Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS3 + EPs & SPs - Known Glitches & Causes (all bugs in the first post) (please sticky)

Comments

• sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited July 2010
    Lol I'm not really a techy, what do you mean by "vsync parameter" and "force on"?
  • BranrBranr Posts: 410 Member
    edited July 2010
    mcorral wrote:
    heres a glitch the invention widgets aren't moving when I click on them all it says is view does anybody know how to resolve it

I also have this bug.

And if you had read down 4 posts, you would have seen

"Basic widgets don't move. IMPROVED widgets move."
  • mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    edited July 2010
    The drivers of my graphic card have the option to change some parameters. The Vsync parameter (vertical sync) is off by default. If you change it to "on" then the fps (frames per second) are reduced from 200 to 60, so the graphic card has to work much less and crashes are also reduced. But it seems that Ambitions has changed that.

Branr,
    I didn't see that, obviously.
  • SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    edited July 2010
    i have 1 at the moment
    The maid is NOT recurring. My sims that want or need a maid have to hire her/him every day. They will not come back to clean the house two days in a row unless they are called each day.
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,773 Member
    edited July 2010
    I would like to be able to play for more than a few minuites without error 12 or Crashing to desktop. I have played Sims since Sims 1 and now really frustrated since Ambitions went into my new Dell computer that was bought just for me to play Sims on. Now all I can do is go into a Sim house and without moving them, re colour items, to put on this site. EA SORT THIS GAME FOR US.....or people will stop buying the game/add ons/Sim points.
  • Judiesp1Judiesp1 Posts: 25 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Ok, I have read through 18 pages of bugs and glitches, quite a few of which I have had the pleasure of encountering, such as the sound going, floating through celings, stretchy kids etc, but this one is not listed here!

In the architect career, I have an artistic sim. I know if you paint and hang your own created pictures through a renovation, you get a higher score for the job.

Now, I had 4 or 5 paintings in my sims inventory, and as you can't see what the picture is without selecting it, I clicked one, not the one I wanted, so I selected another painting, when I did this, it credited the money available with the 1100 simoleons the painting was worth. The painting was not sold, and if you seclect it over and over, you can end up with quite a healthy nest egg to complete the renovation with!! Quite handy if on a tight budget, but not a completly legal way of getting a few extra $$ to get the job done!

Also, not sure if this is right, but I doubt it, When my firefighter retired at the top of the career, the daily penison was over $11000, yes eleven thousand! Again, easy money! (but seems quite high to me!!)
  • RowboRowbo Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Every now and then my Sims can't progress a conversation with other NPC's. For example, after flirting with a Sim, no other options become available, and instead of progressing to "very alluring" etc., it goes from "being flirty" to just "okay".
  • StefiepoohStefiepooh Posts: 5
    edited July 2010
    Not sure if this would classify as a glitch, but my sim does not walk they run everywhere. i.e if they are in the kitchen and want to go to the living room they run instead of walk. They just stand around and when I check the que it saiys they are waiting outside but they are inside just standing there. :x
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited July 2010
    Stefiepooh wrote:
    Not sure if this would classify as a glitch, but my sim does not walk they run everywhere. i.e if they are in the kitchen and want to go to the living room they run instead of walk. They just stand around and when I check the que it saiys they are waiting outside but they are inside just standing there. :x

Have they played tag lately? It's an issue lots of people are having. If your sim plays tag with a child, they'll run everywhere and so will the child.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • BranrBranr Posts: 410 Member
    edited July 2010
    Got a new one: the town stylist will give non-active sims makeovers at random while working in the salon, which includes sims in work uniforms, and the Grim Reaper. This, in effect, messes up work uniforms and gives the Reaper the appearance of an old man with coal-black skin. No workaround for this, it just needs to be fixed.
  • cheddarfish6cheddarfish6 Posts: 79 Member
    edited July 2010
    Every now and then my Sims can't progress a conversation with other NPC's. For example, after flirting with a Sim, no other options become available, and instead of progressing to "very alluring" etc., it goes from "being flirty" to just "okay".

