Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural Bug Thread

crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
Please post all issues with the new 1.42 (Seaons) Patch in this thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/604090.page

Update 2012-09-27

Patch 1.39 was just released. Check this post for manual links: Patch 1.39

The patch has a fix for the Zombie Bug.

IT ONLY WORKS ON NEW GAMES. IT DOES NOT SAVE YOUR OLD ONES!!!

I'm still reading so please post any new issues you find.

XML/Tuning mods are fine with this patch, scripting mods still need verifying, Core Mods such as ErrorTrap and Awesome need updating.

blue2-rule-04l-whitevxcj.gif

Before updating your game and/or installing the new EP, please make sure to follow these steps:

In Preperation for Supernatural
TUTORIAL: What to do before patching
FAQ: How do I uninstall a Mod/Hack ?

Ask here, if anything is unclear. It will help you avoid most patching problems.

Please post your crashing issues in this thread: The offical sims 3 crashing thread. This one is about GAMEPLAY bugs

I do not have a solution for uninstalling Store content other than reinstalling all of them. If you have the issue, please post in the technical or Store technical section of this forum.

Please remove your mods before posting. Even if they say they are updated. You can only be sure something is a EA bug if you play a vanilla game.

There is no need for reading this whole thread but please check my posts on this first page if your issue has been reported and only post if you have extra info to add.

Remember that the patch will make your game 'EP' ready. Most of the bugs (unless they are specific to functionality of the EP) and fixes will also apply if you only have the patch and NOT the EP.

Rules

Please post the info asked in the second post and I'd appreciate it if you follow the rules

1. Please DO NOT VENT in this thread. If you are not happy with the game, post in another thread that most likely will pop up or start your own. I will need to read through all posts and venting will make me skip your post. Make your statement as calm and informative as possible.
2. Don't post things like: It doesn't work or I got an error message. I don't know how to help you with that. Describe as accurate as possible what you tried and what your problem is. Post any error messages you receive as you seem them (screen-shots are great)
3. Make sure that you have removed ALL your custom content, especially mods for they are most likely not compatible anymore. This also applies if you are only getting the patch. Check with the creators before putting them back.
4. You can also post your bugs/problems if you have not but the expansion but updated to the newest patch.
5. Please do not post any technical issues like crashes, graphic card problems or incompatibility messages. They go in the technical section of this forum and there are people there that can better help you than me.
6. Please read the compiled lists to see if anyone has posted before and if there's a solution to your problem. I will try to keep links so you can go to the post of the person for extra info but that might prove difficult if lots of people have the problem. If you have extra info to add, please do so. Also let me know if you feel that I have misinterpreted your post.
7. Also consult my blog at Crinrict's Sims 3 Help Blog to see if you are running into an old problem that already has a solution
8. You may also post any fixed bugs or solutions you might find.
9. Please do not link to another post if you have already posted somewhere else. Copy/Paste your post and add the link as extra info. This forum will probably be a pain to navigate again and if I don't have to go consult other threads to what might be your problem, that's a huge relieve.
10. Keep in mind that I'm in a different time zone than most of you guys. Be patient, I will try to answer anyone (except venting posts).
11. If you are replying to a question of mine, please quote your problem/my question or recap in short. It will help me tremendously if I don't have to go back to see what your problem was and I can't keep them all in mind.
12. Check your game if you have any old cc-framework leftovers and remove.
13. Please don't post: I don't have the time to read all this. I find that rather insulting because it tells me, you didn't even bother to read the first post. I'm taking MY time to help you guys out and I'm not compensated by EA for this so the least you can do is read the first few posts before making your statement.
14. Please do not edit your post to add extra info to it unless no one else has answered you. I'm not going back in reading the thread, so I might miss extra info. Simply make a new post and restate your issue.
15. Please also excuse if my answers are short and to the point. I usually have to cover a lot of ground and I can't be elaborate about everything. It's not meant in a rude way at all. I appreciate everyone that is taking part in this.
16. If you opened a thread on a certain issue you want linked, post the link in this thread and I will add it. Make sure there aren't any threads there yet.
17. If you feel that I'm not treating everyone in the same way, you're probably right. There are people that have been reporting since my first bug thread and others that are modders/creators themselves. I feel that I know when a bug report of those people is legit and when not, so I'll be quicker to add those compared to people I don't know at all.
18. Please use proper english and no text language. Also try to use punctuation where applicable and don't put everything in one paragraph. Those are very hard for me to read. I'm German speaking, so that would help me a great deal to understand what you are saying.

