Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Showtime & Patch 1.31/1.32/1.33 - Bug Thread

Comments

• eiker86eiker86 Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    My game is freezing like CRAZY! It's my first day playing the game. It's crashed once, and froze like 20 times - maybe more! Pleaaaase fix this EA!

And you are sure that this problem is from the game?
    I have been playing Showtime for a week know and my game havn't frozen.

But I got the problem with steady gig's that won't work =(
  • 45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited June 2012
    I have the problem out where my singer wont sing.
    Just no sound comes out. It just started after being
    fine since I got it and I have no cc etc.
    I know its a glitch and all the fixes suggeted dont work.
  • hazel6791hazel6791 Posts: 283 New Member
    edited June 2012
    maanio wrote:
    Hello crinrict, you're really great savior in the Forum.

After 1.33, still have some booking issues "No appearing", "Booking failed", "no pop up some friends offer in my simport report". But it's sometimes, not every booking. It's the same issues in page 1.
    Human type sims (young adult / 3 sims has each performer jobs), 5 in household, no pets in their family.
    I can avoid these issues sometimes when I try to start "new town" or restart from "main menu".

And this is new after patched to 1.33. (I haven't seen before any of this.)

I can't choose and not found "Acrobat" jobs in desktop type PC and any office. Only I can get it in notebooktype PC "XS4258p".
    "Singer" and "Magician" is no problems.

I HAVE : All EP and SP (Japanese version),
    I HAVE NO : "Mods folder" in SIMS3 document, 3rd CC objects and CAS parts

I'm afraid to too much comes new patch again and again.... :cry: sorry edited.

I've got this issue too, my option to become an acrobat has gone :-(
  • Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited June 2012
    i STILL cant get wedding gifts! The gift box is in the mailbox,i recieve the box but the ACTUAL gifts is neither in any of my sims inventories or the family inventory.I can only write thank you notes! Thank you notes for invisible gifts! I think NOT!
  • jwebbeventerjwebbeventer Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    Ok, I need help, and I'm not sure what to do. I recently installed Showtime, and there aren't any words on the new stuff. The traits, wishes, actions, professions, all that, there are no titles or descriptions for anything. They are still selectable, there's just nothing there. The game works just fine, but I can't read anything about the new Showtime stuff. The objects work and have descriptions- it's just sim-specific things that don't. There also aren't any words for the sim port or any of the other new stuff. I've tried re-installing the game and running it without custom content, but nothing works. Help please!
  • undamaged77undamaged77 Posts: 677 New Member
    edited June 2012
    eiker86 wrote:
    My game is freezing like CRAZY! It's my first day playing the game. It's crashed once, and froze like 20 times - maybe more! Pleaaaase fix this EA!

And you are sure that this problem is from the game?
    I have been playing Showtime for a week know and my game havn't frozen.

But I got the problem with steady gig's that won't work =(

The freezing started after I got showtime, so yes. About every 5 minutes it freezes for 30 seconds..
  • RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm upgraded to the newest patch. I've been having these issues since the previous patch.

1) Wedding gifts are not showing up. I saw the box this time after the new patch but they were not received.
    2) My married singer Sim (male) is no longer able to perform steady gigs after the birth of his baby. He is level 8 and has 5 steady gigs so I do not want to have to quit and start over but he's unable to get onto the stage. Mother's maternity leave is over and she is unable to return to work. Quitting her job and restarting it at a lower level has not helped. This has happened for my last three games. I have restarted this couple three times thinking it was just a one game glitch, but apparently it was not.

Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

• MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited June 2012
    I don't know if this has been reported but I lost every bonus items from Showtime after installing this patch... I have every EP & SP except for Katy Perry and I do not use mods or CC.
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited June 2012
    What I noticed is that when it hits 4 am sims time, the game will freeze...never fails, how long it freezes is variable, but since the patches it ALWAYS freezes when the clock hits that time. The freeze is even worse(meaning it lasts longer) if it is on fast speed because my sims are sleeping. Not sure why, but that is the "magic" hour.

I've had a couple of random events since the patch too where the game freezes at like 10 pm sims time, but when it unfreezes it is 4:01 am (and if they are in a club this is problematic or worse, in a group in the club, yes, all of these have happened)

Both issues had never happened before (and I play a lot) previous to the patches.
  • DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited June 2012
    After installing showtime, my newlyweds no longer receive wedding gifts. :(

They can write thank you notes.

I have all the expansions and none of the stuff packs, the only CC I have is from the store.
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • PhoxpoopPhoxpoop Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    WELL, I've added a bunch of mods, like how I did in the Sims 2, but now my game keeps crashing when I move my people in a lot. First it'll try and make me connect through broadband, but I'm already connected. And then when I go into the game it crashes. Please help!! D:
  • jwghostjwghost Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited June 2012
    hazel6791 wrote:
    maanio wrote:
    Hello crinrict, you're really great savior in the Forum.

