Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition not availabe in Belgium?

Comments

• fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited August 2011
    I don't think it's a matter of discrimination. Have any of you tried to contact your local game retailers to find out why they are not selling copies of the Limited Edition Pets game?

EA has a vested interest in selling their game through as many outlets as it can, so it is illogical that they would refuse to carry the Limited Edition of Pets through either Belgium or the Netherlands retailer, *unless the retailers themselves refuse to carry the game*. EA knows that they have a huge fanbase in Europe; that's why they have all these fan events based in Europe all the time, while we in the US get one fan event in California *if we're lucky*.

So, instead of coming over here and hollering discrimination, and claiming that EA only cares about its American contingent, why not try going to the source of your discontent, mainly the big game stores that usually carry Sims 3 products and ask *them* why they're not willing to order the disk copies from EA so that they can turn around and sell them to you? EA's not going to ship the games to any retailer that doesn't order it from them first. So, please, contact your local game retailers and find out the facts of the matter before you come over here making accusations.

Ignore her, she's on some crusade to prove to herself that this isn't really happening. We've already felt her force on threads about the UK issues and she has already been reported for it. She seems to spend her time looking for threads like this and then flaming them with her judgmental and arrogant attitude. Luckily not all American people are like this and not all people on the site are.

I'll continue to nose around and see if I can find anything out for you, I might well go for the French version too but if you don't have it, they might not. Time will tell. if I find anything out, I'll be sure to let you know. If you find anything, can you post so that other Belgians in the same position can see it please.

• jonisha_xjonisha_x Posts: 26
    edited August 2011
    I don't think it's a matter of discrimination. Have any of you tried to contact your local game retailers to find out why they are not selling copies of the Limited Edition Pets game?

EA has a vested interest in selling their game through as many outlets as it can, so it is illogical that they would refuse to carry the Limited Edition of Pets through either Belgium or the Netherlands retailer, *unless the retailers themselves refuse to carry the game*. EA knows that they have a huge fanbase in Europe; that's why they have all these fan events based in Europe all the time, while we in the US get one fan event in California *if we're lucky*.

So, instead of coming over here and hollering discrimination, and claiming that EA only cares about its American contingent, why not try going to the source of your discontent, mainly the big game stores that usually carry Sims 3 products and ask *them* why they're not willing to order the disk copies from EA so that they can turn around and sell them to you? EA's not going to ship the games to any retailer that doesn't order it from them first. So, please, contact your local game retailers and find out the facts of the matter before you come over here making accusations.

Ignore her, she's on some crusade to prove to herself that this isn't really happening. We've already felt her force on threads about the UK issues and she has already been reported for it. She seems to spend her time looking for threads like this and then flaming them with her judgmental and arrogant attitude. Luckily not all American people are like this and not all people on the site are.

I'll continue to nose around and see if I can find anything out for you, I might well go for the French version too but if you don't have it, they might not. Time will tell. if I find anything out, I'll be sure to let you know. If you find anything, can you post so that other Belgians in the same position can see it please.

I'm going to make some more calls when I get home, I'll let you know when I've found a solution =)
    edited August 2011
    I suppose you could always revert to the play.com thing, but most of us don't even want to use them. They don't take paypal so I'm not sure about bank and credit cards in your country for them, I know there are issues with that in some places.

The only way we can all work this out is if we are all left alone to help each other. I know it might seem weird to some but over here we are all part of the EU, we are all European and we do tend to help each other if we can.

I'll get back to you if I find an availability for you somewhere else, I'm about to do a good search from this end for you, I have some time to spare.
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited August 2011
    I've left a quick post in the Q&A thread about it, SimGuruSemedi might not be able to tell me anything but I've still asked.

And yeah ignore Jarsie, I don't think she understand what 'exclusive' means. Just report her for harassment and move on :)
    edited August 2011
    I've been trying to get a list of retailers together over here

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/408698.page
    Just report her for harassment and move on

Been done, but I see her accomplice is on the main thread, so I'm about to find out what her gripe with us is today, lol
    edited August 2011
    This will likely come up as a doubler as I can't see the one I just did to edit it. I meant the Why are we waiting thread.
    edited August 2011
    Thank you =) that's very nice of you both <3
    edited August 2011
    No problem, but we're not much help I'm afraid, I'm coming up with nothing so far really. I'll keep trying but I just wish I could be of more help to you.
    edited August 2011
    You tried, you don't even know me but you're still trying to help me, that's not nothing =)
  • GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited August 2011
    Darkslayer wrote:
    I've left a quick post in the Q&A thread about it, SimGuruSemedi might not be able to tell me anything but I've still asked.

And yeah ignore Jarsie, I don't think she understand what 'exclusive' means. Just report her for harassment and move on :)
    Hmm, maybe I should of just ignored her than reply to her insulting post in that thread. Ah well, someone had to remind her what the forums are and who they are for.

EA just seem to be digging themselves a huge hole with these problems. I think after Pets I may leave The Sims franchise, Electronic Arts have virtually destroyed it, and the games lack passion and content nowadays. I may as well just be playing an adventure role-playing game, the sandbox days are well and truely over :/
    edited August 2011
    No, you did right to say how you feel, they've been trying to bully us and it has to be over, let this be the end of it and just all ignore their immature posts from now on.