This happens to me too! I plan on replaying my sim after EA fixes this.

Its really annoying. :\
    Now, I had 4 or 5 paintings in my sims inventory, and as you can't see what the picture is without selecting it, I clicked one, not the one I wanted, so I selected another painting, when I did this, it credited the money available with the 1100 simoleons the painting was worth. The painting was not sold, and if you seclect it over and over, you can end up with quite a healthy nest egg to complete the renovation with!! Quite handy if on a tight budget, but not a completly legal way of getting a few extra $$ to get the job done!

Thats similar to what happened to me except for the fact that instead of adding the money, it takes away money from my sims household funds.

Another glitch is my sim's camera got stuck in his family inventory. I dont know how, considering it was in his regular inventory, not family inventory. Just annoying as I don't want to save up for a new camera and go to Egypt when i could use that money to buy him a tv or a new stove or kitchen.
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited July 2010
    Tabbyrh wrote:
    To Evil_One the forum that I was refering to is under Technical Discussions(EN) then go to Unable To Change Active Household After Patch. Hope this ables you to add to your list.Thanks. Oh and I always play with the story progression off. Would a Sim still keep makeovers if the story progression is turned off? There is a work around where you quit by bringing up the cheat pompt because your UI is gone and then it asks to save. The next time you load the game you are able to play with the family but if you switch households then go to that family it still won't load and stays in map veiw. So I'm not sure why it does this.

Well, I've added the bug to the list, but if it's only triggered by certain sims then it has to be something to do with those sims.
    Makeovers cannot be disabled with either story progression nor aging... You're stuck with them I'm afraid, if you have any lingering remnants of dodgy or corrupt CC you can expect any sims getting this to give your game serious problems.
    You could try to created a few household full of adult sims, where each sim has a different piece of whatever CC you do still have (remember some CC is installed via the launcher and doesn't show up as a .Package file), alternatively remove any remaining CC components (no matter where they are) and delete the cache files.

Other than this I'm afraid I really don't know what to suggest, the bugs are sim specific so it sounds like either CC or mod related.
    MiyuEmi wrote:
    Ran into something else this morning in Sunset Valley. Not sure if anyone has encountered this, but let me know.

My sim went fishing and over time caught two Flame Fruits. He can't do anything with them re the garden. He can't plant them and I have loads of apples so if he makes pancakes these will be used first so I don't know. Has anyone else experienced a problem planting flame fruits in particular or other seeds/fruits caught while fishing?

I've ran into this one myself so it's definitely not just you.
    i have 1 at the moment
    The maid is NOT recurring. My sims that want or need a maid have to hire her/him every day. They will not come back to clean the house two days in a row unless they are called each day.

This bug was reported earlier by SciFiWarlock, and so your post counts as confirmation... I've added it to the list.
    Judiesp1 wrote:
    Ok, I have read through 18 pages of bugs and glitches, quite a few of which I have had the pleasure of encountering, such as the sound going, floating through celings, stretchy kids etc, but this one is not listed here!

In the architect career, I have an artistic sim. I know if you paint and hang your own created pictures through a renovation, you get a higher score for the job.

Also, not sure if this is right, but I doubt it, When my firefighter retired at the top of the career, the daily penison was over $11000, yes eleven thousand! Again, easy money! (but seems quite high to me!!)

Well I've added your bugs to the list; Although I'm not sure that too many will complain if they aren't fixed too soon.
    Branr wrote:
    Got a new one: the town stylist will give non-active sims makeovers at random while working in the salon, which includes sims in work uniforms, and the Grim Reaper. This, in effect, messes up work uniforms and gives the Reaper the appearance of an old man with coal-black skin. No workaround for this, it just needs to be fixed.