After 1.33, still have some booking issues "No appearing", "Booking failed", "no pop up some friends offer in my simport report". But it's sometimes, not every booking. It's the same issues in page 1.
    Human type sims (young adult / 3 sims has each performer jobs), 5 in household, no pets in their family.
    I can avoid these issues sometimes when I try to start "new town" or restart from "main menu".

And this is new after patched to 1.33. (I haven't seen before any of this.)

I can't choose and not found "Acrobat" jobs in desktop type PC and any office. Only I can get it in notebooktype PC "XS4258p".
    "Singer" and "Magician" is no problems.

I HAVE : All EP and SP (Japanese version),
    I HAVE NO : "Mods folder" in SIMS3 document, 3rd CC objects and CAS parts

I'm afraid to too much comes new patch again and again.... :cry: sorry edited.

I've got this issue too, my option to become an acrobat has gone :-(

it's because have a limit for how many professions will show up, generally is just one that don't show up, sometimes daycare isn't available, and the next day it's and it made stylist unavailable and etc, just check in the next day. And you can always choose any of the Showtime professions by clicking in a proprietor.
  • wecantpickanamewecantpickaname Posts: 1,129 Member
    edited June 2012
    Good evening. I didn't see anything listed in the bugs about this. Ever since the recent store content patch this month, I've had several issues with Simport along with some of the issues listed here.

I am a vanilla player. I use no custom content(cept purchased sims 3 store), hacks nor mods. I have all SP and EPs and all worlds except Lucky Palms.
    The family that I play with include a married couple;YA male level 6 magician, YA female level 7 acrobat. They have a set of toddler triplets. The town is the current version of Barnacle Bay.

Here are the bugs that I noticed that were not listed.

1. Neither of my sims can join a simfest. I am not sure if that is a glitch or not.

2. My acrobat can not get gigs after auditioning (before getting married and after).

3. While having a birthday party, the guests leave right before the candles are blown out on the cake. I get a message saying that the guests were disappointed and no one aged up.

4. After a failed attempt to host a sim at my coffehouse. My game crashed. I fixed this. After restarting my game, I noticed a set of "twins" at the coffehouse venue. Then realized that on the nearby sidewalk, there was a frozen copy of the twins. She kept generating more and more of herself. There were at least 15 blank copies of this sim under several different names. I checked them using TCE and clicked "edit sim in create-a-sim". These clones had no personality traits nor favorites.
    7790.jpg
    7810.jpg

5. Using the chemistry lab set generates multiple lab coat outfits as career outfits.

6. Sim PULLED stroller while walking forward with arms going backwards.
    7789.jpg

7. Water trough for horses continuously spills water after being upgraded.

8. Magician sim makes friends with people in his sleep and when no one is around. He became a 5 star celebrity without building relationships.

Issues that I have that ARE listed:
    1. Magician Sim loses self interactions on public lots but not at home.

2.Scrollbar is missing from the menu to choose the type of community lot

3. Male sim has 6 cell phones and can't silence them. Female never gets calls.

4.Giving a show makes the sim loose friends

5. Not getting gifts after wedding.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • fabulizfabuliz Posts: 1,066 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm also experiencing the 'Recipe Book' error, which is likely the same problem that s0xquisite is having and is listed under 'Food and Recipes'.

I've seen two other posts that sound like they're the same problem myself and s0xquisite are having:

My sims can't learn new recipes!!

Newest update causes in-game recipe book glitch

:(
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited July 2012
    I suppose it's a little thing, but it's bothersome none the less. My sim is teleporting everywhere. She was behind her husband at the bottom of the stairs (preparing to Woo Hoo), then she was instantly up in the bed. He arrived up in the bed to do his waving her over thing and suddenly she was again downstairs. Then, while moving my sim simply teleported to the new property while his wife and child had to take a taxi.

My game is fully updated. I have all expansion packs save for Pets installed. The town I was playing in was Lucky Palms.

Another thing, my sim slept while standing up. I saw her energy was down, but I had sent her to bed ages ago so I checked upstairs and she was standing by the bed. I x'd out her sleeping and her energy was instantly full. Normally my sims do actually sleep in their bed but in this instance, she decided to partake in a little Paranormal Activity type stalking of her sleeping husband, all the while gaining energy.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • TheMIssses2011TheMIssses2011 Posts: 4
    edited July 2012
    I'm sure this is somewhere but I can't seem to find a specific solution?
    My sim went to do a gig for the 1st time and as soon as she want on stage, she disappeared...and she didn't come back. All I see is a plumbob...Any ideas?
  • losticonlosticon Posts: 215 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I'm sure this is somewhere but I can't seem to find a specific solution?
    My sim went to do a gig for the 1st time and as soon as she want on stage, she disappeared...and she didn't come back. All I see is a plumbob...Any ideas?

Mine went to go on a tour yesterday and completely vanished when the taxi arrived, even her icon was gone. Eventually the Nraas MC mod recovered her and reset her.

