Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it worth getting Ambitions Expansion Pack Commemorative Edition or just the normal version?

I just looked on GAME and it says that the The Sims 3: Ambitions Expansion Pack Commemorative Edition comes with a 48-page hard-backed 10th Anniversary book includes bonus assets: wall poster, sketch book, ‘Build your own Plumbob’, and a digital asset card.

But is it really worth spending 7 quid more? :?

Comments

• lesley418lesley418 Posts: 4,077 New Member
    edited June 2010
    What is a quid? Currency in what country?
  • melburger1melburger1 Posts: 224 Member
    edited June 2010
    lesley418 wrote:
    What is a quid? Currency in what country?

It's slang for pounds in Britain, sorry! :shock:
  • lesley418lesley418 Posts: 4,077 New Member
    edited June 2010
    No problem! I see it alot! I was just wondering what it mean all this time!
  • RoffeyGleshRoffeyGlesh Posts: 579 Member
    edited June 2010
    I think it's worth it, personally. I think the day it came out they pushed the original price for the regular expansion pack down to £19 or something and kept the commemorative edition at £25 so I was expecting to pay that anyway.

The commemorative edition is really for people who are into the behind the scenes stuff for the game. The book is really great though, its really detailed and something I'll probably refer to again. The box is awesome too :D

The only downside is there is no proper case for the game-just a slot where it slides, but this is easily fixed as I just put the actual game into a spare case.

Yes, it's 7 pounds more, but it depends-do you ever think you'll read the book more than once? personally, I really like it, but that's just me :D
  • drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited June 2010
    i wouldn't say its worth £7 more, because the content is just the same without a only with a extra bookcase, i got it because it was the same price, it looks nice though

and... it does smell really nice, kinda like an argos catalogue like smell :)
  • altheaquinaltheaquin Posts: 5,013 Member
    edited June 2010
    Wow they up'ed it to £7 more? When I ordered from GAME it was the same as the normal version so I though 'Why not'. The book is nice and I haven't seen the bonus stuff yet (internet is down at home :-() but I am not sure I would pay £7 more for it.
    nnsig1_zps7a3fd5f0.pngs4gsig_zpseed8c92c.png
  • JesskiJesski Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2010
    I got mine from game in store and both expantion pack and commemorative edition were the same price at £24.99
  • Emilywatson88Emilywatson88 Posts: 261
    edited June 2010
    when i bought mine it was 19.99 and the same as the normal version, but i don't think i would have paid any more for it.

you get a cool little book about the history of the sims etc (although i read it once and probably won't ever again)

the digital assett card gives you a new bookcase, a podcast and a video.

up to you whether or not you think it's worth the extra, but like I said i wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't the same price as the normal version!
  • amzwilldayamzwillday Posts: 4,148 New Member
    edited June 2010
    My boyfriend got it me as a supprise and he payed £17.99 on play.com i didn't realise they were doing that! jees
  • BD5141BD5141 Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited June 2010
    Does anyone know if this is available in the US? If so when?