Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to Fool Your Game Into Giving You Full Clubs

Comments

• NicoruNicoru Posts: 60 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I have a possibly dumb question but I am not a big programmer, if I change the settings 4,3,3,3 will it cause any major issues I don't want to over load my computer.
  • phantasyemotionsphantasyemotions Posts: 277 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Kolby wrote:
    I need help! I uninstalled ALL of my Sims 3 games in the right order. I did some cleaning, (Disk Cleanup, Defrag) and then I reinstalled Sims 3. Everything was fine until it was done installing, I checked my documents and there was no Electronic Arts folder. :?

So.. I loaded up the game to see if that would generate the folder (which it did) however, when I got to the main screen after it loaded, I got the notification "We did not find your graphics card" or whatever. The same one that popped up before, when I messed up on the CPU adjusting. I went into Options and moved all my graphical options to the highest settings (except high-detailed lots). I exited the game, checked for the EA folder in my documents. (It did show up). Deleted the caches, reloaded the game. No message. Opened a new Sunset Valley, played the tutorial, saved, Main Menu, deleted the save, quit, deleted the caches again. I checked the DeviceConfig and it has my graphics card listed, but it says 0.
    Here is what is says:
    === Graphics device info ===
    Number: 0
    Name (driver): ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730
    Name (database): ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 [Found: 0, Matched: 0]
    Vendor: ATI
    Chipset: Vendor: 1002, Device: 68c0, Board: 02****28, Chipset: 0000
    Driver: atiu9pag.dll, Version: 8.14.1.6091, GUID: D7B71EE2-2B80-11CF-5364-FF22A1C2C535
    Driver version: 6091
    Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
    Texture memory: 4080MB
    Vertex program: 3.0
    Pixel program: 3.0
    Hardware TnL: 1

Something is not right. Why is it still messed up? I want to uninstall again because I know it can't be right.

EDIT: Could it be that I should uninstall EADM as well? Then get the new one once I uninstall + reinstall Sims 3?

Ugh, that sounds like a mess. It probably has to due with the fact that you have an ATI graphics card. I have one too (mobility 5870) and it's a pain in the butt. It messes everything up. I had to reinstall my OS because I was having a major malfunction with it. When I reinstalled the sims I got the same "can't detect graphics card" error, but it hasn't really effected my game since.

Aside from that error, is the game running? No graphical problems like black landscapes and whatnot?
  • phantasyemotionsphantasyemotions Posts: 277 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Nicoru wrote:
    I have a possibly dumb question but I am not a big programmer, if I change the settings 4,3,3,3 will it cause any major issues I don't want to over load my computer.

Nope, that's exactly how I set it and it works wonderfully.
  • KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited December 2010
    Kolby wrote:
    I need help! I uninstalled ALL of my Sims 3 games in the right order. I did some cleaning, (Disk Cleanup, Defrag) and then I reinstalled Sims 3. Everything was fine until it was done installing, I checked my documents and there was no Electronic Arts folder. :?

So.. I loaded up the game to see if that would generate the folder (which it did) however, when I got to the main screen after it loaded, I got the notification "We did not find your graphics card" or whatever. The same one that popped up before, when I messed up on the CPU adjusting. I went into Options and moved all my graphical options to the highest settings (except high-detailed lots). I exited the game, checked for the EA folder in my documents. (It did show up). Deleted the caches, reloaded the game. No message. Opened a new Sunset Valley, played the tutorial, saved, Main Menu, deleted the save, quit, deleted the caches again. I checked the DeviceConfig and it has my graphics card listed, but it says 0.
    Here is what is says:
    Driver: atiu9pag.dll, Version: 8.14.1.6091, GUID: D7B71EE2-2B80-11CF-5364-FF22A1C2C535

Something is not right. Why is it still messed up? I want to uninstall again because I know it can't be right.

EDIT: Could it be that I should uninstall EADM as well? Then get the new one once I uninstall + reinstall Sims 3?

Ugh, that sounds like a mess. It probably has to due with the fact that you have an ATI graphics card. I have one too (mobility 5870) and it's a pain in the butt. It messes everything up. I had to reinstall my OS because I was having a major malfunction with it. When I reinstalled the sims I got the same "can't detect graphics card" error, but it hasn't really effected my game since.

Aside from that error, is the game running? No graphical problems like black landscapes and whatnot?

