Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 277 Member
    I'm doing the Villainous Valentine aspiration and I'm trying to break up a couple but the interaction isn't show up in the mean tab. Do I need a certain level of charisma or friendship level to have the interaction show up?
  • ElleLaAmourElleLaAmour Posts: 360 Member
    @ElleLaAmour Have you tried on a vanilla game?

Do you mean like a brand-new game on a new save file? Are you thinking my game might be corrupted? Thanks.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    @ElleLaAmour I mean without mods.
    gen3-banner.png
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    I've never seen this interaction on the computer before?
    ZEMumAt.png

I can't find "Investigate" on the computer as an option.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    random comment, I just love to see how dormies decorate their room :smiley:
    90VQV0K.png
    diVsKXN.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina

Thank you! That was a great idea. I unchecked both mod related thingies, restarted the game and looked for the replace option. But to my suprise, I still didn't have the replace option.

I'm at a total loss for why my game doesn't give me that option anymore, but it's really no biggie. I'll just save no more than 7 to a household from now on.

Thanks again Mighty.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    Hey guys, I know I've asked about this before, but I just don't have the option to "replace household" in my game. I know it exist for you, in your games, because I've watched youtube videos and have seen the option with my own eyes.

If I already have 8 people on a save file in my library, and I hit "place household", it refuses and says merging would exceed the household limit. There's no other option available to me such as "replace" household.

Even if I merge less than the limit of sims, I only have the option to merge household. I never have an option to "replace" household.

Where has my "replace" option gone? Could it be a side-effect from a mod, maybe? Thank you for your help.

It could be a mod. Hard to say. Try pulling your Mods folder and then try again. Weird that you don't have the option.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    @ElleLaAmour Have you tried on a vanilla game?

Do you mean like a brand-new game on a new save file? Are you thinking my game might be corrupted? Thanks.

Generally, when a person plays vanilla, it means without mods/cc.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php

Thank you! That was a great idea. I unchecked both mod related thingies, restarted the game and looked for the replace option. But to my suprise, I still didn't have the replace option.

I'm at a total loss for why my game doesn't give me that option anymore, but it's really no biggie. I'll just save no more than 7 to a household from now on.

Thanks again Mighty.

You need to do a game repair. Something isn't right.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 534 Member
    @Reaganbogan the platonic "Break Up" interaction is under Mean > Malicious > Other Sims. You don't need a very strong relationship for it to come up as an option, but I've never actually been able to make it work. They always get mad and tell me to mind my business. If you don't mind getting mixed up in a scandal, there's an option under Romance called "Convince to Leave Spouse" that becomes available if your romance bar is high.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I would get inspired for a new save when the gallery goes down. :D Hopefully, it’ll be back up soon!

Thanks again Mighty.

You need to do a game repair. Something isn't right.

Thank you. I did a repair, but that didn't fix the problem. Next, I'll remove the mod folder as you suggested. I've never done that before, but I assume it's safe to temporarily relocate it to my documents folder.

But before I do that, can we just be certain that I'm looking for the "replace" option in the right place to begin with?

First of all, I have to access the gallery from live mode, not CAS. If I try to do it from CAS, a popup says it can't be done in this mode.

So I go to live mode, and I click on an existing file containing 8 household members. I want to replace my current household with these 8 sims.
    When I do this, a popup showing the 8 household members appears, and in the bottom, right, corner of the popup is where I should find the option to either merge with or replace the current household.

But in my game, that button in the corner is already dead, and if I hover over it, it says merging would exceed the household limit. I have no further options.

Even if I want to merge two small households, I'm only given the option to merge, and never to replace.

I hope you guys are getting a paycheck from EA because I don't know what I'd do without you. Thank you.
    edited June 2023
    @ElleLaAmour ALWAYS IN DOCUMENTS WITH THE GAME OFF. Before you pull your mods. Do a game folder refresh. Add something like _old to your current folder (Sims 4_old) so it won't be read. Then start your game. A new folder will generate. You can then plop down a random Sim and see if the desired button is back and functional. I never do CAS from map mode for an existing family. I wasn't even aware it was possible. The only time I've had it come up is when I want to add a new family to my game. You know how you get a random Sim when you when select New save? Or even when you go to add a new family by clicking on that arrow in Map View? I will go into My Library immediately to place the family I want. When I do that I get the option to add to or replace the current family. I hope I have made myself understandable.

