Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite game release day tradition?

Title says it all...

With the approach of Sims 3 Ambitions (oh why oh why isn't it June 1st yet??), what is your favorite tradition on release day?

Do you get all your housework done? Do you do fresh installs of your game? Do you order a favorite lunch? Stalk the front door ready to grab it out of the delivery guy's hands? (My sister did that.. tore it open with her teeth before she even signed for it.. got the weirdest look from the fedex guy teehee). Or do you perch outside the game store ready to pounce the employees?

Mine is I'll go to gamestop and pick up my game then go to subway for my favorite hoagie!
tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg

Comments

• Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2010
    Well, I am not getting it on the release day, but maybe later after people are sharing reviews on Youtube, or here on the forum. I want to see if it actually interest me a lot:)
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited May 2010
    I wait for the Fed-Ex guy, or run to Best Buy! Once I have it, I get into my comfy sweat pants, and grab a bunch of snacks and diet Coke! (Hubby has to fend for himself for dinner!) Then I settle into my office all night!! :mrgreen:
  • kimwriter75kimwriter75 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited May 2010
    I tell everyone I will see them in 4-5 days. :)
    Imagination > Knowledge
  • GeorgefPlayGeorgefPlay Posts: 4,459 Member
    edited May 2010
    My preparations start four days before.
    I get done all my homework and begin telling to my father: ''In Friday The Sims 3 <<insert title here>> releases.Don't forget to go and buy it!''
    I continue telling this until I finally see my copy in my hands. OMG! *faints*
  • iammypersonaiammypersona Posts: 1,968 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Chimp2678 wrote:
    Well, I am not getting it on the release day, but maybe later after people are sharing reviews on Youtube, or here on the forum. I want to see if it actually interest me a lot:)

Same here. :P
  • cllevettcllevett Posts: 930 Member
    edited May 2010
    Stalking the UPS or FedEx website with my tracking number watching my package gets closer & closer!
  • ChelseabexChelseabex Posts: 95 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Do all my homework & revision! Then get comfy in my room for the next 24hrs! :D
  • LovelytoesLovelytoes Posts: 789 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Lol well when the sims 3 came out, I was panicking because I was worried they'd run out (despite the fact we have a WalMart right next to the Best Buy, and a Gamestop across the street from the Best Buy, all in one plaza)
    BUT I WAS STILL PANICKING.
    so my mom pre-ordered one
    but I woke up before Best Buy was open
    so we got one at walmart and picked up our preordered one later

so I end up with two
  • JennIJillJennIJill Posts: 86 New Member
    edited May 2010
    My favorite is this years tradition. and last years but I'm getting it after work and getting pulp (a smoothie) to go with the game. hot new game, cold frosty treat!
  • SpoonsterSpoonster Posts: 354 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I always pre-order and on the day I'm usually at college so I spend the whole day planning what I'm gonna do then come, install it and find that theres not enough room on my computer and have to do some heavy deleting :)
  • RosieH82RosieH82 Posts: 424 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I have an exam(luckily the day before) so I have preordered it and will spend the whole day exploring everything new and having my mum in my ear telling me it is not healthy to be playing it all day. She just doesnt understand :shock: :lol:
  • NarmezNarmez Posts: 34 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Once I have it installing I'll do the dishes and give my mom a call so there won't be any interruptions once I start playing :-)
  • NokuoroNokuoro Posts: 3,413 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Well, i have pre-ordered the game, so GameStop will call me probably about 10:00am when they open. I go down there and pick up the game. Then I come home and do a LIVE unboxing and then i'll re-record me unboxing it and put it on youtube. my channel is: http://www.youtube.com/user/SIMul8rReviews
  • JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited May 2010
    I will be up bright and early waiting for my local eb games to open at 830 at which point I will run in and demand my copy (they know me by name there now. We've only lived here for 5months!!). Then Ill race home screaming at the traffic lights to hurry up, jump out of the car, run into my room and install and play until I have to go to uni, Ill do my assessment and then Ill come home and play all night :D:D
  • The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Panic, go down to the store buy(with giftcard that I have saved from my B-day) then race home, install and play until midnight. I won't be getting much sleep around then,lol. :D
  • sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited May 2010
    to my game i do nothing. I wait most impatiently that day for the ups man to arrive. Hopeing to God he does not get lost. We live in an unusaual area, so ya he can get lost. Then as he comes i politely thank him for find our place. When no one is looking I run like crazy to my trailer, install and start exploreing. Since i have no cc and no mods, i won't have a problem with the install. So its then just the impatient feeling of hurry up install already. :)

Then like i said i spend hours on hours exploreing every aspect i can find in the game thats possibly new.
  • ihartsnapeihartsnape Posts: 58 Member
    edited May 2010
    I'll make sure everything is out of the way so I won't have any interruptions. That means taking care of my cats for the day, among other things.