The game runs normally (from what I've seen). I really don't want to go ahead and install the EPs and SPs because I still feel like something is wrong. I'm so discouraged I'm seriously considering just putting Sims aside for good. It's too much frustration for paying for these games.
  • NeverentNeverent Posts: 478 Member
    edited December 2010
    Well as a computer nerd myself. I did everything like you said and my Sims are still not showing up in the clubs. Maybe a couple here and there. I have it set to 4,4,4,4 and everything is the same. There are no sims stuck anywhere and my game is running normal. So this was a flop for me. I put my settings high cause I have a high performance gaming card that I put in my computer when I built it so this was a let down for me. But I am glad it is working for most other simmers. :?

If this guide didn't change your game, then you might be experiencing low club numbers due to one of the many glitches that can cause it.

In that case, there's nothing that I can do. We have to wait until said glitches are fixed :(

There are non-glitch things that can cause it too. If you don't have all that many sims in your neighborhood (compared to Bridgeport) then that's less POSSIBLE sims to go to clubs. The ideal neighborhood is one in which there are MANY sims and they're young adults/adults.
    Nicoru wrote:

Nope. No problems. At the end of the guide I say to do that if your game becomes too choppy.

:( About 6 years ago I bought an ATI card and had all kinds of problems. In my experience (again, this was years ago) they had sloppy drivers and constant glitches. I've used Nvidia ever since and never had a problem.
    edited December 2010
    Kolby wrote:

Here is what is says:

While figuring out different things to change in the sims folder (before writing this guide) I tweaked many different files here and there. I also tweaked different things in the GraphicsRules.sgr than what I told you guys to change. Until I found the write things to change, I had to end up uninstalling and installing twice (due to my own dumb mistakes). One problem I ran into was yours.

For some reason, uninstalling and reinstalling sometimes didn't delete the new GraphicsRules.sgr I made. What I did was uninstall everything and found that the Late Night folder remained and the only file in it was MY version of the graphicsrules.sgr. When I reinstalled, it filled that folder again, but did not put it's own graphicsrules.sgr in there since mine was already there.

What you need to do is uninstall it all (and the EA DL manager for good measure), and then look in your C:/programfiles for the EA folder. Make sure it's absolutely deleted. If the EA folder is still there, delete it (provided the Sims is your only EA game). Then reinstall it all again. Install and update the DL manager. Then patch everything to current. You should be fine after that.
    edited December 2010
    Neverent wrote:
    Kolby wrote:

Here is what is says:

While figuring out different things to change in the sims folder (before writing this guide) I tweaked many different files here and there. I also tweaked different things in the GraphicsRules.sgr than what I told you guys to change. Until I found the write things to change, I had to end up uninstalling and installing twice (due to my own dumb mistakes). One problem I ran into was yours.

For some reason, uninstalling and reinstalling sometimes didn't delete the new GraphicsRules.sgr I made. What I did was uninstall everything and found that the Late Night folder remained and the only file in it was MY version of the graphicsrules.sgr. When I reinstalled, it filled that folder again, but did not put it's own graphicsrules.sgr in there since mine was already there.

What you need to do is uninstall it all (and the EA DL manager for good measure), and then look in your C:/programfiles for the EA folder. Make sure it's absolutely deleted. If the EA folder is still there, delete it (provided the Sims is your only EA game). Then reinstall it all again. Install and update the DL manager. Then patch everything to current. You should be fine after that.

I did do all that, (I had similar issues with Sims 2...) I deleted every last "Sims" or "EA" folder and everything. I cleaned my registry, and then reinstalled Sims 3 (with no updates). I opened the game (first run) it loads, then at the main menu I get a notification that says something about an "Unrecognized graphics card." The game played normally, I opened Sunset Valley and did the tutorial, saved, quit. It generated the EA folder in my documents but the DeviceConfig claims that my ATI Mobility Radeon 5730 is unrecognised in their database. Bizaar!

I hate feeling like something is wrong. :(
    edited December 2010
    Kolby wrote:
    Neverent wrote:
    Kolby wrote:

Here is what is says:

I did do all that, (I had similar issues with Sims 2...) I deleted every last "Sims" or "EA" folder and everything. I cleaned my registry, and then reinstalled Sims 3 (with no updates). I opened the game (first run) it loads, then at the main menu I get a notification that says something about an "Unrecognized graphics card." The game played normally, I opened Sunset Valley and did the tutorial, saved, quit. It generated the EA folder in my documents but the DeviceConfig claims that my ATI Mobility Radeon 5730 is unrecognised in their database. Bizaar!

I know the problem, then. Move your EA folder out your the "My Documents".

Like, move it to your desktop. Start the game up and see if it works.