After you realize the game is working as it should, then you can in documents replace the new saves folder for the one in your 'old' game folder. Do the same for your Tray, too. You can even replace the Screenshots so you don't lose your pictures. Then, if you wish, replace the Mods folder. I always keep the Resource file you'll find in the empty Mods folder and replace the older one in the existing Mods folder with all of your mods and cc. Others may suggest it isn't necessary, but I like the file to match the new games folder, on the whole. So far, so good. I do hope this method restores what's missing in your game. If not, then pull the Mods folder. If it does work after that you've got to do the 50/50 method on your mods to find the culprit. If that fails, take it to the support thread.

Best of luck!
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 277 Member
    Thank you for the options @Eleri
    @ElleLaAmour ALWAYS IN DOCUMENTS WITH THE GAME OFF. Before you pull your mods. Do a game folder refresh. Add something like _old to your current folder (Sims 4_old) so it won't be read. Then start your game. A new folder will generate. You can then plop down a random Sim and see if the desired button is back and functional. I never do CAS from map mode for an existing family. I wasn't even aware it was possible. The only time I've had it come up is when I want to add a new family to my game. You know how you get a random Sim when you when select New save? Or even when you go to add a new family by clicking on that arrow in Map View? I will go into My Library immediately to place the family I want. When I do that I get the option to add to or replace the current family. I hope I have made myself understandable.

After you realize the game is working as it should, then you can in documents replace the new saves folder for the one in your 'old' game folder. Do the same for your Tray, too. You can even replace the Screenshots so you don't lose your pictures. Then, if you wish, replace the Mods folder. I always keep the Resource file you'll find in the empty Mods folder and replace the older one in the existing Mods folder with all of your mods and cc. Others may suggest it isn't necessary, but I like the file to match the new games folder, on the whole. So far, so good. I do hope this method restores what's missing in your game. If not, then pull the Mods folder. If it doesn't work after that you've got to do the 50/50 method on your mods to find the culprit. If that fails, take it to the support thread.

Best of luck!

Thank you so much! You did a wonderful job of explaining this and I'm glad I asked before doing anything on my own. lol

But before I attempt this, I'm going to consider staring all over and just playing a base game from now on. I've been having too much trouble with mods lately and that's because I have way too much of it. I don't even know for sure what I have. :)

After you realize the game is working as it should, then you can in documents replace the new saves folder for the one in your 'old' game folder. Do the same for your Tray, too. You can even replace the Screenshots so you don't lose your pictures. Then, if you wish, replace the Mods folder. I always keep the Resource file you'll find in the empty Mods folder and replace the older one in the existing Mods folder with all of your mods and cc. Others may suggest it isn't necessary, but I like the file to match the new games folder, on the whole. So far, so good. I do hope this method restores what's missing in your game. If not, then pull the Mods folder. If it doesn't work after that you've got to do the 50/50 method on your mods to find the culprit. If that fails, take it to the support thread.

Best of luck!

Thank you so much! You did a wonderful job of explaining this and I'm glad I asked before doing anything on my own. lol

But before I attempt this, I'm going to consider staring all over and just playing a base game from now on. I've been having too much trouble with mods lately and that's because I have way too much of it. I don't even know for sure what I have. :)

That also might be the way to go. Me? I have certain mods I simply can't play my game without. MCCC, Road to Fame, which allows Erik to do concerts/photoshoots and received gifts from fans. Plus, who could manage without those two persistent Obsessed Fans. LOL Also, while Erik was still living with his parents, the SimRealism SNB and SNB-Bills are a must. These two mods allow for each Sim in a household to have their own bank accounts. It's even possible to set them up so that their paycheck goes straight into their own accounts. So much easier that the Vault that came with Get Famous, I tell you. I could remove those, now. But, I am also able to change the percentage on the house taxes. At 3% Erik pays over 11,000 Simoleons as it is.

Happy Simming!
  • MrManyIdeasMrManyIdeas Posts: 202 Member
    Eleri wrote: »
    But the options "Plan a wedding" and Get married to..." was greyed out and the game meant that it should be inappropriate to get married to someone she hired and I must first fire that person before getting married. Um...what? My sim did not hire anyone for anything (yet). I did not fulfill the planing of the wedding... How does this work? :o
    @MrManyIdeas I don't know why the message for this error talks about employing people, but that's not what it is. You're not allowed to marry someone if at least one of you are still officially dating someone else. Check your sim's romantic relationship tab to see if she still has any boyfriends or girlfriends other than the fiance. If she does, invite the other people over and end the relationship(s). If your sim doesn't have anyone else with boyfriend/girlfriend status, then the fiance is probably seeing someone and you have to play them to see who else they're dating and break up.

What I did forget to add was that I translated the message as well as I could into English. My game is in Swedish.