I've also added this to the list (it could potentially be the cause of the Grim Reaper Aging Bug, which in turn could be the cause of the Reaper Retiring bug (Grimmy dies of old age)).

Although I find the idea of a Grim Reaper shepherding the dead and sporting a mohawk appealing, it could lead to all sorts of problems.
    Rowbo wrote:

Almost missed this one, I've got confirmation so I've added it to the list... Which gets longer and longer every day.
    raw
  • girl2035girl2035 Posts: 21 Member
    edited July 2010
    i want to retire my sim, and she curently has the interior design profession. but her pension is a negative !
    is that a glitch? :S
  • Judiesp1Judiesp1 Posts: 25 New Member
    edited July 2010
    great job keeping up with this post Evil_One, someone should sticky it to the first page tho, would save on the many threads about the same issues if they knew this was here, and they were not alone! :shock:
    Keep up the good work :D:D
    edited July 2010
    I have another one. Sorry for clogging this up!

Now, I'll set the scene. My sim has a very small kitchen. It will fit three cabinets and then a fourth (if you include the one that turns itself into a corner). Now, I had one of the new 'high windows' with the wooden lattice in it and for some reason the cabinet would not for the love of anything, go into a corner fit. I tried everything before I finally moved the window (which was behind the stove in the middle of two other cabinets). Although no other dimensions changed, suddenly the cabinet on the end went into it's corner formation.

Has anyone else experienced this or something like this with regard to the new windows from Ambitions?
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • Morten8035Morten8035 Posts: 44 Member
    edited July 2010
    I have not noticed the freeze bug for a few days. =D
  • Hollypop123Hollypop123 Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    Hey, i kinda need help. Okay so basically when your on map view, and you choose a household, then a little box comes up with an arrow to go back and a tick, yeah, when i click the tick, the buttons go grey so i cant do anything and the house dosnt load, its driving me crazy :(:( help :cry:
    edited July 2010
    Morten8035 wrote:
    I have not noticed the freeze bug for a few days. =D

Just a suggestion as it has worked for me in the worst case scenarios.

Go into map view and check all community lots. If you're in a visitors place abroad, check the 'Base Camp', especially in France. I know the game has other issues re freezing, but this is a temporary fix. You'll likely noticed that these areas are clogged with people just standing around for no reason. Not reading books, not talking, they're just standing there. Just pause and reset them all. Write down their names if you have to because some of them are tricky to remember.

At least momentarily this has improved my game performance. I've noticed my freeze is worst in France where everyone seems to congretate just inside the doors in front of the stairs and then none of them can move. Same with the Chateau de Landgrabb.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    edited July 2010
    I wanted to note this because I only began to notice it after the installation of Ambitions. Please let me know if anyone else is experiencing this.

When a sim starts a job you need to meet all the co-workers for job performance, so I always have my sims 'Meet' Co-workers of whatever kind until they've met everyone. Usually I never had to change this until they had met everyone, but I've found now that even if I set this at the start of a shift, it is resetting itself to 'Business as Usual' so my sim ends up not meeting anyone other than the boss if I don't keep an eye on it. So I find that if my sim is in a rabbithole profession, that I am constantly having to reset the selection to meet co-workers rather than having it remain this way until they have met everyone, or at least for one full work day.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited July 2010
    So how many of these bugs did the patch squash and how many more did it make?

I'm happy to see that the sculpture Error 12 has been fixed, but it's not retro-active for my French vacation home. Thankfully, all my Sculpture Sim had to do was just remake them, and all is well now.
  • ageofquarrelageofquarrel Posts: 410
    edited July 2010
    Only known bug I've run into so far was the sound is silenced then the overload of sound. when it came back it scared the S*** out of me hahaha.

also I'm not sure if it got mentioned but after I gave a makeover the lot just kept rotating or spinning for some reason for a good minute. I was able to fix it relatively easy by zooming to neighborhood view. still annoying though! my sim was getting dizzy
  • batemangirlsbatemangirls Posts: 79 New Member
    edited July 2010
    my problems are:

