Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Late Night Bugs - Compiled List in first two posts

Comments

• JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited October 2010
    Cyron43 wrote:
    @ihatepizza210: For God's sake what are you doing to this cat??? :shock:

I was thinking about that too :shock: !
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2010
    Anyone any others problems to report ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Ozzie1985Ozzie1985 Posts: 418 Member
    edited October 2010
    Crinrict, I'm going to install L.N later this afternoon, I realized a while back I uploaded a sim from the exchange and there's a CC skin. How do I get rid of this? Because I've never installed any mods or hacks in my game, with having that CC skin, does this mean I have the UI mod? If so, how do I get rid of it? Where is the UI mod located? What's the file name/number? I have some CC which I will disable when I intall L.N but if I have the UI mod I for sure want to get rid of that because I've never gone out of my way to install any mods or hacks.
  • jujee55jujee55 Posts: 588 Member
    edited October 2010
    I downloaded the 4GB patch and thought I installed it. I'm having problems finding it to remove it, please help. Thank you.
    edited October 2010
    Ozzie1985 wrote:
    Crinrict, I'm going to install L.N later this afternoon, I realized a while back I uploaded a sim from the exchange and there's a CC skin. How do I get rid of this? Because I've never installed any mods or hacks in my game, with having that CC skin, does this mean I have the UI mod? If so, how do I get rid of it? Where is the UI mod located? What's the file name/number? I have some CC which I will disable when I intall L.N but if I have the UI mod I for sure want to get rid of that because I've never gone out of my way to install any mods or hacks.

No, the UI Mod does not transfer. No worries. You got the skins with one of the sims that you downloaded. Since it's best to uninstall all cc anyway, just make a backup of your documents folder and remove all the sims/houses and other stuff you've got. With that you will also get rid of the skin.

@jujee55: Go to MTS and find a program called Large Address Aware (LAA). It's simple to use and should get rid of the 4GB patch.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• CloudyLuikCloudyLuik Posts: 77 Member
    edited October 2010
    Heres a few of the bugs ive seen so far.

I get quests to go to Doo-peas and other "original" corporations, but they are not available, and so i cannot complete quests.

I can only dance on tables and counters every once in awhile, not all the time. (dunno if thats a bug or not).

I do not see my sims dancing any differently than before. I have tried dancing together, at home, alone, radio, wall radio or even live music.

Sound shuts off, music, on stereos and in the clubs. Has happened alot! (never had this happen before LN.)

My sims wont jog, but run instead. (this one isnt that big a deal, lol)

I dont have any mods. The only un EA item i have is nailpolish.

• AalyahReedAalyahReed Posts: 209 Member
    edited October 2010
    Ugh! You think they would be more wary after the Ambitions disasters to put out a less buggy product. They really should have a more rigorous testing phase of each EP before they distribute it.

Obviously, a lot of it can be blamed on CC and Mods, which we should accept responsibility for.

I am merely talking about the game bugs, like the ones listed here. How sad to have Late Nite and not be able to form a band properly and play instruments, get served at the club because the barristas are missing, or having ******* issues. These problems seem to be universal/across the board for gamers, so it has to be the game, not CC or PC models faults.

*Note: I do not have Late Nite... yet...I am waiting for at least the first patch and suggested workarounds for issues, because I had a sneaking suspicion there would be major issues...as there is with every EP.
    I cannot wait to get it, though! As much as I am dissapointed it is buggy, I will still buy it.

Therin lies the problem for all of us, eh? :wink: *
    edited October 2010
    CloudyLuik wrote:
    My sims wont jog, but run instead. (this one isnt that big a deal, lol)

So the actually made the running bug worse ? :lol: I have added the rest to the second post

@AalyahReed: The not being able to play instruments is probably due to a mod and so are the missing barristers. I do not read all the threads here, so if there are anyone who has those with no mods, could you point me to the thread ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• BrittneyLeeBrittneyLee Posts: 102 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Additonal bugs: No books for sale, sometimes cannot go to any lots when I go there it resets your sim and brings you back to the house, and also cannot go to edit town sometimes.
  • NoirNoir Posts: 484 Member
    edited October 2010
    Does everybody with larger bugs have clean install?
  • AnayamaAnayama Posts: 315 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Thanks for the topic! It was very helpful. :D
    However I have a few questions before I install LN if you don't mind. :)

1. When you say "Make sure your sims aren't sleeping" are you only talking about the current Active Household in each game/save? Because it'd be hard to make sure the entire neighborhood isn't sleeping. :lol:

2. I'm going to backup my game before I install LN and I am also going to make a new neighborhood like you said.

Let's say just hypothetically that when I do install it, I get a lot of glitches. If I get rid of my new neighborhood I made and uninstall LN (And maybe use my backup after I uninstall LN) would that get rid of the LN glitches?