I'll call my favorite Japanese restaurant and order something to eat, which I'll grab on the way to pick up my game and strategy guide. I pre-ordered my game at Best Buy for in-store pickup. Hopefully they'll also have the strategy guide in at the same time. They wouldn't allow me to pre-order the strategy guide for in-store pickup, for some reason. Maybe at a later date. If they don't have it, I'll check Gamestop which is in the same shopping center.

When I get home, I'll remove my custom content and start my game installing. While it's installing, I'll enjoy my Japanese food while reading through the strategy guide. I'll probably spend tons of time in CAS creating the perfect Sim to start out with. I'll take forever to pick the perfect house or lot to move in to. Then I'll agonize over which career to try first. It. Will. Be. Perfect. :-)
  • salfaxsalfax Posts: 159
    edited May 2010
    Mine is I'll go to gamestop and pick up my game then go to subway for my favorite hoagie!

Mine is similar to yours. I go to the mall and first pick up my game. Then I go down to the food court to get something to eat. Sort of like a celebration meal. :D
  • JesskiJesski Posts: 52 Member
    edited May 2010
    I usually get up, catch the first bus in to town (cant drive:( ) then pick the game up then catch the next bus home and install the game :D
  • TheresaStTheresaSt Posts: 23
    edited May 2010
    It may sound weird but... I stop playing the game prio 4-5 days before.
    That way, when I start it it has this "extra fresh" feeling. I haven't played the game for a while, and then upon installing the new game, I get all giddy.
    :roll:
  • immskayleahimmskayleah Posts: 1,818 Member
    edited May 2010
    It's been the same with me since TS2. I spend all morning hating the UPS driver, then when they finally get here around 4 or 5 pm, I run out and thank him/her so politely, (while thinking "You couldn't just hurry could you!?") I run inside and start installing. The whole time it's installing I'm thinking that I'm surely going to die if it doesn't hurry up! :oops: I tell hubby for about the 100th time that there are leftovers in the fridge. :lol:
    Then I play until I feel like my eyes have sandpaper in them. That's when I'll come in here and say what I think. :D
  • PancakeliciousPancakelicious Posts: 2,585 New Member
    edited May 2010
    At the moment I'm begging my parents to buy it. They are just ignoring me though because it's not even out yet(hurry up June 1st)
  • NettybeeNettybee Posts: 968 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I'll probably wake up in the afternoon(I'm nocturnal. XD) and then try to wait patiently for my fiance to get out of bed and take me to go get my game(I don't drive)as I have it pre-ordered. I'll then come home and be all fidgety as I wait for my mother in law to get off the computer. Once I get the computer I'll take out all my CC, start the installation, and then read the booklet as it installs.

I'll play for hours and hours then after I make the perfect sim. I'm already planning out my sims and such.
  • LadyAsprinLadyAsprin Posts: 53 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I normally get up and go out to the store for opening time on the day of release, after spending the night reading the forums (the benefit of being in the UK).

But since I will be down at my parents it will be driving out to the store (we have to go further since the nearest store refused to do a preorder over the phone), then we are going supermarket shopping and going to the army surplus store.

Once home it will be the fun joy of installing on my laptop so I won't really have played the game until I get back up to Edinburgh and get it installed on my pc.
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    edited May 2010
    It is such a huuuuge relief to notice there are others that have traditions about the Sims. When the base game came i just installed it and started playing..wasn't paying much attention to every little cool details..i was just sooo excited to finally be able to play.

(it was awful to wait for the game..i don't know if you guys got a teaser about The Sims3 with one of the TS2 EPs -i did- and i made the biggest mistake and watched it! ARGH! :D )

Anyways, when the WA came i started to play more "seriously" and noticed how awesome the game (+EP) actually was.

Then in february -for some reason- i uninstalled both of the games. Not sure why...But then i noticed a new EP was going to be released! First i tried to wait, i wanted to buy this new EP first before installing everything. Couldn't wait so i've now been playing and waiting for Ambitions. LOL.

My tradition this year is:
    Get the EP, get some snacks or something and vanilla cola (yum!), take the dog out for a walk so i don't have to do that later while i try to play, let everyone know to leave me alone for the rest of the day, switch my cellphone to mute, put some comfy clothes on, install the game and EPs and start playing.
    I'm epileptic (which hasn't slowed me down much LOL) so i have to take short breaks every now and then (=first i play 4 hours and then i go downstairs for like 1 minute and then come back HAHA!)

When i first start to play i always create my sims. And gosh! that takes soooooo long! :D I won't be satisfied until i get my sims juuust perfect. Which means i will spend something like one hour with one sim! Then the first day usually ends with me building a dream house for my sims...phew! :)
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"