Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

can sims get sick now?

Since the doctor career is going to be more active, can sims get sick now? I read that they will have health clinics and doctors can give shots...
Been playing The Sims since 2001. Mother to a beautiful girl.
scdwkk.png

Comments

• itsgrimitsgrim Posts: 327
    edited May 2010
    NiLLA wrote:
    Since the doctor career is going to be more active, can sims get sick now? I read that they will have health clinics and doctors can give shots...

I believe they've discussed Sims getting ill and choking on lots (eg. The Bistro) and that doctors in the area can help them out as well as free health clinics. So, I'd say yes. Though, I'm not sure how. Perhaps it'll just be a pop-up message? It should be fun to find out!
  • zanysazyzanysazy Posts: 2,210 New Member
    edited May 2010
    sims might need to be immunised againt plumbob superiority disease
  • TiumiTiumi Posts: 545 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I suspect in Ambitions, our Sim(s) can get the flu.

zanysazy: The plumbob superiority disease, reminded me of Kelis' song 'Milkshake' but exchange milkshake for plumbob. :mrgreen:
  • hungryhippo724hungryhippo724 Posts: 65
    edited May 2010
    I'd say that you'll be able to get sick. Or else what is the point of EA making doctors? :lol:
  • Brayds2006Brayds2006 Posts: 5
    edited May 2010
    If they did, d'you think they'd put in a Spline Illness? 'Spline Medicombustion' sounds so catchy! :D
  • JesskiJesski Posts: 52 Member
    edited May 2010
    It will be fun finding out :) I hope there will be lots if sickness and diseases :twisted: but only so they can be cured :D
  • ameliuh321ameliuh321 Posts: 3,767 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I wouldn't mind just one 'simified' disease. And you can call in a doctor and buy some medication. And then be a doctor and cure other sims! Course it shouldn't be related to any real disease - too much risk in getting a crowd of people angry.
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited May 2010
    They would probably do things a bit like Theme Hospital. They had diseases such as the uncommon cold and the television personality disorder.
  • SpoonsterSpoonster Posts: 354 New Member
    edited May 2010
    :O theme hospital!! I loved that game soo much, especially with the bloatyhead disease (or whatever it was called). I think that people who have WA should get a proper special disease from tiberium that needs to be cured by a doctor instead of just the negative moodlet :)
  • NarmezNarmez Posts: 34 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I'm hoping for the return of the Guinea Pig Disease, myself.. :-)
  • ChiodosMurderChiodosMurder Posts: 287 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I'm sure they will bring about illness to the game, considering doctors can make house calls, and what would be the point if no one was sick? (unless this was just a feature for pregnant Sims instead of making them go to the hospital for medical advice). But I read that there will be clinics, etc, for doctors to work at.
  • Elilie101Elilie101 Posts: 1,367 New Member
    edited May 2010
    WAIT Bloatyheaditis is part of a career pop up when you're a doctor, now! You have to pick whether you think it's Bloatyheaditis or something else...
  • CinblesCinbles Posts: 979
    edited May 2010
    I think, since TS3WA had the mummy's curse death that TS3A will have diseases as the new death, in other words, yes they will have disease i think
  • DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    edited May 2010
    well
    hopefully this would result to additional ways sims can die

and one such would be from death caused by sickness/illness
  • JoaoxLucasJoaoxLucas Posts: 245
    edited May 2010
    I think we will have new ways to die, but i dont have sure they will add diseases in the game now.
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited May 2010
    They have to have diseases and injuries, otherwise the Doctor has nothing to do.

The question is, will there be communicable diseases, that spread from one sim to another, like the flu in sims 2?

I hope so ;)