Sorry if some of this is obvious. I'm not very smart about stuff like this. :-P

Thanks in advance!
    edited October 2010
    @BrittneyLee: I know that you said you don't have any mods, but this (no books) strongly smells like a mod. Do you/ did you have a mods folder at all. Did you install anything with the monkey installer ?
    Anayama wrote:
    1. When you say "Make sure your sims aren't sleeping" are you only talking about the current Active Household in each game/save? Because it'd be hard to make sure the entire neighborhood isn't sleeping. :lol:

I was thinking about that too. I guess, I would make sure that it's not night and that the current household is not sleeping (and maybe all households I'm playing at all). I don't think you need to bother about the families that you don't use at all.

Anayama wrote:
    2. I'm going to backup my game before I install LN and I am also going to make a new neighborhood like you said.

Let's say just hypothetically that when I do install it, I get a lot of glitches. If I get rid of my new neighborhood I made and uninstall LN (And maybe use my backup after I uninstall LN) would that get rid of the LN glitches?

Well the glitches usually come with the patch, so you will have them if you have LN or not. Really depends on the glitches. If they are LN specific, they should be gone, if not, they could happen in another neighborhood as well. No guaranties.
    AHQ Tutorial

• AnayamaAnayama Posts: 315 New Member
    edited October 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    I was thinking about that too. I guess, I would make sure that it's not night and that the current household is not sleeping (and maybe all households I'm playing at all). I don't think you need to bother about the families that you don't use at all.

Okay thanks. :-)
    crinrict wrote:
    Well the glitches usually come with the patch, so you will have them if you have LN or not. Really depends on the glitches. If they are LN specific, they should be gone, if not, they could happen in another neighborhood as well. No guaranties.

Okay like I said, I'm not that smart when it comes to stuff like this. But from what I can understand:

Your saying that if you uninstall LN it doesn't uninstall the patch that comes with LN?

Thanks for your quick reply! :mrgreen:
  • lboosmommylboosmommy Posts: 42 Member
    edited October 2010
    I'm having a problem patching. I've moved my Mods folder, but it says it found an invalid file and stops the patch. Unfortunately it's the patch I need for the EP.

Any ideas? Any other locations I might have CC that I have to move?
    edited October 2010
    Anayama wrote:
    Your saying that if you uninstall LN it doesn't uninstall the patch that comes with LN?

Exactly. For that you would need to uninstall everything and just install the games for the dvds without patching trough the Launcher.

(I have lots of trouble posting. If I'm not answering, then it's cos I can't. Shall be back in an hour, if forum permits. Need to put daughter to bed now).
    AHQ Tutorial

• Jodi22Jodi22 Posts: 4,776 New Member
    edited October 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    There are a lot of other bugs. The ones I listed above are just the ones EVERYONE seemed to have. I have a very long bug list in my german blog. Here I'm just interested in the new ones :)

I will add them to my first post (will need to read all you wrote still)

@ihatepizza210: The excavation bug is that since AMB sims were not able to excavate anymore if the excavation site was on a slope.
    Jodi22 wrote:
    Sims wont use the beds after a while so you have to replace them with new ones.

This usually happens when you patch the game and your sim is sleeping. When you patch, all sims are being reset, taking them to their home lot. When they are sleeping at the time, they will be teleported out of the bed. Sometimes a error occurs which makes the bed unusable. TO avoid this, just make sure, your sim is not sleeping when you patch.
    Jodi22 wrote:
    My favorite one when you switch active household the baby/toddlers go missing. They still show up on the tree but they are not in the house. Evicting the family or reset sim does not bring them back. They just go poof. Lost 10 children in a previous game and some in houses I never even played. I have seen many in this forum who have this problem.

That's Story Progression doing that. They are actually all dead. Since AMB they must have increased that chance that a random Sim dies. As Twallan explained to me, the system has no safe flag for babies and toddlers but has one for sims with bosses and coworkers. Since that is most of the adult/teen community, it's the children and babies that die. You can use MC to look the children up under 'Dead'.
    Jodi22 wrote:
    The newest patch for base game that matches to the ambitions 4.3.4 patch cuts out sound. EA said they fixed it we'll its not fixed in my game and I only have the base game installed. I never had this before the new patches and at that time had all ep's installed before the new patches.

Also a known bug. Got no solution for you there.
    Jodi22 wrote:
    Also with this new patch the sims control panel causes crashing when I switch levels in a home, go into buy mode. sometimes I crash from using rotate camera!

Crashes have so many reasons. I've not heard of these before. No solution for you.

@robsebones: Will add yours to the first post. Do you have any mods in ?

With the Bed bug. I uninstalled and reinstalled my game on a full system restore on a brand new computer. No CC. I patched the game before I even started playing so I had no sims sleeping!!!! The bed bug is just in the base game. ADD: I did my patches manual not with the launcher

And its not story progression killing the children off. The children are not dead according to the game. The parents still think the children exists. The Children show up on the family tree as alive!!!! They dont age past toddler and go poof. This is caused by switching active household and playing other households not story progression
    edited October 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    Anayama wrote:

Exactly. For that you would need to uninstall everything and just install the games for the dvds without patching trough the Launcher.

(I have lots of trouble posting. If I'm not answering, then it's cos I can't. Shall be back in an hour, if forum permits. Need to put daughter to bed now).