I haven't forgotten about these girls, I'm still trying but I can't find a thing for them.
  • PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited August 2011
    hate to break it to you Fluttereye but you can't report someone for voicing their opinion, she wasn't bullying you,
    edited August 2011
    hate to break it to you Fluttereye but you can't report someone for voicing their opinion, she wasn't bullying you,
    This is true. If anything, she was being discriminatory by telling people who are not American to not come here.
    edited August 2011
    No, I know she wasn't bullying me =) and I am new to this forum so I didn't know who she was and what I needed to do, so I'm very sorry
    edited August 2011
    jonisha_x wrote:
    No, I know she wasn't bullying me =) and I am new to this forum so I didn't know who she was and what I needed to do, so I'm very sorry
    Ah sorry we were talking about someone else. fluttereyes is being rather helpful to you, so we won't call her a bully as that would be pretty silly :P Did you think we were talking about fluttereyes?
    edited August 2011
    No, no I know it's about Jarsie9, no Fluttereyes is being very helpful and kind =)
    edited August 2011
    I did respond to the pothers but I decided to delete it, it's not fair to these girls to argue on their thread.

You have done absolutely nothing wrong and there was nothing you could do, it's shocking that you are made to feel that way, and if I had a part in that, then I'm sorry.

I did search for ages and didn't find a thing for you. I will watch over the coming weeks though for European retailers and if I see anything, I'll let you know. Someone on my own forum might know something, don't give up yet.
    no Fluttereyes is being very helpful and kind

Because your very nice and I want to help you.

• yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited August 2011
    I don't know whether you speak Flemish or french, but I though it was available in France if that helps. I could be wrong though.

What I do know is that EP's don't come with the language hard coded. If you installed the base game with your referred language, then putting in one from France would still come up with your language. Hope you know what I mean. The language files are already in the base game files, so it would go by them. I thought about getting it from Europe and installing it here to play in English.

Basically we could get it from, anywhere in Europe and it should install with our chosen language, I'd like confirmation on that though. I think I'll post about it and see if I can get an answer.

Well, I am concerned about the compatibility issue. Suppose I get a French copy of the Limited Edition or a English copy of the limited edition (from play.com) will it work with my game? The language in my game is dutch. Some people say that they do and some people are not sure. So I do not want to waste my money getting a French game which may or might not work. Thanks for helping. I appreciate it. :D
    edited August 2011
    yanti68 wrote:
    Well, I am concerned about the compatibility issue. Suppose I get a French copy of the Limited Edition or a English copy of the limited edition (from play.com) will it work with my game? The language in my game is dutch. Some people say that they do and some people are not sure. So I do not want to waste my money getting a French game which may or might not work. Thanks for helping. I appreciate it. :D
    Hey yanti68. Apparently all Sims games (minus the base game) are not language/region locked, as they work on what the language and region of the base game is. So in theory, a version from the UK or France should work in Belgium. You will have to get confirmation from others and EA though, but this is what we've been told before.
    edited August 2011
    I did search for ages and didn't find a thing for you. I will watch over the coming weeks though for European retailers and if I see anything, I'll let you know. Someone on my own forum might know something, don't give up yet.
    no Fluttereyes is being very helpful and kind

Because your very nice and I want to help you.

Thank you so much =)
    edited August 2011
    Well, I am concerned about the compatibility issue. Suppose I get a French copy of the Limited Edition or a English copy of the limited edition (from play.com) will it work with my game? The language in my game is dutch. Some people say that they do and some people are not sure. So I do not want to waste my money getting a French game which may or might not work. Thanks for helping. I appreciate it.
    I asked this specific question on a separate thread and have had no response. I think we all need to be clear on that as some people say yes and some say no, I'd think yes, but then I just read the Origin terms of service and something in there tells me we need confirmation on this from a Guru. Told you I've been trying, I posted the thread yesterday. Maybe you two can help keep it alive till the answer is given, it's important for you to find out.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/421129.page#6058077
    You will have to get confirmation from others and EA though, but this is what we've been told before.

An EA confirmation is essential as Origin is needed to download the additional content and I just read the terms of service you sign, it mentions regions but it's very vague, so I'd say people need to wait till EA give the go ahead on that. I'd also say that if we keep it on the front page of this board for a few days and they don't respond, then that would be our answer. There is something about legal entitlement to items from other regions or something, I'm having someone take a look to see what they think it implies. No point paying for something you can't use, I hope you can.

Though if a disc isn't regionally coded, then how can the terms of service mean that? Confirmation is needed to be sure.
    edited August 2011
    sorry, double post, have to do it to make the other one I did show as it's important. I do apologise.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited August 2011
    Ea have consistently been losing money these last few years so WHY are they so serious in alienating their customers all over Europe .To me it would make sense to have the LE available in as many countries as possible and at as many outlets not restrict it . Reading the Pets thread there now seems to be more people complaining than actually looking forward to this EP .Ea should seriously rethink their whole customer service stategy before it turns round and bites them on the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 .
    edited August 2011
    It's simple, they've got themselves so caught up on worrying about illegal downloaders that they are focusing on stopping that and forgetting about the people who do pay the money.

This is all about making people use Origin one way or another. Even if you get the disc, you still have to download the content so you will need to install Origin.

I won't go into it, but you can read the terms of service for Origin and that will make it clearer, no wonder the Guru's can't say a word and I don't expect they agree with all of this anyway, there's nothing they can do.
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited August 2011
    deleted
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top