Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition not availabe in Belgium?

Comments

• fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited August 2011

Oh you deleted after I answered you, sorry. You're right though
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited August 2011
    jonisha_x wrote:

Bart Smit and E-plaza are two company's that have stores in Belgium and the Netherlands, they have the same management and the items they sell are stocked in the same places, but still they only sell the sims 3 pets limited edition only in the Netherlands, can you explain that to me then? I don't want to be rude, we don't make accusations, I've called stores already, they said they weren't asked if they wanted to sell the LE? So before you start saying that we didn't think and just started to make accusations, please, I never said anything bad about EA or the sims 3, I only said it was unfair, if you were in the same position wouldn't you be disapointed?

Did you follow up by asking them to order the Limited Edition of Pets from Electronic Arts? It's not too early for them to place an order. EA doesn't have to ask them anything; it's the *retailer's* responsibility to place the order in the first place; EA, like other game manufacturers sends out notices of what new games are coming out so that the retailers can place their orders in a timely fashion. That's the way retail works. If these retailers know they're going to be making money hand over fist by selling the Limited Edition, then there's no real reason why they shouldn't already have placed their orders. Again, you're putting all the blame on EA and not on the retailers themselves. If they're selling the Limited Edition only in the Netherlands, then it's because the stores who are carrying the product ordered the product from EA in the first place.

The retailers aren't the victims here; they're the ones who decided not to carry the product. Either they aren't aware of it, or they aren't interested enough to order it and don't think there's enough profit in it for them to spend the money.
    If you want your local retailers to carry the game in Belgium, then you all need to get on the ball and mount a campaign to get them to order the Limited Edition so that they'll have plenty of stock available come release day. If I were in your position, that's what I'd be doing...even if it meant going all the way to the head of the game store chain to find out what's going on. I can guarantee you that it's not a question of EA's withholding the product from European retailers. That simply would not make sense.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • beba2twinbeba2twin Posts: 744 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I also live in Belgium. Why wouldn't they sell the limited edition here? :cry:
  • Maximilian1996Maximilian1996 Posts: 1,412 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I'm from Germany, and I want this ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ limited edition! >:O
  • Simul8orStimul8orSimul8orStimul8or Posts: 108
    edited August 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    jonisha_x wrote:

Bart Smit and E-plaza are two company's that have stores in Belgium and the Netherlands, they have the same management and the items they sell are stocked in the same places, but still they only sell the sims 3 pets limited edition only in the Netherlands, can you explain that to me then? I don't want to be rude, we don't make accusations, I've called stores already, they said they weren't asked if they wanted to sell the LE? So before you start saying that we didn't think and just started to make accusations, please, I never said anything bad about EA or the sims 3, I only said it was unfair, if you were in the same position wouldn't you be disapointed?

Did you follow up by asking them to order the Limited Edition of Pets from Electronic Arts? It's not too early for them to place an order. EA doesn't have to ask them anything; it's the *retailer's* responsibility to place the order in the first place; EA, like other game manufacturers sends out notices of what new games are coming out so that the retailers can place their orders in a timely fashion. That's the way retail works. If these retailers know they're going to be making money hand over fist by selling the Limited Edition, then there's no real reason why they shouldn't already have placed their orders. Again, you're putting all the blame on EA and not on the retailers themselves. If they're selling the Limited Edition only in the Netherlands, then it's because the stores who are carrying the product ordered the product from EA in the first place.

The retailers aren't the victims here; they're the ones who decided not to carry the product. Either they aren't aware of it, or they aren't interested enough to order it and don't think there's enough profit in it for them to spend the money.
    If you want your local retailers to carry the game in Belgium, then you all need to get on the ball and mount a campaign to get them to order the Limited Edition so that they'll have plenty of stock available come release day. If I were in your position, that's what I'd be doing...even if it meant going all the way to the head of the game store chain to find out what's going on. I can guarantee you that it's not a question of EA's withholding the product from European retailers. That simply would not make sense.

Jarsie is correct here; if EA really are the money grubbers people seem to accuse them of being, it would make sense they would make it very available. Your retailers are the issue; Gurus have posted that they are doing their very best to work with retailers and get it into your hands; with two months to go before it is released it is definitely not too late for someone to get a material copy. I've advised waiting because there is still a ton of time left! Ask your retailers, ask your friends to ask retailers to get it!

