Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Min specs for the game

Comments

• bennsydbennsyd Posts: 1,183 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Woah! My game works PERFECTLY! Never any crashes! Graphics are AMAZING (especially the water, and little details like the ants and bugs)! They did a GREAT job on making this game! I'm glad that I bought it (well, my dad) :P ! Anyways, I have a Vista (got it about 2-3 months ago). Everything runs smoothly. I'm very pleased with my purchase! Thanks dad!!! :D

LOVE IT SO DARN MUCH I PLAY ON IT FOR HOURS !!!!!!
  • SydasSydas Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Yes My Card Is Supported =) [ GTX 295 ] i am usually a guy whos plays FPS games but man this game is addicting =)
  • Mead0valeMead0vale Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I've been a Sims fan since the original was released. Before purchasing Sims 3, I did my homework and found that my laptop met or exceeded the requirements to run Sims 3.

So I bought and installed it problem-free, but I cannot run the game due to the Disk Authentication Failure error. The laptop is a Toshiba, which I see from another thread is a problem; that same thread says to contact Toshiba to fix the "problem" with my hard drive - (which works fine for everything else including the Sims 2/University and Sims Life Stories) but I don't see a "Fix Sims 3 Problem" link there. Any other suggestions?
    Thanks!

Updated to report that after some more work (checking for outdated drivers - there were none) and digging (the drive in my Toshiba is a Fujitsu, not the kind that is preventing the game to launch) I discovered there's a patch for the Sims 3. I installed it and the game now launches. :)

But I still think that since the problem affecting so many Toshiba laptops is a known one, and has no known solution to date, that it should be noted on the system requirements page to prevent unsuspecting Toshiba laptop owners from buying a game they can't run.

Cheers,
    Emma
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • blondie91702blondie91702 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Well that could very well be my problem. I have updated my drivers, close all unneccessary processes, double checked that my system meets the requirements, but no matter what - the game keeps crashing. I have a Toshiba laptop .. it's not old, and pretty high end with a decent video card.

I'm getting very frustrated. I think I will put the game away for a bit, and come back and look for a fix. It's hard to play when you never know when it will crash! :-(
  • CookieVault09CookieVault09 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    bennsyd wrote:
    Woah! My game works PERFECTLY! Never any crashes! Graphics are AMAZING (especially the water, and little details like the ants and bugs)! They did a GREAT job on making this game! I'm glad that I bought it (well, my dad) :P ! Anyways, I have a Vista (got it about 2-3 months ago). Everything runs smoothly. I'm very pleased with my purchase! Thanks dad!!! :D

LOVE IT SO DARN MUCH I PLAY ON IT FOR HOURS !!!!!!

What are the specs of you comp? :-o
    edited July 2009
    Okay Guys, I know this is annoyting by now, but man...I really need the advice.

Do you think sims 3 will play nicely on this

Pentium 4 processor
    A little less than 1 GB RAM -908 MB.
    1 Tb hard drive (external)
    GeoForce 9800 video card GX2.
    Windows XP service pack 2
  • ThSnDfLvThSnDfLv Posts: 15 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I don't know about your processor (sorry) but you're going to want to get more ram for sure.
  • ThSnDfLvThSnDfLv Posts: 15 New Member
    edited July 2009
    and I don't know about the external hard drive...
  • samwuvssimssamwuvssims Posts: 128 New Member
    edited July 2009

Pentium 4 processor

Not nicely, but your game would run. You need for RAM.
    edited July 2009

Pentium 4 processor

Not nicely, but your game would run. You need for RAM.

Like how much more?
  • Erica8100PearlErica8100Pearl Posts: 33 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'm picking up this notebook early next week from a friend who found this for me so I don't have to fork out a fortune for my birthday. Will this work?

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF05a/321957-321957-64295-321838-3955547-3687777.html

Under the Specifications tab, please disregard the Intel Dual-Core Celeron Processor T1600 (1.66GHz 1 MB L2 cache MHz FSB)

I am really looking forward to this notebook as I have been searching for a new notebook since I heard about the game.