Liam is really acting up the past few days bad!!
  • LindsarooLindsaroo Posts: 22
    edited October 2010
    I'm only having 2 bugs that are quite frustrating.

1. Huge blank speech bubbles. For some strange reason the speech bubbles are larger than normal and almost all the time they are blank.

2. Sims take forever to do things. This is even worse than it used to be- especially with clubs that close. When I tell a sim to take a shower, go to bed, go a club, or go to work, it'll sometimes take them 3-6 sim hours to respond to my command. They'll just stand there. I hate telling them to go out to a lounge or club and then when they finally decide to listen to me, everything is about to close! :( It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to get on my nerves.

I have no mods or CC.
  • dragonmaster626dragonmaster626 Posts: 3,716 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I'm having a huge bug thats making it impossible to play in Bridgeport not even the lowest quality settings make it able to be used.
    edited October 2010
    @lboosmommy: Missed that one. Please read that: http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Invalid_File_Error

@Jodi22: Could be that there are more reasons for the bed bug. Usually it's fixed with buying a new one.

I checked such a save game and whereas the children were still shown as alive in the family tree, they were still dead when I checked with MC. Again, not saying it's the only reason, there could be more than that. Usually you can find stories of dying toddlers in the news paper if it's SP. Did you change households and then checked about the babies/toddlers right away ? Just curious.

@dragonmaster626: Best is to go to the technical discussion and post your DxDiag there.

@Lindsaroo: Got the bubble one on the list already. The other one has been reported before LN. Don't know what is causing it though
    AHQ Tutorial

edited October 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    @lboosmommy: Missed that one. Please read that: http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Invalid_File_Error

@Jodi22: Could be that there are more reasons for the bed bug. Usually it's fixed with buying a new one.

I checked such a save game and whereas the children were still shown as alive in the family tree, they were still dead when I checked with MC. Again, not saying it's the only reason, there could be more than that. Usually you can find stories of dying toddlers in the news paper if it's SP. Did you change households and then checked about the babies/toddlers right away ? Just curious.

@dragonmaster626: Best is to go to the technical discussion and post your DxDiag there.

@Lindsaroo: Got the bubble one on the list already. The other one has been reported before LN. Don't know what is causing it though

The children aren't dead. I don't get notices that a child died of starvation, fire, drowning, no social worker involved or babysitter. etc. Ill explain. They are missing in computer limbo. I had a few games going for a long time. I always played same household. My sims started to have children and aged up. I started to move them out. When I started to move them out and switched household to play some of them is when the baby/toddlers started to go missing in town. My sims children did have children of their own and some went poof. I lost 4 total in that family. This is when I noticed the problem. One of my main sims children, not living in main household had a baby boy. I switched to another house and when I came back I noticed her baby/toddler was gone. I started to check around town. I never played Vita Alto. She had triplets they went poof at toddler stage. She had 2 girls and one boy. Vita's daughter Holly had a daughter with Michael Bachelor and that toddler Poof. Michael died. Holly remarried one of my main sim's children. They had a set of twins and a single baby. All went poof at toddler stage. This all in the Alto household. Then Leighton Sekemoto who I also never played had a set of twins with Vatos. The toddler son went poof but the daughter remained. Again at toddler stage baby went poof. Back to my main sims Daughter who lost the baby boy. I moved her and her husband back in with my main family and she had 3 children in my house. They were all fine but my main sims daughter got a life time wish to have 5 children. On that wish she calculated she already had 4 children. In this calculation she was including the missing boy toddler that went poof. They all disappear at toddler stage not child stage

On the tree all these missing children show as toddler and that they exist as living sims. They are not ghosts, there are no graves, headstones. And in general have already brought back ghosts.

I went back to other saved games I had not played in a while and same thing. Toddlers in town POOF!!!!
    edited October 2010
    Interesting. I never had that happen but I couldn't play without SP Mod.

So there seem to be two different errors that make the little ones disappear. You could try if Twallan's MC can get them back with the missing sims option. Don't know how much against mods you are.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited October 2010
    I hate this forum!
    AHQ Tutorial

edited October 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    Interesting. I never had that happen but I couldn't play without SP Mod.

So there seem to be two different errors that make the little ones disappear. You could try if Twallan's MC can get them back with the missing sims option. Don't know how much against mods you are.

I dont use mods and I dont have these games anymore. Since the new patches and the EADM I cant really play this game anymore! My computer sees the new eadm and patches as a virus and attacks it so I gave up. Did a full system restore. reinstalled the game from scratch, manual patched and I now still crash on just the base game on a brand new computer!!!. It was running fine for a wile but.... cant play ep's anymore like I use to. The only thing I can do is play in cas and make sims for other people to use. Maybe one day EA will get their act together but I will no longer spend any money on this game!
    edited October 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    I hate this forum!

ME TOO!!! I called EA and told them this morning. Excuse they are updating everything today. So I asked them what about all the other days this forum does not work!!!! This web runs off of IE and they need to get off IE!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top