Important Links

- SimsVIP Sims 3 Supernatural Fact Sheet + Official Screens

- Showtime Bug Thread
- Pets Bug Thread
- Generations Bug Thread - Please see compiled list on first page before posting
- Late Night Bugs - Compiled List in first two posts
- TS3 + EPs & SPs - Known Glitches & Causes
- FAQ: Bugs & Patches
- Generations-Patch & existing Mods/Hacks
- FAQ: What files should I backup ?
- Twallan's Mods
- Finding Devices and Updating Drivers

Origin

Make sure your Origin is up-to-date (if you are using it). If your Origin is not at that version and you are not prompted an update, you will need to uninstall and get the newest version here: http://www.origin.com/us/about

Crashing Issues

Crashing issues are mainly technical and belong in the technical forum. carlymichelle has made a thread here: The offical sims 3 pets crashing thread. Please post in that thread if you have any crashing issues.

Here's some things you can try: ERROR: Game Crashes (CTD)

DEP Information

If you are experiencing crashes after load screen or after a few minutes of game play, it's most likely a DEP problem. The game has now a new .exe file in your base game folder. Make sure to add the following new files to your DEP:

TS3W.EXE in your base game\bin folder.

MAC Users

Things to try

- FAQ: Delete your Cache Files
- Move your family out and back in.
- Reset the sim ?
- TUTORIAL: Resetting the game to factory settings without Reinstalling --> Make sure to save those: SimPort Progress and Achievements
- TUTORIAL: - How to reinstall the game
- FAQ: How do I restore a backup file ?
- Move your Sims to a new town. Save them to the bin for that. Use Twallan's Porter if you don't want to loose the relationships.

A word on Mods/Hacks
It's ok to use them, I do too (I even recommend some of them), but please please, educate yourself about them. Don't just pop something in. There are many mods that conflict with each other and there are many mods that will be outdated with every patch (that's how it works).

Some of the mods need to be uninstalled in a special way but it will always tell you in the mod description if that is the case. So PLEASE read them and DO what it says.

Instructions how to install a mod can be found here: FAQ: How do I install Custom Content/ Mods ?
Instructions how to uninstall a mod can be found here: FAQ: How do I uninstall a Mod/Hack ?

Abbreviations used
MC = MasterController: Mod by Twallan
SP = StoryProgression Mod: Mod by Twallan
CC = Custom Content: cloth, objects, hair, etc from third-parties you add to your game.
DEP = Data Execution Prevention: Windows security feature.
MTS = ModTheSims: CC Site
TSR = TheSimsResource: A CC Site
Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
AHQ Tutorial

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm no longer answering posts.

Thank you all for participating.

How to find your post and my answer (only major posts)

To find your own post, make sure you write down the page you posted on. My answer is most likely in my next post.

salivacocktail suggests to set a bookmark for the thread and not the page numbers in the description. You can edit the description with more page numbers should you post more.

I'll be linking all my answer post in here, including page number.

If I said, I'll add, make sure it gets added. Search the first page to find your name and make sure I understood what you were trying to say. If you reported more than once, your name should appear next to each issue (except for the more common, smaller ones). If you're not happy with what I wrote, please restate your issue with all the info.

Latest Answers: Page 73

Earlier Answer posts: Page 73, Page 72, Page 71, Page 71, Page 69, Page 68, Page 67, Page 66, Page 66, Page 66, Page 64, Page 64, Page 63, Page 62, Page 61, Page 60, Page 59, Page 58, Page 57, Page 56, Page 55, Page 54, Page 53, Page 51, Page 49, Page 48, Page 47, Page 45, Page 42, Page 41, Page 39, Page 37, Page 35, Page 34, Page 33, Page 32, Page 30, Page 29, Page 27, Page 26, Page 25, Page 24, Page 23, Page 21, Page 20, Page 19, Page 18, Page 18, Page 17, Page 15, Page 13

Info

Please include the following info to your post

I can't help you properly if I don't have this info and it's a pain for all if I have to keep getting back to people.

Everyone

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ?
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game.

Lagging/Freezing or any other issues of more technical nature

- What EPs do you own
    - Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, they are too long for this thread). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …) ?
    - Do you have a 32 or 64 bit Operating System ?
    - Do you use any Store Premium Content ? If so Which ones ?

