Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing Objects Ugh! *updated 5th post down*

Why do I have missing store items every time I play my game? They will be there one day and gone the next. Anyone know why this is happening?

Comments

• Candygurl84Candygurl84 Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited January 2012
    :?: bump
    edited January 2012
    One more bump :?: Hoping for answers
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited January 2012
    can't help... have same problem...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited January 2012
    :(
    anettesb wrote:
    can't help... have same problem...
    edited January 2012
    So I haven't got any responses but I still want to update.
    So i re-installed all the missing items. Launched my game and they still are not in my game. I really want to get this fixed. I guess I will not purchase anything else from the store or download gifts until I can get this fixed. A lot of my items just will not show up in game anymore... :( Stinks!
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited January 2012
    Two suggestions:

Delete the file missingdeps.idx in DCCache and see if everything is showing up again.

If that doens't help, you will probably need to reinstall ALL your store content

- Go to DCCache and move all *.ebc files to the desktop
    - Delete the missingdeps.idx
    - Now all store content should show as not installed.
    - Reinstall everything BUT don't choose all of them. Do it in portions. The *.ebc files that are generated should not be over 200-300 MB in size. If you choose to many, you end up with files that are 1 GB or more. In my experience, the game doesn't like that too much.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited January 2012
    that is what I'm doing... but it missed an item or 2.... so I'm curently checking it to be sure it is there... then putting it back in... aperently 200-300 mb was to much for my pc.... or the numbers of items counts as well?....

Decided to after this make folders of smaller numbers of items...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited January 2012
    I don't think the amount of them counts. I just noticed that when the file was very big, my launcher got very very laggy. Haven't played much so I can't account for the ingame issues.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited January 2012
    well I itend to test that, if it help keep the numbers of items down...
    it allso apear to be primarely items you own as singel items that have a problem, not sets....
    edited January 2012
    Thanks so much for your response! I'm going to try your suggestions in the morning!
    crinrict wrote:
    Two suggestions:

Delete the file missingdeps.idx in DCCache and see if everything is showing up again.

If that doens't help, you will probably need to reinstall ALL your store content

- Go to DCCache and move all *.ebc files to the desktop
    - Delete the missingdeps.idx
    - Now all store content should show as not installed.
    - Reinstall everything BUT don't choose all of them. Do it in portions. The *.ebc files that are generated should not be over 200-300 MB in size. If you choose to many, you end up with files that are 1 GB or more. In my experience, the game doesn't like that too much.