Mine are also teleporting all over the place as well, no idea why, it's not the snap-to thing, they literally teleport, even though I don't even use the teleporters in my game :?
  • TwielyeghtTwielyeght Posts: 50 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Revenwyn wrote:
    My married singer Sim (male) is no longer able to perform steady gigs after the birth of his baby. He is level 8 and has 5 steady gigs so I do not want to have to quit and start over but he's unable to get onto the stage. Mother's maternity leave is over and she is unable to return to work. Quitting her job and restarting it at a lower level has not helped. This has happened for my last three games. I have restarted this couple three times thinking it was just a one game glitch, but apparently it was not.

I've been having this issue for a while. Not sure what the problem is or how to fix it. Very annoying. It is always connected to the birth of a child and they are never able to get steady gigs or any gigs for that matter. They also cannot perform for tips...recently gotten worse as they are no longer able to work at any job. Doesn't matter how many times I reset the town or people or lot. Nothing works.
    Problem 2 which started happening after this latest patch (at least that's when I noticed it is that all the sims in my neighborhood save my active family are gathering at one lot and I can't make them leave. They just come right back. In the bigger picture, not too big a deal and I can work around it as I have done with the previous problem, but it is super irritating.
    All patches and expansion packs. Playing in Hidden Springs, but occurs in whatever town I play in. Mods and 3rd party cc.
  • swag6883swag6883 Posts: 377
    edited July 2012
    After a woohoo in the shower, the man gets out and gets dressed perfectly fine, but the woman spins around to change into her every day clothes, and ends up naked. No blur.
  • AnthariusAntharius Posts: 14 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Bought Showtime from the Origin store, downloaded & installed and been playing since 1st August.

1. Still unable to register the game on thesims3.com as code is invalid still (same as the Diesel Stuff pack?)
    2. The constant stuttering is still in game after all this time (have to use temp fix by deselecting CPU affinity in task manager, using 4 cores instead of 8 - seriously needs a proper fix as this has gone on too long)
    3. Invisible/disappearing sims (still an issue)
    4. Invisible/disappering UI (new one for me since installing Showtime)
    5. Freezing/Statue sims - Occasionally sims will 'strike a pose' and stay like it for a few minutes while everything carries on around them (new one for me since installing Showtime)
    6. Custom music stops playing and never comes back (usually happens after workout option changes the music)
  • daniel92234daniel92234 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Bury Alive ghost and Watery Grave ghost (the ones that die in Box of Danger) their tombstones shows that they die by fire and their pictures of themselves shows that they are living.

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Edit: They might fix this when Supernatural comes out. The fire picture on the tombstone will be replaced with Box of Danger flooded.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • JazminAdoreJazminAdore Posts: 1,434 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm posting this here because I'm only having this issue after updating to 1.36
    I have been playing for the past few days with a newly created sim, and he was finally about to get married to Suzy Strummer. I set the wedding party to be at Bridgeport acres, which I had just edited to make it more multi-purpose. Adding a bar and reception hall for the wedding, adding a stage for Showtime performers, little bits here and there. Well anywho, My sim was talking to some wedding guests while waiting for his fiance to arrive, and when she got to the park she was wearing a red dress :evil: dun, dun, dun :shock:
    I could not allow him to marry her in such a tawdry dress so I quickly typed testingcheatsenabled true into the cheatbox, and took her to cas mode :-).
    After exiting cas mode everything seemed well enough, and I had both my sim and Suzy walk over to my makeshift wedding arch (as i do not have Generations yet). He talked with her and romanced things up for a long while but the get married option wasn't available...and I would have kept trying but then my Hubby wanted me to get off the computer and go to bed :cry:, so i saved the game. Well right after the save was done processing 3 notices popped up on the side of my screen, 1) Suzy doesn't think she could've had a better date then that(she ran off then). 2)Guests were expecting a someone to get married, but noone did :oops:. 3) Garfunkul kissed Diana Jones for the first time :shock:.
    What The Fried peanutbutter and banana sandwich just happened????
    Also before I closed the game out, I looked at my sims relationships and he was still engaged to Suzy, but Diana was his Partner....He's talked to her about 2 times.
    Here are 2 pics for not much reason at all...
    574535_3987820207646_2103512006_n.jpg
    580018_3987823567730_642075655_n.jpg
    1238765_10201357648636928_204929354_n.jpg
  • mariaforcemariaforce Posts: 3
    edited August 2012
    Hello guys! :?:I play sims for a while and a few days ago i have update the game.But now it says when i try to start the launcher :
    ''You can't play when the instalation iis being prepared" and the launcher closes!i tried to delete the game but is stil doesnt work, when i put the disk in ai i try to unninstal it apear the launch with the same message! :cry:What i should do?Please help me! :(
  • BeccareeBeccaree Posts: 436 Member
    edited September 2012
    The patch has ruined my game. I don't have any mods or cc. The first time I tried to play after installing the patch it wouldn't let me save and then it crashed. I tried playing twice after that and it crashed before I even had a chance to save. :cry:
  • ASimLdyWzrdASimLdyWzrd Posts: 33 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Okay 2 bugs: 1) I sign permission slip send kids off on field trip the field trip flag never removes so they never go back to doing their afterschool activities. Last night accepted a simport however the incoming sim never showed at Friday 4:30 like it said

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top