Graphical Issues

- Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, they are too long for this thread). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …), especially your graphic card
    - Do you have advanced rendering on (Options - Graphics)
    - What date has your graphic card driver
    - If you are unsure where to find this info, read this: Finding Devices and Updating Drivers
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited September 2012
    Common Bigger Issues with solutions

Bugs in this section do not need to be reported anymore unless you have something really new to add (like a non-mod solution=

Troubles with gardening

1. Harvest can't be queued
    2. Jumping out of actions
    3. Plants are missing from the collection journal

Reports

FrekiNGeri, CAELUM74, monaduncan, dhubhduir, Peachybitz1, TrexterZiam, monaduncan, Jenieusa, druttilur, Meganne79, kdluvshersims

Cause & Solutions

--> Fix for 1-3 in the new Overwatch. There's a problem with Sims that already have collected stuff.
    --> Details on this can be found here: Sims can’t garden properly

Home lot overrun by Zombies at any day and time

--> This issue is fixed with Patch 1.39 BUT you need to start a new game for it to take effect.

- There are Zombies during the day, during the night on full moon nights and others. There are many of them at the same time.
    - Zombie of paparazzi clones (SciFiWarlock)

Reports

daystar07, SabreMel, GinaW1169, sexycat367, TrillianColloquy, LeslieElizabeth, xoileeann

Cause & Solutions

--> It seems this is caused when you save on a full moon. Avoid saving between 5PM to 8PM the night of a full moon.
    --> Might also occur if you set the game to constant full moon (catloverplayer)
    --> EA is aware and working on a fix
    --> Overwatch fixes this in V71
    --> Details on the issue can be found here: Town overrun by Zombies

Werewolves can't be reset to their human form

Werewolves are stuck at their werewolf form. They can't be turned back.

Reports

- JazminAdore

Cause & Solutions

--> It seems this is caused when you save on a full moon. Avoid saving between 5PM to 8PM the night of a full moon.
    --> Overwatch fixes this in V71 and above
    --> Details here: Werewolves can’t change into their human form

Alchemist can't mix elixirs after a while

Alchemists level x loose the ability to mix elixirs

Reports

bored_1, simmie11, hellobingobean, simmie11, SabreMel

Cause & Solutions

--> Remove all special seeds and try again (Thank you Dawnmccarthy)
    --> Details can be found here: Sim can’t make Elixir anymore

Lunar Cycle

1. Lunar Phase does change in the middle of the day
    2. Lunar Cycle is only 4 days instead of 8 as saved in the options
    3. Changes don't seem to stick and mess up ()
    4. Every time a saved game is loaded - the full moon is in two days ()
    5. Lunar cycle reset going traveling

Reports

Nintendo277, bored_1, Snapdragon, sexycat367, LeeMortis, KuniaShazune, Penelope, Moon_Willow

Cause and Solutions

--> It seems the lunar cycle is not actually saved with the savegame itself.
    --> Saving on a full moon messes up the Zombies and Werewolves
    --> Resetting of Options might have something to do with the options not being added correctly to the options.ini file
    --> Overwatch fixes this in V71 and above
    --> Delete the options.ini file and let the game recreate a new one (make note of your current settings, they'll be lost)
    --> Details here: Lunar Cycle not working
    --> Delete the options.ini file and let the game recreate a new one (make note of your current settings, they'll be lost)

Werewolves not aging up

Inactive Werewolves are not aging up at all

Reports

scyther0589

Cause and Solutions

Werewolves can't age up if there are in there werewolf form and since most inactive are werewolves quite frequently, that leads to the issue.

--> Manually switch to the households and change them into their human form to age up
    --> Use Overwatch
    --> Details here: Werewolves not aging
    AHQ Tutorial

edited November 2012
    List of reported bugs

Invisible Sims issues
    - Thought bubble over ground. Suggestions don't work (DFGuy, ferret9005)
    - Sims perform in the ground (LaBlue0314, Silverwerehog, creatorZ, bratzgirle, Snapdragon, Hana)
    --> Use reset everything on MasterController
    --> Use edit town to edit the lot they are on (jacqpinks)
    --> Change the outfit of the Sim to everyday
    --> This bug is caused by the game forgetting to display the outfit. It's mostly career outfits
    --> Invisible Sims

Zombies
    - Social Zombies ? (JayTheWolf)
    --> Probably related to the saving on full moon bug (see above)
    - No Zombies at all (SpiderCrowWolf)
    --> If you have the SP mod, they are cleaned out as homeless (if you have that option on)
    --> Turn options to full moon and then back to dynamic after a day (roflblah)

Supernaturals

- Active Witch randomly turns into a werewolf (nathanbanks3)
    - Magic Meter does not refill when completely drained (ZeekSlider)
    --> If you have set your needs to static, the magic meter stays empty. Set them to dynamic to refill. Isn't always the cause.
    - Turned Witch has no broom in inventory (AvisCantrix)
    - Iced Sims pop out of the ice shell (bunbunnyny)
    - Witch can't use magic by hand properly (staronfire22)

