Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Simpoints In The Sims 3 Ambitions.

2...Next

Comments

• fs747574fsfs747574fs Posts: 102 Member
    edited May 2010
    hopefully if it's not sim points they'll give us something decent. :roll:
  • martymcflymartymcfly Posts: 472 Member
    edited May 2010
    Rakeesh wrote:
    Jaghar7 wrote:
    Now if their prices were at least comparable to a stuff pack (which I still think is way to high) I might consider spending a little more money. Free simpoints is a good promotional tool and it's really not that much the way things are priced now.

Actually, they are in line for the most part. Actually, they're better now. The old stuff packs included recolours in their total item count, which made them seem much more loaded/appealing. But with Sims 3 and it's innate recolouring properties, we get over a billion possibilities per item as long as it includes recolour.

Otherwise, just stick to sets or items that are closest to the 0.33$/item number. That's the magic number for stuff packs to strive for, even if they keep missing the mark by 5-10 cents..... :\

Your math was wrong way back in June when I pointed it out with numerous distinct examples, and it's still wrong a year later. But don't worry, I won't embarrass you again by reposting the details. It gets a bit boring after a while putting those same details up over and over gain because by now your either smart enough to know that the store is a mess of overpriced crap, or so enamored of EA and the game that it doesn't matter to you.

And your recoloring nonsense should have absolutely nothing to do with the cost of the items in the store and is a red herring simply thrown into the argument for the sake of throwing it in. I guess because you think it sounds good.

As for the free stuff being something decent, don't hold your breath. It seldom is.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited May 2010
    I for one will have to download this dlc. It even has extra private investogater cases. What I'm downloading it for thou is mostly the hair. You can never have too much hair in the game and I bet some of it will look good.
  • CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I hope that is not the case. It is unfair enough that it is. We scandinavian players always gets fewer free objects than american players and we can not buy cashcards for the store either. Why does EA continue to ignore us scandinavian players and players from the rest of the world? USA is not the only country in the world. Enough is enough. Am I the only one that think this? :x

No, you are not the only one to think that. I live in an unsupported country too and those free/bonus simpoints that come with my games are the only way that I can get any Store content. I feel cheated and left out too. When will the rest of the world be included and supported by EA. If you sell the game in X country you should support your customer base there too!
  • wolfmanjack9900wolfmanjack9900 Posts: 59 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Unfortunatly anyone outside of the United States can't by sim points.
  • diddl97playerdiddl97player Posts: 1,258
    edited May 2010
    I hope that is not the case. It is unfair enough that it is. We scandinavian players always gets fewer free objects than american players and we can not buy cashcards for the store either. Why does EA continue to ignore us scandinavian players and players from the rest of the world? USA is not the only country in the world. Enough is enough. Am I the only one that think this? :x

No, you are not the only one to think that. I live in an unsupported country too and those free/bonus simpoints that come with my games are the only way that I can get any Store content. I feel cheated and left out too. When will the rest of the world be included and supported by EA. If you sell the game in X country you should support your customer base there too!
    I am feeling that too,so you girls are not the only ones.
  • SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited May 2010
    Companies only do to customers what they will stand for. Like the rising gas prices, they only keep rising because people keep paying. So if EA can get away with charging $40 for the game (which it looks like they will) without giving the points then they are going to. Unless us as people start standing up and saying enough is enough, bull c*r*a*p like this is going to keep happening.
  • Anangel4onlyoneAnangel4onlyone Posts: 89 New Member
    edited May 2010

I rarely buy Sim points from the store (I get taxed twice on it) But I can go to the Store online and buy them that way. I just need my credit/debit card. Can't people outside the US do that or will they not let ya cause of the Visa MasterCard logos. Not sure if those card companies exist outside the US.
  • bibmibibmi Posts: 41 Member
    edited May 2010

Not true.
  • LotusflowerLotusflower Posts: 234 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I totally agree with CoffeeChick0. Why should some countries be unsupported and be left out and cheated? It is the same way for me. The only way for me to get something from the store is through free simpoints. Cashcards should be sold in every country who sells Sims 3. :(
  • Paperpin8Paperpin8 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited May 2010
    You CAN buy SimPoints if you're outside the US. Or, at least, you can do it everywhere if you have a Visa/Mastercard/American Express credit card or a Paypal account.
    The bad thing is that - beyond being taxed for that - not all the players have a credit card, especially the younger ones.