OK, thank you. I will check the relations. I do not think my sims are dating someone else and their relationship bars are both full. If I do not find anything in the relations I will try to get my sims to marry.

So I did check this today when I had a short play session. The female sim does not have any romantic relationships with someone but the male sim does have one with Olivia Kim-Lewis. Now, this relationship is from the time when he were a teenager and it's so low the pink is not even visible. And as Olivia, who is still a teenager, and the young adult man can not have any romantic interactions they can not break up either. So I think my sims can get married without any drama.

edited June 2023
    My sim self's son Harry aged up in to a Young Adult on a Thursday, come Sunday there's no graduation notification and the event doesn't happen. I can't seem to find the interaction to "ask about graduation" on other sims. He has the graduated with Honors trate. It's now Monday the following week and there's still no notification for Harry's graduation. I recently repaired the game during my hunt to solve the curtains issue.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    @Brd709 wrote: »
    My sim self's son Harry aged up in to a Young Adult on a Thursday, come Sunday there's no graduation notification and the event doesn't happen. I can't seem to find the interaction to "ask about graduation" on other sims. He has the graduated with Honors trate. It's now Monday the following week and there's still no notification for Harry's graduation. I recently repaired the game during my hunt to solve the curtains issue.

If I remember correctly, that was a bug when HSY first released. I'm not sure if it's been fixed or not. You may want to go to AHQ and see if it has.

In the meantime, try checking the calendar and see if there is one scheduled. If it isn't I don't know what to tell you. I've had 1 graduation ever and it went off without any real issues. I haven't played HSY since last summer.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel

If I remember correctly, that was a bug when HSY first released. I'm not sure if it's been fixed or not. You may want to go to AHQ and see if it has.

In the meantime, try checking the calendar and see if there is one scheduled. If it isn't I don't know what to tell you. I've had 1 graduation ever and it went off without any real issues. I haven't played HSY since last summer.

His teen sister Jessica ages up in two weeks time, I’m wondering if the game is waiting for her to age up so they can both graduate together?

The last time I had sims graduate was in 1992, it’s now 1997 in my save and because of this bug, those sims graduating in 1992 ended up graduating twice!
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »

His teen sister Jessica ages up in two weeks time, I’m wondering if the game is waiting for her to age up so they can both graduate together?

The last time I had sims graduate was in 1992, it’s now 1997 in my save and because of this bug, those sims graduating in 1992 ended up graduating twice!

I don't think that's how it works but, again I haven't played HSY much.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    Brd709 wrote: »

That's what happened in my game, repeatedly. I finally resorted to just have them graduate early and move on to University. Sorry to hear this problem still exits. At least he's got the Honors Trait.
  • SolomuttSolomutt Posts: 49 Member
    I'm glad you started this thread. I have questions and I can't start a thread myself.

How much autonomy do sims have? There are times when I want them to do something, but I'm tied up with a different sim only to find that they actually did it on their own w/o direction. (Like doing homework). Can the sims in the neighborhood date each other/get married to each other? They call my sim to tell them about their dates or how they love another sim, etc.

I thought that things would be suspended at home once a sim goes to university, but I had one sim get a phone call the second they got to the dorm telling them that their father died. But there are certain circumstances...the father had ALREADY died before, but my sim pleaded with the Reaper and got him back. I know thats only a temporary reprieve, so perhaps that was why.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    edited June 2023
    Solomutt wrote: »
    I'm glad you started this thread. I have questions and I can't start a thread myself.

How much autonomy do sims have? There are times when I want them to do something, but I'm tied up with a different sim only to find that they actually did it on their own w/o direction. (Like doing homework). Can the sims in the neighborhood date each other/get married to each other? They call my sim to tell them about their dates or how they love another sim, etc.

I thought that things would be suspended at home once a sim goes to university, but I had one sim get a phone call the second they got to the dorm telling them that their father died. But there are certain circumstances...the father had ALREADY died before, but my sim pleaded with the Reaper and got him back. I know thats only a temporary reprieve, so perhaps that was why.

If you have "Full autonomy on", then the Sims will do their own actions. Sometimes you as the player may like, other times not. For when unplayed (either not played at all or your Sims that at the moment are not being played), that is more complicated now. You can set what they are 'allowed to do'.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    Solomutt wrote: »

It sounds like he may have died of old age the first time, then continued aging up to death while your student was away? When sims move out for university, they become their own household. Other households may continue to age depending on your game settings. If you go to game options, gameplay settings, then you can adjust auto age for played sims. “Only active household” means only your student will age, while your other played households will have their age frozen.

If neighborhood stories got him, you can configure those settings for death from the manage worlds menu, either for individual families or the whole save.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top