Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FOR GOD'S SAKE EA.......>:-O

Comments

• debrawolfsohndebrawolfsohn Posts: 408 New Member
    edited June 2010
    DeadlySimP wrote:
    I don't have ambitions too....But I am sure that when I install the game.....it will crash......I am not the most lucky person in the world.....on the contrary.....I AM VERY UNLUCKY.....:'-(

I hadn't installed a patch after the very first one...way back when. That first one messed up my game.

Luckily I was able to copy my favorite families and use them in a new town.

Yesterday I received Ambitions. When I went to install it...a box popped up and stated that my game first needed to be updated.

I knew this...as it was many months since that first update.

The updating took about 3 or 4 minutes....than Ambitions continued to install.

My game looks and plays better than ever. I believe it's best to get the updates from a future expansion/stuff pack...rather than the launcher.

This of course is just my experience...but I have 'automatic' updates turned off...and will not update again until the next expansion/stuff pack is released.

Also...I play the game on a 4 year old HP with a 166 processor (core 2 duo) and only a 256 video card. I have 4 G ram and run XP.

The only time I had a problem with the game....was when they released that update on the day WA came out. After I installed WA...and it updated from the disk....the game played perfectly.

Now again installing the updates from the Ambitions disk....I seem to be trouble free.

All my 3rd party hair...clothing & objects all work just fine.

I hope you get this problem solved....but maybe you should try the updates that come on the game disks...not from the launcher.

Good luck.
  • zanysazyzanysazy Posts: 2,210 New Member
    edited June 2010
    just downloaded the patch and its great when I first tried which I didn't expect it to work but it did but the scroll was very slow so I removed the mods and everything was fine
  • JesskiJesski Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2010
    I managed to install the patch fine :) but my poor fiance downloaded it and the launcher wont work for him :( it keeps saying that its now virsion 0.0.0.0 and to update the game but it wont do anything! he's not happy as he cant play :(
  • Jw62901Jw62901 Posts: 389 Member
    edited June 2010
    Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones. I was able to load the game, redownload all of the stuff I bought from the store and had no issues with the game for the time I played. Lets hope it stays this way.
    edited June 2010
    If anyone has an answer to this problem, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks
  • GeorgefPlayGeorgefPlay Posts: 4,459 Member
    edited June 2010
    Jesski wrote:
    I managed to install the patch fine :) but my poor fiance downloaded it and the launcher wont work for him :( it keeps saying that its now virsion 0.0.0.0 and to update the game but it wont do anything! he's not happy as he cant play :(

I have the same problem.... :(
  • CheckerPjsCheckerPjs Posts: 1,666 New Member
    edited June 2010
    i updated my game yesterday and my game is actually prettier i really liked the patch and my game is working really fine, maybe the thing is that you have ambitions or something because i still havent bought the game
  • HrtBr8krHrtBr8kr Posts: 63 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I dl'd the patch prior to installing ambitions and so far it's running good. I got to play for a couple hours last night. I agree with darkling that at the moment I'm having more problems with the website than the game. I was excited to see what everyone was saying about it when I got it yesterday and I couldn't log on or see the forums so that sucked. :? I didn't know if the game was buggy or not.
  • andinic28andinic28 Posts: 2,719 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Hmmm maybe I'm just lucky but I have had every sims 2 and sims 3 ep and sp and patch and NEVER have I had any issues whatsoever they all install smoothly and run incredibly nice. It's crazy hearing people having so many issues. If I have had a glitch I haven't noticed bc I'm having too much fun :mrgreen::wink: but good luck to those of you that are experiencing issues and it would help if you were looking on the tech forum (just a heads up) :wink:
  • GeorgefPlayGeorgefPlay Posts: 4,459 Member
    edited June 2010
    andinic28 wrote:
    Hmmm maybe I'm just lucky but I have had every sims 2 and sims 3 ep and sp and patch and NEVER have I had any issues whatsoever they all install smoothly and run incredibly nice. It's crazy hearing people having so many issues. If I have had a glitch I haven't noticed bc I'm having too much fun :mrgreen::wink: but good luck to those of you that are experiencing issues and it would help if you were looking on the tech forum (just a heads up) :wink:

It seems that I was as lucky as you are, before I installed this patch, because now I can't play my game and almost destroyed my computer while trying to update my video card... :roll: :cry:
  • mw1234mw1234 Posts: 5,400 Member
    edited June 2010
    I've had ambitions since the day it released at 5 a.m. It has never crashed. (Could be since I have a 29.5 iMac)
  • dnranadnrana Posts: 119 Member
    edited June 2010
    Had the same problem after the patch. Launcher says something about incompatibility. Anyhow i think this thread might be of use.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/207683.page

Seems like the launcher updates WA before the base game causing an incompatiblity issue. All i did is went to

www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Patch_Download

And manually updated the base game to 1.12.70 by reading the instructions. Its easy and it works and I didn't have to uninstall or update anything else.

I'm pretty sure this is the answer!!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited June 2010
    Jesski wrote:

All sorted now :) We had to do a system restore the delete all his CC even the stuff on his launcher! but we finally got the update to work :) I hope this helps!