- Werewolves randomly freeze while moving (BernardD)
    - Werewolf clothing/shape randomly changes (The_Wolfman_Jake, Darkling, gray_mouse)
    --> Using Dresser and Mirror make werewolves change their appearance.
    - Werewolf loose their sparkly eyes on restarting the game (Darkling, Darkling, crinrict)
    - Werewolves change during the day and not on full moon itself (Iloveferrets11)
    - Voices of female werewolves become very low (Bonabopn)

- Promise to protect with Vampires has strange effects (KuniaShazune, ecoju)
    --> Reaction depends on traits (StarlingGray)

- Fairies can't play tricks (welshierox)
    --> Does using the dresser loose them their ability (enkeli63)
    --> Resetting the Sim on MC fixes the issue.
    - Fairy child sim super stretched when talking to a tree (HayHay74)
    - Fairy can't be saved to the bin (carla70)
    --> Connected to head fairy LTR ?
    - Fairy gets stuck in fairy house (Kestris)
    - Casting of inner beauty makes all Sims in the household not being able to be mean whether they are affected by the spell or not (EatChees)

- Problems with ghost households (Richard0092)

- Supernatural children have weird skin and hair color (BernardD, BernardD)
    - Supernatural turn screw-up (CorporalRutland, GurlGamer05)
    - Children of SN have human children (HeidiMary, Kestris)
    --> Issue with StoryProgression but also seems to happen on vanilla.

Alchemy

- Elixir store cash register does not work properly (RanaAurora, GurlGamer05)
    -"Culinary Librarian" is very easy to achieve at level 5 (SeriphinaFyie, Darkling, RDorothyO)
    - Mix fail clears queue and makes skill unusable for a while (SeriphinaFyie)
    - Sim can't create Skill Booster Potion (xVee)
    - Potion vanish on re-arranging (Sim2Blade)
    - Alchemy station adds extra spawners to the lot when Sim research Alchemy (max of 3) geminiagre)
    --> Potential lag issues
    - Fertility potion does not work properly (staronfire22, FrusturatedUser)
    - Potion throwing gets stuck (Joolster)
    - Vial of enlightenment affects relationships (Creamycheese)

Bonehilda

- Bonehilda is obsessed with children & pets (AvisCantrix, KuniaShazune, crzykiller_, salivacocktail, geminiagre)
    - Bonehilda likes to disappear
    --> Click on the coffin and choose Dismiss Bonehilda. This gets her back in there you can then get her to start working again.
    - Bonehilda does not do the laundry (salivacocktail)
    - Bonehilda gets a new outfit added to her wardrobe each day (BionixWV)
    --> Fixed in Overwatch 73 and above
    - Bonehilda stops working after a while (Mandie997)
    - Bonehilda can't exit the fenced lot (Joolster)

New Objects

- Maid and butler are obsessed with the beehive (peoinee, SeriphinaFyie, AnguaUK)
    --> beehive is never clean (SeriphinaFyie)
    - Spectrum mood lamp makes Sims not able to age or change appearance anymore. Color stays (SolitaryGround)
    --> Mood Lamp – A source for Issues
    - Pile of Gems cannot be cut with gem cutter (Stormfeather. daystar07)
    --> Gem cutter doesn't cut gems
    - After hit with the tragic clown potion, Llama traveling changes Sim into tragic clown (
    lsnishi)
    - Sliding Bookcases seize to work when saved to the library and replaced (garthand)
    - Canceling the gem cutter interactions makes gems stuck in inventory (tbone25)
    - ServiceNPC try to interact with the sliding bookcase but can't (DRaKe6900)
    - Failed Bind a Ghost with Philosopher Stone causes permanent dying Sim situation (ZeekSlider)

New features

- Collection Journal has plants/fish missing (mona1996, ewilson1114)
    --> Plants missing: Happens to exiting Sims that already have a collection skill (see gardening problems above)
    --> Fish missing: Issue with Overwatch
    --> Both are fixed in Overwatch V69 and above
    - Moon is not showing up (bunbunnyny)
    --> It's sometimes high up and can only be seen by using the tab key (SpiderCrowWolf)