If it does, close out of it, go back into the My Documents folder (the sims will make a fresh new folder in my documents) for the sims and copy ONLY your custom content/mods/installed store stuff back into it from your old folder you put on your desktop.

So that'd be your "mods" folder, the DCCache folder, Library folder, Saved Sims, Saved Games, Custom Music, and Current Game folders. Leave all the rest in the folder the new stuff the Sims created.

Then see if that works :)
  • BatmanBatman Posts: 302 Member
    edited December 2010
    Mac version? Please!

I found the device config, which rated my intel i7 a 1! So thats obviously WRONG!

But I can't find the graphicsrules.sgr is it called something different for a mac?
    edited December 2010
    Batman wrote:
    Mac version? Please!

I found the device config, which rated my intel i7 a 1! So thats obviously WRONG!

But I can't find the graphicsrules.sgr is it called something different for a mac?

Hmm... I admit I haven't used a MAC since kindergarten. I really can't help you as far as they're concerned! I'm sorry :(

But I CAN give an explanation as to why it rates the i7 so low. The 8-core processors have lower clock speeds on average than the quad cores or dual cores, because it can afford to since it has so many cores. With so many cores, even with lower clock speeds PER CORE, added up they still are more than most quad core chipsets. However, EA (sort of stupidly) made the game rate your processor based on individual core clock speed. This is a VERY stupid way to rate a processor. So this guide would work perfectly for you (if you can manage to get it to work on a Mac).

If you DO get it working, I welcome a post explaining how you did it. I can then addend my original post and add your Mac version to it (crediting you, obviously).
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited December 2010
  • BatmanBatman Posts: 302 Member
    edited December 2010
    Haha I'll do some exploring, but I am no Mac expert! Just switched back in June!

I'll keep you updated.
  • VaelynnVaelynn Posts: 272 New Member
    edited December 2010
    This should be stickied for future reference! :P
  • sugarblastersugarblaster Posts: 12 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Neverent wrote:
    Batman wrote:
    Mac version? Please!

Hmm... I admit I haven't used a MAC since kindergarten. I really can't help you as far as they're concerned! I'm sorry :(

But I CAN give an explanation as to why it rates the i7 so low. The 8-core processors have lower clock speeds on average than the quad cores or dual cores, because it can afford to since it has so many cores. With so many cores, even with lower clock speeds PER CORE, added up they still are more than most quad core chipsets. However, EA (sort of stupidly) made the game rate your processor based on individual core clock speed. This is a VERY stupid way to rate a processor. So this guide would work perfectly for you (if you can manage to get it to work on a Mac).

If you DO get it working, I welcome a post explaining how you did it. I can then addend my original post and add your Mac version to it (crediting you, obviously).

I'm on a Mac (2.8ghz dual core) and my processor was rated a 3, so not SO bad. I was trying to find the way to do this hack in OSX, but it seems that EA has hidden the GraphicsRules.sgr file from mac users. I found it for the Sims 2 which is also installed, but not for TS3. I've looked all over for the file (rather, spotlight did all the work) but I've only found it for TS2. -.-

I'm pretty sure that your directions will work just fine for Mac users, its just a matter of locating the stupid file! I'll keep searching...
    edited December 2010
    Great ;)

I look forward to a Mac update.
  • SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Well I am just re-installing Late Night now :(
    I'm not blaming you :) , I must have gone wrong somewhere :l

Pity it didnt work for me, I wouldnt have liked good clubs
  • MckenzieMemberMckenzieMember Posts: 1,231 Member
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for making the post Neverent I'll go play my game now to see if it works. Cheers :D
    edited December 2010
    Neverent wrote:
    Kolby wrote:
    Neverent wrote:
    Kolby wrote:

Here is what is says:

If it does, close out of it, go back into the My Documents folder (the sims will make a fresh new folder in my documents) for the sims and copy ONLY your custom content/mods/installed store stuff back into it from your old folder you put on your desktop.

So that'd be your "mods" folder, the DCCache folder, Library folder, Saved Sims, Saved Games, Custom Music, and Current Game folders. Leave all the rest in the folder the new stuff the Sims created.

I hate to sound like a pain in the butt, but could you make that suggestion into detailed steps? I don't want to mess anything up again. I have some questions too: What if I don't have anything in particular that I want to keep? Like if I were to remove the EA folder from my documents, then play the game, I don't have anything to take from the old one to put in the new one.

Does doing that really solve the problem? Will that message ever pop up again if I reinstall later on?

