybitz1Peachybitz1 Posts: 79 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Hi :-)

- What level is your gardener at ?
    - Which of the above symptoms do you see ?
    - Was it a new garden or pre-existing ?
    - Does restarting the game do anything for you ?

7 nearly 8
    2&3
    Pre existing
    Nope, exactly the same..have weeds, says there are things to harvest, but no visible veg or fruits.
    edited September 2012
    GreenCats wrote:
    crinrict wrote:

Sure!

Intel Core 2 Solo @ 1.4GHz
    4GB RAM
    32-Bit OS
    Intel Chipset graphics card

So, yeh, I blame my computer :oops:. Thought it was worth reporting though, since my game was running fine for building before the patch.

Thanks for the factory reset tip. Would be good if that saved me having to resinstall, especially since I think I deleted the installer so would have to re-download. Will try next I get some time :-)

Answers to the rest of the 2nd set of questions:
    - I own all the EPs, but currently have installed WA, Amb, LN, and Gen.
    - I think the only premium content I have is the massage chair and the sauna.

Yeah, the 1.4GHz is not good enough. Each patch adds stuff so even if you don't install EPs, you reach the point where you can't play even the base game if you are below specs.
    AHQ Tutorial

• TrexterZiamTrexterZiam Posts: 51
    edited September 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    Everyone with the garden issue, could you please answer the following questions for me:

Issues

- Tend garden doesn't show --- mine shows but doesn't work - jump bug
    - Harvest can't be queued --- can tend garden 1 veggie at a time only. I use "tend garden" to harvest AFTER I weeded first.
    - Jumping out of actions --- jump only on harvest (tend). Weed and fertilize is okay now.

Questions

- What level is your gardener at --- 10
    - Which of the above symptoms do you see --- 2nd and 3rd
    - Was it a new garden or pre-existing --- pre-existing
    - Does restarting the game do anything for you ? ---yes but not for those items listed in this section.
  • Prettyweed870Prettyweed870 Posts: 832 Member
    edited September 2012
    Thanks again for doing this Crinny! :mrgreen:
    edited September 2012
    This is slightly off topic, but every time I try to view a post at crinrict's blog, I am getting an error. I can see the home page, but cannot get to the content on any posts. This is the error:

WordPress database error: [Unknown column 'day_no_time' in 'field list']
    INSERT INTO wp_popularpostsdatacache (id, day, day_no_time) VALUES (2222, '2012-09-01 13:17:10', '2012-09-01') ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE pageviews = pageviews + 1, day = '2012-09-01 13:17:10', day_no_time = '2012-09-01';
  • monaduncanmonaduncan Posts: 952 New Member
    edited September 2012

- What level is your gardener at ? 8 and 10
    - Which of the above symptoms do you see ? 2nd and 3rd (water, weeding, and fertilizing ok)
    - Was it a new garden or pre-existing ? A new garden I started after patch
    - Does restarting the game do anything for you ? I restarted same issue. Will try a new family and game.

Thanks
    edited September 2012
    dhubhduir wrote:
    This is slightly off topic, but every time I try to view a post at crinrict's blog, I am getting an error. I can see the home page, but cannot get to the content on any posts. This is the error:

INSERT INTO wp_popularpostsdatacache (id, day, day_no_time) VALUES (2222, '2012-09-01 13:17:10', '2012-09-01') ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE pageviews = pageviews + 1, day = '2012-09-01 13:17:10', day_no_time = '2012-09-01';

Strange. When did this start happening ? What browser are you using ? It does work ok for me.

EDIT: Seems an issue with one of the plug-ins. I've deactivated it. Can you try again.
    AHQ Tutorial

• CharicharnCharicharn Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited September 2012
    Hello

This is like the garden issue/bug (haven't checked on that one for me yet to see if I am getting the same bug.) But this bug is like what is described with the gardening only for me it is a writing bug. Send my sim to write and they go but the minute they click on the computer, they are sent a few feet away. Deleted the comptuer and put in a new one and still same thing happens. Will start a new game and see if it happens in the new game.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? None installed at moment due to new patch
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods Just for the first time a couple days ago tried the MC and SP by Twallan
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) All removed and caches cleared before I patched
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? Left them out for now
    7. Do you have a Showtime Collection (in buy/build mode) ? not sure what this is..sorry I have Showtime LE
    8. Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing will test with a new game
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA Starlight Shores

So far as I haven't really tested with the new patch very much this is the one thing I noticed with the Writing and that it is very similar to what is described and thought I would share. Hope there is a fix for it soon.

Thank you for the help Crinrict :)

Charicharn
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited September 2012
    - Spoiled food in the refrigerator is no longer marked as "spoiled." There is no option to clean out bad food. If a sim takes a plate of the bad food from the fridge they continue to eat it until they've finished the whole plate and grown sick from it, or until the player cancels the action.

So far, I've only tried one household and this was the issue. I will try another one later today.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods N/A
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) I've never used any.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? N/A
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 14.0.48.018001 (I got patch 1.38 last night.)
    7. Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones ? This is my existing game.
    8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA. Sunlit Tides.
    9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Mac.

Thanks for taking the time to do this. :-)
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited September 2012
    I too have the gardening bug....

1. No mods and store content only

5. I got just the patch...(manual)

6. GameVersion = 1.38.151.018001

7. this is an exsisting game

8. Lucky Palms

9. Vista

I might add that i can garden....just have to do 1 at a time....and can not do consectutive harvests in the cache...they drop out...when i say 1 at a time i mean it..
    edited September 2012
    Charicharn wrote:
    Hello

This is like the garden issue/bug (haven't checked on that one for me yet to see if I am getting the same bug.) But this bug is like what is described with the gardening only for me it is a writing bug. Send my sim to write and they go but the minute they click on the computer, they are sent a few feet away. Deleted the comptuer and put in a new one and still same thing happens. Will start a new game and see if it happens in the new game.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods Just for the first time a couple days ago tried the MC and SP by Twallan
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) All removed and caches cleared before I patched
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? Left them out for now
    7. Do you have a Showtime Collection (in buy/build mode) ? not sure what this is..sorry I have Showtime LE
    8. Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing will test with a new game

So far as I haven't really tested with the new patch very much this is the one thing I noticed with the Writing and that it is very similar to what is described and thought I would share. Hope there is a fix for it soon.

Charicharn

Hope I am doing this right. Ok tried a new game in Riverview and still have an issue/bug with Writing. Same as the Garden bug/issue. I click on the computer and use the pick to do Writing. Sim goes to write and then teleports a feet away.

edited September 2012
    It is working now. I was using Chrome on Vista and also tried it using Safari on my iPad. Both are working now. Thanks!
    crinrict wrote:
    dhubhduir wrote:

Strange. When did this start happening ? What browser are you using ? It does work ok for me.

EDIT: Seems an issue with one of the plug-ins. I've deactivated it. Can you try again.
    edited September 2012
    Charicharn wrote:
    Charicharn wrote:
    Hello

Charicharn

Hope I am doing this right. Ok tried a new game in Riverview and still have an issue/bug with Writing. Same as the Garden bug/issue. I click on the computer and use the pick to do Writing. Sim goes to write and then teleports a feet away.

Again adding info. The skill writing started working when the sim was already at the computer (chatting or playing) I could change to Writing. But I attempt to use that as the first action (sim not sitting at the computer to begin with) that is when the glitch happens. HOpe I am giving enough info. If I am doing too by quoting I am sorry. Just trying to be thorough.

Chaicharn

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top