That's how this works; it's unfortunate that people cry discrimination because they don't have it near you yet. If it truly is, then it's your own region discriminating against you, and not EA! It's also sad that Jarsie tried to make people understand and probably got reported for it; she clearly has experience with this.
  • Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited August 2011
    yanti68 wrote:
    I just read a note from one of the EA Benelux Simgurus that the Limited edition of pets will not be available in the Belgian stores. If we want the limited edition we have to download it from Origin. I would like the disc version and not the downloadable version. This is discrimination and makes me upset. :cry::cry:

Oh it'll be alright now worries :D

And it's not discrimination, its up to the retailers of your country to choose whether or nor they are going to stock the product and with all this time to go, who knows perhaps it will happen. And if not the download off of Origin isn't so bad, it'll all work out.
  • Westess13Westess13 Posts: 153
    edited August 2011
    Ok, I know this is very upsetting and although I'm not in your position where I can't obtain it, this is definitely NOT discrimination. You must realize that several countries aren't able to purchase the limited edition YET, and even if the day comes where it's released and you haven't been able to purchase the limited edition, just like someone else said, there is going to be thousands of copies of limited edition sims 3 pets floating around days even hours after its release. EA is just not able to get a retailer to sell them, not even in parts of the UK if not the whole UK.
    edited August 2011
    beba2twin wrote:
    I also live in Belgium. Why wouldn't they sell the limited edition here? :cry:

Call your local game retailer and ask them why they haven't ordered the Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition from EA yet.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
    edited August 2011

Call your local game retailer and ask them why they haven't ordered the Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition from EA yet.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • AnimastarAnimastar Posts: 342 Member
    edited August 2011
    yanti68 wrote:
    I just read a note from one of the EA Benelux Simgurus that the Limited edition of pets will not be available in the Belgian stores. If we want the limited edition we have to download it from Origin. I would like the disc version and not the downloadable version. This is discrimination and makes me upset. :cry::cry:

That is not discrimination. It's just a lack of availability in your country. Why? Who knows, but no game producers are required to make every single game/feature/whatever they make available to every single country in existence.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited August 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:

You should work for EA 's publicity dept the way you continually suck up to them and spout anything that is in their interests .
    Games retailers can only order what EA and other games companies let them know they are releasing . So if EA do not tell a retailer they are releasing a LE version or as in the UK restrict it to an onlne sales only company then there is not much the retailers can do apart from sell the standard version .
    This seems to me that in Belgium Ea are hoping to get a retailer to jump in and hand over a nice fat cheque like Play.com have in the UK to get sole rights and no matter whether it means players cannot get that edition .
    edited August 2011
    Double Post
    edited August 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:

You should work for EA 's publicity dept the way you continually suck up to them and spout anything that is in their interests .
    Games retailers can only order what EA and other games companies let them know they are releasing . So if EA do not tell a retailer they are releasing a LE version or as in the UK restrict it to an onlne sales only company then there is not much the retailers can do apart from sell the standard version .
    This seems to me that in Belgium Ea are hoping to get a retailer to jump in and hand over a nice fat cheque like Play.com have in the UK to get sole rights and no matter whether it means players cannot get that edition .

This is incorrect entirely. It doesn't matter whether you like or hate EA; logic should tell you this isn't right.

Retail companies are always aware of what is coming out. My time managing gaming retail outlets often had huge lists that I waded through and then made available to customers. Retailers can't make money if they aren't communicating to their customers and letting them know what they will have in stock, or creating interest in certain titles.

I imagine Belgium retailers work similarly, because they are in the business of making money.

I don't understand how you consider having retail experience as sucking up to EA. EA can't make money if they aren't making the LE available to anyone to buy, but you can't make a retailer buy what it doesn't want. That's how these things work.

Sheesh.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Hmmm, just because she expresses a opinion she's a EA flunky, Bad choice of words if you ask me. Everything you just posted is nothing more than speculation being you do not have first hand knowledge. I was going to let this slide but when you start chastising people because some people do like EA products and you don't and if they are not in synch with your opinion you use words to chastise. Yeah it is sad certain countries is not getting a hard copy but that is subject is out of our hands and is in EA hands. Also, She did make a suggestion that is neutral in nature and I know sometimes she comes off harsh, but in this situation you overstepped. :!:
    Omen by HP Intelยฎ๏ธ Coreโ„ข๏ธ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intelยฎ Coreโ„ข i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited August 2011
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Hmmm, just because she expresses a opinion she's a EA flunky, Bad choice of words if you ask me. Everything you just posted is nothing more than speculation being you do not have first hand knowledge. I was going to let this slide but when you start chastising people because some people do like EA products and you don't and if they are not in synch with your opinion you use words to chastise. Yeah it is sad certain countries is not getting a hard copy but that is subject is out of our hands and is in EA hands. Also, She did make a suggestion that is neutral in nature and I know sometimes she comes off harsh, but in this situation you overstepped. :!:

I appreciate you backing Jarsie up, but the one thing that is wrong here is that it isn't in EA's hands but in the regional retailers, which is what we have been trying to explain to people forever ><
    edited August 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Just so you know that is a bunch of bull. I know everyone around here thinks that EA is a bunch of money sucking demons and all that, but the truth is and this goes for ALL forms of retail; that the retailers must absolutely order what they sell, regardless of how mad you all are at EA that's the truth and the way it works doesn't change just to make you feel better. This forum has gotten way out of hand and way out of touch with reality. As for the exclusive to play.com BS, who cares? It's not like is unavailable, you have the ability to make the purchase if you don't like the place it comes from and that's gonna stop you then so be it. I can't be mad that my local grocery store doesn't supply my favorite soda, I just boot strap it like an adult and get it where I can. Same concept. Honestly this is getting way ridiculous. The mental gymnastics some people on here do to try to justify all of their ill-thought out poorly constructed complaints. Some stuff is just beyond sensible and goes just flat out, without reason.
    edited August 2011
    You and your hair bows are my new hero Kail :)
  • GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited August 2011
    Actually, there is no right answer. In some circumstances, companies like EA would send out notices to retailers warning them or informing them of their product - particularly if they dispatch them to a distribution office who supplies places like Play, Amazon, Game, Tesco, Sainsbury's etc. They do this because a retailer is naturally going to be confused if they see two products and wonder why one is called Limited and the other one not. So if there are two, the distribution office OR the organisation behind the game (e.g. EA) will inform the retailer before they stock up.