Gardening & Cooking

- Mushrooms show up randomly like collectible stuff. They don't appear in the Sims inventory (Nanajin, Neonivek, userkitty1969)
    --> Moving family out and back in via edit town makes the mushrooms appear.
    - "Sweeten It Up!" interaction causes jumping (Zeekslider)
    - Issues with spoiled food (GabbyGirlJ, GabbyGirlJ, Meganne79)
    --> Only happens to pre-existing food. Clean out any food you had before the patch.
    --> Also happens on new games (AnguaUK)
    --> Moon Cycle resetting influence on the food (Kikionparas) ?
    --> Connection to Restoration Ritual (chopin27)
    - Plants die instead of going to harvest (sylergcs)
    - Omni plant does not give fairy damsel or luminous salamander (LionessInMN)
    - Plants start wilting as soon as sprinklers are turned off (gonz10)
    - Bloom lowers plant quality (Skyte100)
    - Quality of the plants don't change or change randomly (Skyte100)
    - No mushrooms growing around town (Emairelhd)
    - Plants having a full grown state on the second day called mycelium (Patch only)
    --> Cause for the mycelium state identified by velocitygrass. It's not game breaking since the plant goes back to normal after the initial state.
    - Plants don't grow anymore. Stuck at a certain state (janvel831, RDorothyO, gonz10)
    --> Omni Plant seizes to grow if it's feed the new fish (Stormfeather)
    --> Money trees conflict with the gatherer trait
    - Honey and beewax quality reverts to normal on moving (saieden)
    - SN plants can't be planted (SimsFreak2005)

Traits

- Sims can't learn supernatural traits of other Sims (Combaticon)

Hobbies, Skills and collecting

- Jumping Issue with writing (Charicharn)
    --> Horror and Poetry need SN and don't work with Patch only despite being there (velocitygrass)

- Gem in pictures have different sizes (HazzaPlumbob, SabreMel)
    - Collection helper quit showing where things are when zooming out to map view (bored_1)

LTW, LTR & Wishes

- visit arboretum wish is not being fulfilled (Nintendo277)
    --> Gets registered if the Sim leaves the rabbithole after touring the arboretum (snapdragon)
    - Wishes come back immediately after being canceled (Wesmaster70, StarlingGray, peoinee, creativegal16, StarlingGray)
    - Lifetime Wish disappears ingame on aging up (luckyheather)
    - Fairy wings LTR converts back (Kestris)

Opportunity

- Opportunities get not registered as completed (janvel831)
    - Can't complete any opportunities at the school in Moonlight Falls (Spiderzzzzz)
    - When Dreams Come True opportunity can't be completed (Stormfeather, gonz10)
    - Opportunity at the school for after-school activity ceremony can't be completed (ecoju, mslele33, Enchant7676, Mandie997, TemptressUK)
    --> Replace the double rabbithole and build single ones (goes for all opportunities that can't be completed).

Relationships

- Unflirty Sims have random relationships (cadaverc)
    - Sims hate each other without a reason (catloverplayer, 3DJ4)
    --> Existing cheating issue (Stormfeather) ?
    - Autonomous love spell casting ruins relationships (shadowmel333)
    - Sims that fell in love through means of a spell don't know each other after spell wears off (SpiderCrowWolf)
    - Married Sims are not married anymore after the love spell (45rpm)
    - level 10 in the mystic branch gives blue aura that ruins relationships (revgrv)
    - Sims don't get pregnant (Motherboard, and others throughout the thread)
    - Try for Baby option does not appear (Spunkeh-87)
    --> If your Sim has the moodlet from the mood lamp, he can't try for baby (EiraRose)

Misc Issues

- Missing notifications for common, uncommon, or rare seed (foreverbmw)
    - Pop up about random sim without active Sim doing anything (Nanajin)
    --> Might have to do Sims autonomously using the magic mirror (Snapdragon)
    - Selling items through inventory makes them re-appear on the ground (DCExplorer, Snapdragon, CupcakeCorner, cadaverc, simsolated)
    --> Only happens if you sell in paused mode. Item disappears if you unpause --> Confirmation ?
    --> Also happens on unpaused games (casualangst)
    --> Inventory stuff also multiplies
    - Sims get a burned moodlet and the burned skin/ hair look when they weren't burned (bobbleheadsmommy)
    - Magically enhanced sprinkler does not auto sprinkler (Sim2Blade)
    --> Turn on, let run for a while, turn off, then it should work (ewilson1114)
    - Insurance pays way to much money for damage done by fire blast (thesims3boy)
    - Everyone gets crying baby moodlet when the baby cries even if the baby is two floor away (3DJ4)
    - Teens do homework within seconds (gonz10)
    - Two Burglars showing up at the same time (bunbunnyny)
    - Clicking on the mailbox while offline freezes the game (catloverplayer)
    - Skin randomly changing to the point where it crashes the game (AstraAlvina)
    - Careers that have work hours at night have going to work instead of working listed (Stormfeather, Snapdragon)
    - Random bus notices for no-longer ensorcelled child (HaywireHakaze)
    - Doors need re-locking when a new member is added (Mandie997)
    - Birthday cake not clickable (newrichardson)
    - One mystery gnome spawns multiple dead ones (GrandmaSnoodle, crinrict)
    - Sims that have written Horror Books can't order their books online (luckyheather)