Also, but this may happen in Italy only, SimCard prices varies according to the store you buy it at..so you can basically pay 15€ or 10€ for the same amount of SimPoints (1000). Big deal, huh?
  • JesskiJesski Posts: 52 Member
    edited May 2010
    In the U.K we can buy sim points from shops, and we can buy them using our mobile phones :D
  • MohamadkaakiMohamadkaaki Posts: 1,632
    edited May 2010
    NOO !! i really need the sim points :'( .. I hope they include sime points :'(
    edited May 2010
    Paperpin8 wrote:
    You CAN buy SimPoints if you're outside the US. Or, at least, you can do it everywhere if you have a Visa/Mastercard/American Express credit card or a Paypal account.
    The bad thing is that - beyond being taxed for that - not all the players have a credit card, especially the younger ones.

Also, but this may happen in Italy only, SimCard prices varies according to the store you buy it at..so you can basically pay 15€ or 10€ for the same amount of SimPoints (1000). Big deal, huh?

Actually, I did see the credit card and paypal options the other day but previously it clearly stated a list of support countries and where I lived was not supported. I couldn’t find that darn list so I’m not 100% sure if they changed that policy. Frankly, I was a bit leery of giving my info to try out the new credit card/paypal options.

Can anyone answer if EA changed it’s mind and started letting those of us in the “unsupported countries” to use our credit cards or not? Anyone try it?
    edited May 2010
    I totally agree with CoffeeChick0. Why should some countries be unsupported and be left out and cheated? It is the same way for me. The only way for me to get something from the store is through free simpoints. Cashcards should be sold in every country who sells Sims 3. :(

I agree, about the cash cards. And I have yet to see or hear that they are selling them here.
    edited May 2010
    Ok, I went back and doubled checked the pay by credit card and the pay pal options and in the slot where you pick your country it only brings up a very limited list of countries for you to select from. And where I live is not on the list. So I assume certain countries are STILL unsupported by the store even if you hold a valid Visa/Mastercard or a Paypal account.

Is there a Guru who can answer this question?
  • Anangel4onlyoneAnangel4onlyone Posts: 89 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Nokuoro wrote:
    I've got some bad news for you guys. In The Sims 3 Ambitions, they are not going to include 1,000 simpoints in the expansion pack. But they are adding a download to some content if you register you game.. Sorry guys.. but you can also go to Wal-Mart, GameStop and BestBuy to buy some.. :D

wonder what would happen if I went to my local GameStop and just asked them to look at the packaging (if they have it in yet) to see if there will be sim points. I mean my WA clearly stated (in small print but I read every inch of those cases/booklets when I'm installing) and it said free sim points. So if there are free points it seems to reason that it will be written on the case. I could just say I'm curious and it'll help with my decision to buy it now or not. Or something like that. Then again one staffer there said that the Sims game was being relased in Nov (which is what I thought till I came here and learned otherwise) unless that was the console ones. Ok I'm rambling now.
  • reni401reni401 Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited May 2010
    wonder what would happen if I went to my local GameStop and just asked them to look at the packaging (if they have it in yet) to see if there will be sim points. I mean my WA clearly stated (in small print but I read every inch of those cases/booklets when I'm installing) and it said free sim points. So if there are free points it seems to reason that it will be written on the case.

[hans] They PROBABLY don't have them at the stores, yet. Having worked for EB Games/Gamestop corporate offices in the past, shipment usually took place a day or two before product release to time the arrival at the store level with the game's release.