34!!!! the most annoying of all! i tried reseting my sim and he was free to move around but everyone else was left there endlessly celebrating, which was so uber annoying because his fiance who he was supposed to marry was in the crowd and now i cant finish my legacy and dont know what to do!
    51! also very annoying since my girls lifetime wish is to solve 35 cases in the investigator career and everytime i go on vacation or exit the game it starts over, shes on level 10 of that proffesion and supposedly has only solved 1 crime!
    53 (this only happened once and it was before WA even came out, so i dont know if theyve patched it or not, one of my adult sims lost 1 of her traits and only had 4)
  • KatlinemasKatlinemas Posts: 835 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Well I've had these glitches:
    3: The Clothes changing delay. It is very annoying, but is more common when my Sims haven't worn the outfit before or if it's work clothes.

4: Sound Buffering Overload. I haven't noticed it recently, I think. I often don't notice. I don't think it has occurred with Ambitions yet.

8: Omg! It's an occult Sim! This is the most annoying aspect of gameplay. I was playing a full house (8 Sims) with two occult Sims, a playable ghost and a Simbot. The playable ghost was the cousin two of the Sims and the Simbot was bought. Both Simbot and ghost were shocked that the other was an occult Sim, even when they got married! AAAAAAAAARGH!

9: The empty bookshelves were annoying. I have to constantly remove books from my Sims inventory.

22: Excavating no longer possible. Very annoying.

23: Quite a Performance. Hopelessly useless. One of my Sims nearly got fired because she was vaccinating the neighbourhood.

24: I found that the non-registering often occurred when my ghost hunter Sim had to collect 5 spirits. The third spirit wouldn't register, leaving only four registered spirits in her inventory.

27: Invisible/Disappearing gnomes. Once happened to my magic gnome first night he was moving around, and then one of those laundry bears (Abracadabra bear) went missing but it might have been the maid.

33: The FREEZE. It happened a few times for maybe ten to twenty seconds. Now my game freezes at exactly 1:59 PM Saturday in my Sunset Valley game. I've tried changing households, editing town etc. Does not work. I'm going to try a different neighbourhood tomorrow, but I have my doubts it will work. :(

35: Ahh! Nothing's in my way! It's happened a few times. Irritating.

37: 'Extinguished upgrade'. Makes me sad to have to do it AGAIN, just 'cos Dante fried himself.

41: Placement Problems. It could go there before Ambitions, now it can't. Not happy.

46: I can't eat THAT: Also Sims no longer 'wait for meal' as they sometimes did before Ambitions. It was very cute to see them wait patiently instead of wasting food.

A few other things:
    In one household my Sims ended up having two maids. They started with one, she was useless and thus fired. Another one came along for a few days then the fired one started turning up again, the other one leaving. Then the newer maid moved into the town with another Sim and so an even newer maid turned up. He worked fine but everyday he "had to be somewhere else" and so the original maid turned up. Strangely, I only had to pay for ONE maid.

There are also a lot of typos and some wrong naming in opportunities or work. I noticed one in the Investigator career. It seemed to get two Sims, the employer and a witness confused. It's more irksome than anything, but I would like it fixed.

One last thing, basements. Why must they be so complicated now? I hope this is fixed so I can just put basements in buildings without having to remove most if not all foundation. It could before, now it can't.

Thank you for listening to my whining, I know it's long.
  • VicevilVicevil Posts: 19 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Ih all!

I think its a bug in AMB. When ever I ask my sim to go someware other than (visit place X), he will go on foot, even if you ask im to cross the whole map.
  • Tara102345Tara102345 Posts: 57 Member
    edited July 2010
    Also, ENABLE DATA LOGGING is not staying unchecked when you choose to disable it.

I submitted this to their Help section and they have stated they are working on it.
    How do you enable the data log in?