World Adventure

- number of unique combinations reset on traveling (existing bug)
    - Inactive Sims cannot use the nectar racks in Nectaries (Snapdragon)
    - Fairy can't travel (carla70, daystar07)
    --> Sims can't travel if they are under a mystical transformation or mood lamp influence) (Schokomonsta89)
    - Display cabinet reseting and duplicating (dorenwithcats)

Ambitions

- Consignment symbol in the skills journal has disappeared (ec1ipsse, Snapdragon)
    - Ghost Hunter: Ghosts are not spawning (BernardD, Jeansoo, KaikazePanda, leep45508, Damienf519)
    --> Ghost Hunter Career is broken atm
    --> Connected to the fixed ghost behavior ? (Snapdragon)
    - Ghost Hunter opportunity gets not fulfilled (krimsonnox)
    - Read to leads to jumping (chevronfox)
    --> Maybe connected to the Drama/Poetry issue.
    - PI's cases closed often due to non-availability of the client/target (Textor)
    - Freezing issues with haverster (Sim2Blade)
    - Turned Simbot looks normal but walks like a Simbot (martys15, crinrict)
    - No random items when digging through scrap (foreverbmw)
    - Witch firefighters cast spell to extinguish fire which does not count (darktennyo)
    - Consignment store does not give pay ([url]=http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/1170/581172.page#9580926luckyheather[/url])

Late Night

- Butlers only cook when instructed to do so and are obsessed with books (casualangst, casualangst)
    - Sims don't perform their instruments (ec1ipsse)
    - Visitors are labeled as Paparazzi (AvisCantrix)
    - VIP Velvet Barrier does not have proper labels for other occult sims (Baaleos)
    - Toad Stool bar throws you out at 1 am although being open till 3 am (FadedRose)

Pets

- Animals have fairy wings (Gabbryrose, Mandie997, Crinrict)
    - Can't befriend birds anymore (existing issue) (mausigirl)
    --> Remove any special seeds from your inventory
    - Dogs stretch with the hidden door (Akila906)

Showtime

- Invasion of Showtime performers (snapdragon)

Store Items

- Metals created with the magic cauldron can't be smelted/cut and leads to jumping (chevronfox)
    --> Happens to ever metal if the first metal of that kind wasn't collected the usual way.
    - Spell book causes jumping (Delvianseek)
    - Pea Shooter: Can attack anyone. Feature ? (Rubysim, ems0309, SeriphinaFyie, masamune73, geminiagre)
    --> Minigame ? (Snapdragon)
    - Pea Shooter won't attack celebrities (Rubysim)
    - Winning on slot machine gives negative moodlet (daystar07)
    - Tree of Prosperity takes a lot longer (Joolster)
    --> On purpose ?

Unclear if bugs

- Where are the new vampire moodlets and interactions ? (samsonkflai)
    - Should we get an option to customize supernaturals when they were turned ? (Ludov)
    - Why are there no space rocks and animals in the collection journal ? (CMWarren)
    - Werewolves need longer to fill their energy while sleeping (Nirar22, gray_mouse)
    --> Seems on purpose. They don't gain the same energy amount in werewolf form.
    - Alchemy Career not progressing (yoshi_dragur2012)
    --> Only advances through consigning ?
    - Progressing in careers takes a long time (geminiagre)
    --> On purpose ?

Not bugs

- Opportunity to bring insects to science center did not get fulfilled (mausigirl)
    --> It's an opportunity that consists of several steps
    - Dog is having a bad hygiene icon and bad odor when is destruction need is low (thevampyresade)
    --> Hygiene motive is not visible, nevertheless do they need a bath from time to time.
    - Unable to complete the Mystic Healer lifetime wish. Count doesn't get bigger (DCExplorer)
    --> Only SN creatures count Use reset everything on MasterController
    - Two set of fangs in CAS (DOLLDRMS1)
    --> One is for werewolves, the other for vampires. Does using the dresser loose them their ability (enkeli63)
    - Fairy child sim super stretched when talking to a tree (HayHay74)
    - Fairy can't be saved to the bin (carla70)
    -- Potential lag issues
    - Fertility potion does not work properly (staronfire22, FrusturatedUser)
    - Potion throwing gets stuck (Joolster)
    - Vial of enlightenment affects relationships (Creamycheese)

Bonehilda

- Bonehilda is obsessed with children
    AHQ Tutorial

edited September 2012
    Other issues

CAS/CAH

The Edit in CAS cheat is NOT updated to handle supernaturals. If you want to make existing Sims into Supernaturals, you need to either use a potion or use MasterController.