Update: Now he cant acually play the game :( he gets the sevice initialization failed (0x039e8474) can anyone help with this problem? it's 1 problem after the other isn't it!!
  • yamsi3567yamsi3567 Posts: 319 New Member
    edited June 2010
    When I installed Ambitions, it needed to patch first. I let it do that, and then Ambitions installed. When I ran it for the first time, the launcher came up and said I was up to date. I haven't had any problems in the few hours I played it last night.

It seems many people have patched with no problems.

Yamsi
  • HthrleeHthrlee Posts: 23
    edited June 2010
    I had to install the new patch because I installed Ambitions. It wouldn't let me continue without it. I now can't play ambitions. :(
  • bellalovebellalove Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2010
    My game has crashed 3 times since installing the patch last night and that was in 2 hours of play....so annoying to have to go back and do everything over again and again... :evil: If I didn't love this game I would definitely stop playing it!
  • diddl97playerdiddl97player Posts: 1,258
    edited June 2010
    I installed the patch and i can't start my game cause a message appears that says my game version is incompatible with the expasion pack.
    I followed a simGuru's instructions to update my video card and my coumputer DESTROYED!!!!! :evil:

Need help, please.... :(
    That happened to me too!:(
    What should I do?
  • simlover97simlover97 Posts: 82 New Member
    edited June 2010
    My game has been saving playing and doing everything else fine all day even with the patch installed (without ambitions)until 5 minutes ago when it decided it would not save i kept getting an error code. ARGH SOMETIMES I COULD KILL THE PEOPLE WHO GIVE US THESE FAULTY PATCHES . Well i wont worry because soon another patch will come out to 'fix' this problem :evil:
  • thegrumpthegrump Posts: 505 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Someone on the Sims 3 has found a solution to this problem. Unfortunately I am not able to provide the name of the person or the link because I cannot navigate after page 2 or 3 of the forum without seeing the nerd page.

Thank you for whoever gave this suggestion and I will try to explain it in my own words.

Most crashes have an error code 0xC0000005, which typically means faulty memory. However, most of us have perfectly functional memory, so what went wrong? The person who gave this idea suggested that Windows' Data Execution Prevention (DEP) thinks The Sims 3 was handling memory in an improper fashion.

This isn't true.

As a result you will have to create an exception in the DEP list so it will not crash (will not work for everyone).

Adding an exception to the DEP list:

1. Open System Properties

Vista and 7: Open up the System window, then click on change settings link near the bottom of the page (under Computer name, domain and workgroup settings).

I apologize but I have not used XP in a while... I will find out how to do that then update this page.

2. In the System Properties window, open the Advanced Tab, then click Settings... under the Performance section

3. Go to the Data Execution Prevention tab and set the setting to "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:"

4. Click on the "Add..." button and add all of your Sims 3 games.

Base Game:
    C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe

World Adventuers:
    C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin\TS3EP01.exe

High-End Loft Stuff:
    C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff\Game\Bin\TS3SP01.exe

Ambitions:
    C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions\Game\Bin\TS3EP02.exe

64 bit users: C:\Program Files (x86)\...

5. Click ok and restart
  • laurenruth915laurenruth915 Posts: 4,102 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Werid. A lot of people have been complaining about patches. Yet, I've never had a problem with them. Maybe your pc can't take all the extra data a patch proposes?
  • DeadlySimPDeadlySimP Posts: 2,124 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I have 323 GB left...and a very good video card....It will play great for me....I BELIEVE AND CROSS FINGERS FOR THAT
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    edited June 2010
    I downloaded the patch and my game works fine! I love the new patch because there are more options in edit town, also tattoo's. But why didn't they add memories?!
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited June 2010
    @DeadlySimP,

lol

And I'm crossing my fingers with you! ^_^

By the way, just to update, I installed Ambitions and so far my game plays fine. I only played for 90 minutes (I have work in the morning) but so far so good. I haven't had any of the glitches/bugs that other people have mentioned.

However, I'm still struggling to use this jacked up site...oh, the irony!
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • OliverSuddenOliverSudden Posts: 514 New Member
    edited June 2010
    cublove wrote:
    My game ended up crashing too.... I installed it, and my EA downloader ended up disappearing(*very strange*)... I had to go to the ea site and reinstall it. Then I had to uninstall the latest version of the game I had on my computer, and then reinstall it and reload all of the patches, it works fine now.. It was very time consuming though.

Pretty much like my experience only instead of crashing, I couldn't get the updater to work (got that version 0.0.00 screwup) when I tried to install Ambitions. After uninstalling, cleaning the computer, defragging and reinstalling everything, it works now (fingers crossed).

No, it usually doesn't take two days of my "spare" time to install an expansion.

I guess I can see how it would be headache for EA, too, having to try to create a patch that works for the base game and all the combos of addins people have, but still...
  • Arelly3Arelly3 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I was so excited about this new ep, but after reading most of the post I am having doubts in getting it. I had trouble with the first patch (base game), it crashed and messed up my computer. My husband fixed it and I installed the game with out any updates, I have world adventures and updated then, I haven't had a lot of problems other than freezing in CAS. Hope that you all can enjoy the game and find a solution to the problem. The ep looks really cool!