• akeem25akeem25 Posts: 35 New Member
    edited August 2009
    My Comp Is A 2.0Ghz Dual CPU Is That Betta Or Worse???
    i Got The Game BUt It Laggs A Bit. :L
    Another Question.
    Does 0.4 GHz Make A Big Diff?
  • juliewittjuliewitt Posts: 69 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hi I need some help in getting my free town. Havn't been able to load it. Can anyone help me.
  • biancajbiancaj Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    This weekend since it was TAX FREE
    i bought a HP computer from Wal-Mart...
    and it was onli 500 dollars and it came with everything
    and the game WORKS PERFECTLY...NOT SLOW!! NO FREEZING!! NOTHING
    JUST PERFECT! :D
  • ChiinaWhiiteChiinaWhiite Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Im buying a new laptop that has 3 GB RAM which is more than required, and has a speed of 2Ghz on a dual core CPU. But its on Windows Vista. So how smoothly will the Sims 3 run? Please help!!
  • ChiinaWhiiteChiinaWhiite Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    juliewitt wrote:
    Hi I need some help in getting my free town. Havn't been able to load it. Can anyone help me.

Are you running your internet on a 64-bit browser?
  • Samzee24Samzee24 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited August 2009
    My iMac was a top of the line CPU from 2008 and it exceeds all system requirements but it still runs bad. Is it a mac only provlem or do PC users have that problem?

• WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    edited August 2009
    Sims3 runs fine on my desktop, but a lot of the time both my sister and I want to play it. I'm wondering if my laptop will run it ok or if it's not even worth installing.

Windows Vista™ Home Premium
    AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual-Core QL-60 (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
    1790MB RAM
    ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

I know the processor is less than recommended (or does the dual core change that?) and I think it's integrated graphics, so I might not have enough ram then? Please help!
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Erica8100PearlErica8100Pearl Posts: 33 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm picking up this notebook early next week from a friend who found this for me so I don't have to fork out a fortune for my birthday. Will this work?

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF05a/321957-321957-64295-321838-3955547-3687777.html

Under the Specifications tab, please disregard the Intel Dual-Core Celeron Processor T1600 (1.66GHz 1 MB L2 cache MHz FSB)

I am really looking forward to this notebook as I have been searching for a new notebook since I heard about the game.

Having problems with installation. Here's my dxdiag report.

Time of this report: 8/13/2009, 17:45:50
    Machine name: TONYA-B0B0093A5
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: HP Compaq 6730b
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 1976MB RAM
    Page File: 314MB used, 3554MB available
    Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    DAC type: Internal
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42&SUBSYS_30DD103C&REV_00
    Display Memory: 1024.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
  • DarkMimiDarkMimi Posts: 80 Member
    edited August 2009
    I believe I am having a problem with speed in the game. Not time speed, just overall speed in the game. I thought I had all the right specs, but I may be wrong. Does anyone mind helping me out? I even considered removing all my Sims 2 data... even though I really don't want to delete a whole two years worth of achievements.

Windows Vista Home Basic
    Intel (R) Prentium (R)Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.14 GHz
    3.00 GB RAM
    Mobile Intel (R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Not to mention, I JUST installed Service Pack 2 for Vista... I'm missing my XP... and Windows 7 is taking much too long to come out.
  • KIMKYOKKIMKYOK Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I don't know if this was asked already but I'll ask it again...sorry!

But I'm having troubles with the sims 3 sometimes. I just upgraded my Vista Laptop to a 2.5 gig and it runs faster then it ever did, but for some strange reason the Torso doesn't align with the legs. Every time I try to make them skinny or buff it moves out of place. And sometimes it works fine! Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thank you!
  • blondie91702blondie91702 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I posted earlier that, even tho my Toshiba laptop meets and exceeds the minimum requirements.. I was having frequent crashes.

I found out, if I just let the game sit (when it stops responding) it will eventually come back, and I can save my progress.

It seems to be happening less too .. but will still happen now and then. It does seem to happen more when I have a bigger house and more people in it.

Thanks for all the advice!!

Happy playing!
  • macayla131macayla131 Posts: 150 New Member
    edited August 2009
    My laptop failed on two counts on 'Can You Run It?' but my game still works. :lol:
  • Allison18Allison18 Posts: 399 Member
    edited March 2010
    I wish that EA would stop having their gurus post the requirements in the forum..because thats what they do whenever a question like this pops up instead of saying a patch will be made or something.
    i just want to make my sims unique! can they please try and come out with a patch after their done with the sims 3 ambitions!!! :x
    ch_dadpost.gif
  • sundancer16sundancer16 Posts: 77 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I know absolutely nothing about these words, what they mean, and how they relate to the sims. Could someone please tell me why I am having trouble playing the sims in regards to my stats?

Windows 7
    Intel Pentium processor P6000 1.86 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache
    Intel HD graphics
    3 GB DDR3 memory
    250 GB HDD
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top