EDIT: BTW, thanks so much for all the help. :D
  • JesskiJesski Posts: 52 Member
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for posting this, I've not got the perfect laptop but this worked for me, before i wasn't getting any sims in my clubs (apart from bouncers and mixolagists) but now i get around 5-10 sims without much lag :) again thanks, the game was getting boring before this
    edited December 2010
    Kolby wrote:
    Neverent wrote:
    Kolby wrote:
    Neverent wrote:
    Kolby wrote:

Here is what is says:

I hate to sound like a pain in the butt, but could you make that suggestion into detailed steps? I don't want to mess anything up again. I have some questions too: What if I don't have anything in particular that I want to keep? Like if I were to remove the EA folder from my documents, then play the game, I don't have anything to take from the old one to put in the new one.

Does doing that really solve the problem? Will that message ever pop up again if I reinstall later on?

Nothing is guaranteed.

1) Find your C:\Users\Mark\Documents\Electronic Arts
    2) Move the "Sims 3" out of that and onto your desktop
    3) Start the game up. See if it runs fine.
    4) If it does, exit the game and go back into your C:\Users\Mark\Documents\Electronic Art.
    5) In that folder, you'll see a new Sims 3 folder the game just created.
    6) Open that new Sims 3 folder
    7) While that folder is open, go to your desktop and find your old Sims 3 folder that you moved in step 2.
    8 ) Open the old Sims 3 folder on the desktop.
    9) Copy the DCCache, Custom Music, Saved Games, Current Game, Mods (if you have one), Library, and Saved Sims folder FROM the Sims 3 folder on the desktop, INTO the OTHER Sims 3 folder you have open (the one from My Documents).
    10) Agree to merge/overwrite anything it asks you to.
    11) Close both folders you have open.
    12) Start your game up again. See if it's working (recognizing your card).
    13) If it is, you're done. You can delete the Sims 3 folder on your desktop because you have a new one that works.

Good luck!
  • MarioSim05MarioSim05 Posts: 1,567 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Thanks a lot for this guide! Very simply and easy to follow. :)

Unfortunately, my game became too laggy for my tastes when I raised the lowest setting to just a '2.' Oh well. At least now this can help many people out! :mrgreen:
  • StrawberryBasketStrawberryBasket Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited December 2010
    Can I simply redo the steps if I don't see a difference, i.e I messed up somewhere?
    edited December 2010
    Neverent wrote:
    Kolby wrote:
    Neverent wrote:
    Kolby wrote:
    Neverent wrote:
    Kolby wrote:

Here is what is says:

Nothing is guaranteed.

1) Find your C:\Users\Mark\Documents\Electronic Arts
    2) Move the "Sims 3" out of that and onto your desktop
    3) Start the game up. See if it runs fine.
    4) If it does, exit the game and go back into your C:\Users\Mark\Documents\Electronic Art.
    5) In that folder, you'll see a new Sims 3 folder the game just created.
    6) Open that new Sims 3 folder
    7) While that folder is open, go to your desktop and find your old Sims 3 folder that you moved in step 2.
    8 ) Open the old Sims 3 folder on the desktop.
    9) Copy the DCCache, Custom Music, Saved Games, Current Game, Mods (if you have one), Library, and Saved Sims folder FROM the Sims 3 folder on the desktop, INTO the OTHER Sims 3 folder you have open (the one from My Documents).
    10) Agree to merge/overwrite anything it asks you to.
    11) Close both folders you have open.
    12) Start your game up again. See if it's working (recognizing your card).
    13) If it is, you're done. You can delete the Sims 3 folder on your desktop because you have a new one that works.

Good luck!

So by doing that, what will it accomplish? And I thought that the message only pops up once... how will I know if it is fixed? Thanks again, btw.
    edited December 2010
    Kolby wrote:
    So by doing that, what will it accomplish? And I thought that the message only pops up once... how will I know if it is fixed? Thanks again, btw.

If serendipity is a relative of invention, he's in my family :P I do not know why it fixes it, but I had the problem you had. I didn't know why things were not working so I tried different things. As it turned out, deleting the Sims 3 folder in my documents all of a sudden made it work, leading me to think something goes wrong in THAT folder as well when you delete the graphicsrules.sgr instead of replacing it like you should.

You'll know it's working if you do all that and then look at your DeviceConfig.log file in that folder. It'll have actual information in it instead of being blank or setting everything to 1 if it's working.

It worked for me, that's why I'm recommending it.
  • MckenzieMemberMckenzieMember Posts: 1,231 Member
    edited December 2010
    Hmmm I haven't seen much of a difference tbh, I know it's worked though as I doubled checked the GraphicsRules file in game> bin so maybe it's due to lack of sims, there has been a slight difference though.