- Skin tone reverting back (dementor1213, Computosaurus, DCExplorer, StarlingGray, Rubysim, EternitysShadow)
    - Magically appearing tattoo could not be removed (Nintendo277)
    - Locking makeup for all outfits in CAS seems to work intermittently if at all (DCExplorer)
    - CAS created SN revert to human (shadowmel333, Sim2Blade, Hana)
    - Clothing randomly reverts back (Svengo42, EatChees, David_Aldebaran)
    - Wing color revert back (lisamwitt, lisamwitt)
    - Testingcheats creaeted SN reverts back (shakeninsane, maverick34)
    - New traits missing and SNs don't work outside CAS (xoharley)
    - Sim converted to Genie and back kept Genie bars (Jeansoo, Jeansoo)
    - Random Sims get the genie trait (DCExplorer, maverick34, WildSkittlez)
    - Orange Sliders for genies aren't really orange (HaywireHakaze)
    --> Works ingame but not in CAS (HaywireHakaze)
    - Makeup reverts to Zombie Makeup (TemptressUK)

Buy/Build Mode

- Weird categorization and missing items (Jess1281)
    - Half Walls don't show in the game (and crash it) (Kaitieee_mac)
    - MaxiGlass French doors have a gap (Arty)
    - Prizes for building have gone up in Lucky Palms - Architect issue ? (luckyheather)

Edit Town

- Lot type list does not list all lot types (no scrollbar ?) (blueeaglesgirl)

- The alchemy table adds to spawner to the lot when Sims research alchemy (not a bug, just not well thought through)

Options

Graphical issues

- Animation for eating too spicy food is off for bar stools (Arty)

Sound issues

Make sure you update your sound drivers and delete the Cache files

- Muffled sound (bunbunnyny)
    - Sound effects from traveling with Llama get stuck (Arty)

AHQ Tutorial

edited September 2012
    Existing Bugs/ Existng Bugs fixed

Common bugs that have existed before this EP.

If you are seeing any kind of Sim Corruption as described below, please post in this thread:
    Blank or Missing Sim Icons, Missing UIs, Missing Interactions and Clones

Sim/Neighborhood Corruption
    Sim Corruption comes in all kinds of flavors and has been going on for a while. Sims get stuck (on objects, on beds, on each other), jump out of interactions, turn invisible and as a ultimate corruption you loose your UI. There's a loooong thread on the issue in the technical forum: Lags & Invisible, Frozen & Stuck Sims. I can't help out over there right now but there are lots of people with long time experience with the issue. You also find some info on it linked in the first post.

What can you do when it happens to you ?
    First thing you can try (if you are not opposed to mods that is) is try if Twallan's ErrorTrap or Overwatch can save anything. It's important that you are patch level 1.26 to use ErrorTrap. You might find ScriptErrors after that in your documents folder. Post them in Twallan's forum. He can help you out. NOT here, I can't really read most of them.

That didn't work
    If you are attached to your family/town, I would suggest, moving everything to a new town. Unfortunatly with the EA approach you loose all your relationships this way (you won't loose any skills this way). You could also use the Twallan's Porter to achieve the same AND keep your relationships.

Na, still nothing
    Then I would suggest, resetting your user data and start a brand new game. I can be hard, I know but sometimes it's the only way to still enjoy the game.

The corruption might come back after a while so I do recommend using Overwatch to prevent most of the causes of this corruption.

If really nothing helps at all, you might need to reinstall your game, clean your registry and defrag your computer.

Not fixed with Patch 1.38

- Horse Galloping issue
    - Still no wedding gifts
    - Running bug
    - Sims can't marry (gotten worse again)
    - Fish not coming back from vacation land
    - Dresser resetting age (again ?)

Fixed

- Loud sound while Sims play computer games (not on all computers though)
    - Ghost behave like pre-ambitions again (Snapdragon)
    AHQ Tutorial

edited October 2012
    Mod Issues

- Issues with Lifetime Wishes --> Outdated memory mods. After loosing a LTW because of a Mod, you need to reapply in CAS
    - Issues with Lifetime Rewards
    - Issues with Jumping out of Actions
    - Issues with missing skills
    - Issues with missing Interactions
    - Missing effects (namely fairy wings) --> NoMosaic, NoEffects
    - Zoom going crazy --> Scan for spirits increased
    - Elixir store is never open --> NoPaparazzi
    - Missing books --> Any book mods as well as new custom books such as the Harry Potter book (that's a mod too)
    - Alchemy table and beehive jumping --> Mods that deal with ingredients.

AHQ Tutorial

edited October 2012
    Tbc
    AHQ Tutorial

• murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited August 2012
    This was on Page 5 -- unacceptible!
  • turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited August 2012
    thanks for this.. it get big once supernatural is out.
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited August 2012
    murfeel wrote:
    This was on Page 5 -- unacceptible!