However, you also get circumstances where the organisation will sell exclusive rights or personally inform retailers, or get the distrubition office to do it on their part. So Play.com, Game etc. would not know of a Limited Edition until they either email Electronic Arts (or the D.O.) or are approached personally by them. So in this instance, EA will distribute a Limited Edition box to Play.com with a standard game disc inside, with the additional piece of paper that tells you how to redeem the exclusive content.

Or at least, that's what I remember reading. All games are standard edition, just the ones labelled "Limited Edition" come with the usual piece of paper inside informing you off the additional content, with a download serial number and URL which is unique to your box - much like the Collector's Edition of the Base Game.
    edited August 2011
    You and your hair bows are my new hero Kail :)

Why thank you so much I'm honored. :D
    edited August 2011
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:

I appreciate you backing Jarsie up, but the one thing that is wrong here is that it isn't in EA's hands but in the regional retailers, which is what we have been trying to explain to people forever ><

No it is very much in EA's hands . I have worked for a games retailer and the games companies sent us lists of their products they are releasing . If a games company ONLY lists the standard edition then it is NOT up to the games retailer to ring every time and ask if the company is also releasing a Limited Edition , we ordered what was on that list that we thought would sell . If no Belgian retailers are advertising the LE then it is more likely that no mention of an LE edition was on any list sent out by Ea. Games companies will often contact the retailers head offices direct asking if they are interested in exclusive deals but it seems Belgium is being left out or like in the Uk only available from an online company that was recently hacked and has a lousy reputation for service which puts people off dealing with them.
  • kuroi_nekomatakuroi_nekomata Posts: 817 Member
    edited August 2011
    Well, that is about my experience described already in the other thread here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/660/394068.page#6105390
    edited August 2011
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:

No it is very much in EA's hands . I have worked for a games retailer and the games companies sent us lists of their products they are releasing . If a games company ONLY lists the standard edition then it is NOT up to the games retailer to ring every time and ask if the company is also releasing a Limited Edition , we ordered what was on that list that we thought would sell . If no Belgian retailers are advertising the LE then it is more likely that no mention of an LE edition was on any list sent out by Ea. Games companies will often contact the retailers head offices direct asking if they are interested in exclusive deals but it seems Belgium is being left out or like in the Uk only available from an online company that was recently hacked and has a lousy reputation for service which puts people off dealing with them.

I have managed game retailers and if you don't know about product, you're not doing your job. With all of the game conventions, retailer conventions, and interaction between retailers and publishers, it's almost impossible not to know about product, including all of the versions.

It's not in EA's hands; only the retailer can decide if they want to stock product. However, as Gommel said you often gets lists of what is coming out; they don't always say LE, but EA wants to make that sale. So I would consider it highly unlikely that they aren't telling retailers about the LE. Once you sell to a retailer, it's a solid sale. You don't have to worry about a fluctuating market, customer interest, reviews etc. You've already got a commitment and now the retailer has to try to sell what they've bought.

EA is in the business of making money; if your local retailer doesn't have this or aren't looking at stocking it, then start a petition to get them to stock it. Coming to the boards to say HEY EA WE DON'T HAVE THIS IN BELGIUM probably isn't going to fix your problem. Just as when the UK didn't have it, they were told alot of regions were still in talks to get all of the details worked out. With Gamescom about to be in full swing, I wouldn't be surprised if information coming out of there got retailers excited and got them stocking the game.
  • beba2twinbeba2twin Posts: 744 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I think for the people in Belgium, including me, I have some good news:

http://www.bartsmit.com/shop/productDetail.php?fh_params=fh_secondid=461954&fh_location=%2F%2Fbartsmit%2Fnl_NL&amp;utm_source=reminder&amp;utm_medium=internet&amp;utm_campaign=bs&amp;utm_term=461954

This website says that if you make a reservation now, you'll get notified when its available and they say that if you order now, you'll get the limited edition for the same price as the normal pets version...
  • ThePianistThePianist Posts: 31 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Does anyone know if the Limited Edition is available in Taiwan or how I can find out? :)
  • noisygirlkknoisygirlkk Posts: 5 New Member
    I have downloaded it from the dashboard inside the game using [url=https://www.purevpn.com/servers/thailand-vpn]thailand vpn[/url]. My friend told me that you should see it and i'll be able to install it fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top