Right? Crinrict is the best at helping people with bugs. It's awesome :D!

• mcveighjessmcveighjess Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited August 2012
    Thank you for this! Glad to know that we're not the only ones that are suffering from enough PEPS to be getting things going now!!!
  • MiloBeanMiloBean Posts: 770 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Is bumping a thread against the rules here?
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited August 2012
    MiloBean wrote:
    Is bumping a thread against the rules here?

Nope, not unless it's the same person doing it repeatedly.

Here's another bump. Crinrict's threads are very helpful, and more people need to use her advice on how to properly prepare their game for the new EP. Not doing so is one of the main causes of bugs and other problems.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
    edited August 2012
    I'm trying to get it stickied as soon as I catch a guru online.

I appreciate everyone trying to keep it on top but I think, atm it's not necessary.
    AHQ Tutorial

• AiichiAshida382AiichiAshida382 Posts: 150 Member
    edited August 2012
    it will more than likely get stickied once the game is out. 4 more days to go! ^_^
    愛してるから始めよう
    Origin ID:Only1OfMe333
  • MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited August 2012
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? None installed at moment due to new patch
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods Usually just use Twallens mods
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) All removed and caches cleared
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? n/a
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Just Patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.38
    7. Do you have a Showtime Collection (in buy/build mode) ? N/a
    8. Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones ? New game
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA Appolosa Plains
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7

After a few minutes of game play was senidng my sim to learn gardening skill and game just stopped working with the message about it stopping working. I was playing in windowed mode
    edited August 2012
    Is it repeatable ? Does it also crash if you do something else ? Is DEP Done on your computer ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited August 2012
    2nd time it crashed just going to load again, will try full screne this time....and DEP is done upto the latest Diesel pack
  • TwistedTransistorTwistedTransistor Posts: 154 Member
    edited August 2012
    I have all EPs. I was on On Patch level 1.34.
    I used the Super Patch for NA for 1.38. I do not have SN yet.
    I removed ALL mods and a CC. I was only using Mastercontrol by Twallan. The mod was compatible.
    I am on a Windows XP
    Playing in Sunlit Tides(If that makes any difference?)
    After the patch installation completed- I got an error message reading:
    Error Number: 0x80040702
    Description: Failed to load DLL DSETUP
    Setup will now terminate.
    Then my launcher was deleted entirely and whenever I try to click any icon to get into my game it prompts me to re-install the base game.
    edited August 2012
    Oh, I just re-read over your post again. You don't help with Error Messages. My apologies, It just didn't click when I read it the first time.
    edited August 2012
    Twallan has not updated anything so MC is NOT compatible.

What do you mean by 'the launcher got deleted ?'

Do you still have any files in programs ?

EDIT: It is more of a tech problem. Try google. Found tons of threads for this issue.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited August 2012
    I took the Twallan Mod OFF I'm saying. I was using it before and then it was compatible.
    I have all files in programs except the base game... For some reason it deleted my base game data but non of my Expansion Packs data.
    The Sims Launcher is no longer on my computer now. I have no idea why.
    I will go google it! Thanks for reading anyways!
    edited August 2012
    Ah sorry. Misunderstood you then.

Try reinstalling the base game then. If the base game was removed (for whatever reason), the launcher is too.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited August 2012
    See you all in the morning
    AHQ Tutorial

• GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited September 2012
    Thank you for this thread, Crinrict (and goodnight :) )! The links are really helpful.

I'm experiencing a few issues since the latest patch. I'm not looking for support, as my pc is not quite up to spec so it's probably my fault, and it's about time I did a complete reinstall anyway. Still, I thought I'd share them here in case it helps with the information-gathering.

- Towns take about three times as long as they used to to load.
    - Build and buy modes are unplayably slow, even with graphics settings all lowest. I haven't had a chance to try live mode yet.
    - Textures look really bad, even with graphics settings quite high. I noticed this especially with the grass. It's like it hasn't finished loading.
    - In Sunlit Tides, zooming in to any lot near the sea shows sea-water where there shouldn't be any. Any buildings on the lot dissappear; the trees and plants remain but float in the sea.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? As far as mods go, just MC, but I deleted it before the update and haven't replaced. I also have a couple of hairs that I forgot to remove :oops: :oops: and probably should have, but I've got rid of them now.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? MC, deleted before update.
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Took them out
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? Haven't replaced yet - I don't think twallan has an update yet.
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 11.0.84.01817
    7. Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones ? New game
    8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA
    9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Vista
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top