Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Stories Yeah or Nay

I have been hearing so many mixed reviews about this game pack. Is it worth it? have to repaired the bugs? Or is it still buggy?
The author of The Student Librarian for sale at Amazon. Keep watching for more up coming novels.

Comments

• manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I personally really like the pack. You have to really micromanage, but that's my playstyle anyway, lol. The only issues I come across are space and routing issues for certain activities. It just takes a little getting used to. Be sure before you get it though because it completely overrides base game weddings.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I'm not into weddings, but still enjoy this pack. Some wedding props can be used in other settings, like I'd use the buffet tables and champagne serving at my celebrities' premiers or promo events, and at finer dinners within my many noble houses. Also features like slow dancing, impressive cakes and flower bouquets work fine outside the weddings, just like private home activities, or in lounge/retail etc. CAS is good, BB I don't really recall, so I can't use it that much, maybe it's quite focused on weddings. Tartosa world alone makes the pack interesting, I think.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Definitely Yeah after the fixes.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    I love Tartosa <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited May 2023
    Hi sorry idk if this goes here, but I saw that My Wedding Stories is back on sale and was wondering if people think its worth it? Is the pack still majorly broken to the point of unplayable? Also if I wanted to make my weddings small and short with minimal micro-managing, could I do that too? Any help from those who have it and use it would be very helpful.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    edited May 2023
    thanks, will check it out!
    edited May 2023
    do the actual wedding activities work yet? i know the pack was completely broken at release, like do your sims go down the aisle yet, and i heard cakes expire less quickly now? I'm just looking for some honest reviews of it to see if its worth it. I looked on steam reviews and all were very negative about it being broken, but the last one is from March, so idk if there was a patch update that fixed its main issues yet.
    Also if you search for wedding stories there are several threads posted since the wedding stories patch fix. 🙂
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    Here's a list of the current My Wedding Stories bugs. As you can see, they are pretty minor compared to the way it was at release.

[OPEN] No option to sell wedding cake to local bakery (LilSnorps)
    [OPEN] Wedding Cake Slices eaten By active Sim Before Wedding (Leighwish)
    [OPEN] 'Call Off the Wedding' interaction missing (LizPlaysSomeSims)
    [OPEN] Option to select wedding cake doesn't show up (crystalf1ambe1)
    [OPEN] Socials for vow renewal available between Married Sims (thunder11433)
    [OPEN] 'Just A Spot of Tea' Tea Set disappears (moxhollow)
    [OPEN] Wedding tea sets cause sims to do the "smell bad" animation (campepsi)
    [OPEN] Sim keeps eating reserved wedding cake (dropthemroses)
    [NEEDS SAVES] Sims can't get married at City Hall (catloverplayer)
    [NEEDS INFO] Toss wedding bouquet interaction stuck (kaiwryplays)
    [OPEN] Wedding events don’t end (LyssSimpatico)
    more info here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Issues/m-p/3445209#MWS8

I have done a few weddings with the pack and I felt like they were successful.
    I found that having more than one or two traditions listed as goals for the event made it less fun, because I don't like micromanaging. All those activities are available anyway even if you don't list them, and then it feels more like playing and less like running around trying to complete a checklist.
    NPC autonomy at weddings is definitely hit or miss. There are options on the wedding aisle and other objects to prompt the guests to take their seats, etc., but it doesn't always work the way you would expect. If it's going to destroy your experience to have a guest or two sitting cross-legged in the middle of the aisle in their swimsuit, maybe skip this one.

Honestly for my gameplay the most annoying bugs that remain are the tea set bugs. I've played two families where tea was a big part of their daily life, and someone was always complaining about the tea set being dirty or the room being messy when it wasn't.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    When it comes to Wedding Stories, ignore the title of the pack. It has the very beautiful Tartosa, pretty CAS & wonderful build objects. <3:p;)
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I love the wedding cakes and flowers in the pack. Great for building a flower shop and bakery!
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    For my playstyle I kinda preferred the simpler old wedding, but I don't hate the new wedding either. The world and CAS are really nice! I admit I bought the pack for the world and have no regrets on that.
    I'm hoping to have my sims tie the knot this weekend. I was only planning a few of the wedding ceremony activities but now I'm going to do them all, see what works, and what changes I'll have to make for the next wedding. I'm doing a backyard wedding so my biggest concern is space.

Walk down aisle
    Exchange vows
    Spousal kiss
    Blow bubbles
    Throw rice
    Have toasts
    Speeches
    Celebration feast
    Cut cake
    First dance
    Dancing
    Drinks
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @simgirl1010 good luck with your wedding!

I had another couple get married last night and it was a complete nightmare! I was so hopeful after my previous successful wedding but it did not go well at all :'(

The bride and sim of honor wouldn't walk down the aisle, despite numerous requests. Sims sat on the floor in the aisle. After the vows were exchanged the bride and sim of honour suddenly decided they would walk down the aisle... numerous times aaaargh. So the guests all threw rice over them instead of the bride and groom. Then nobody would gather for the first dance. And I hired a mixologist but they didnt turn up.

I gave up trying after that. I just left them all to it.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Carl once made a mod to fix most of the issues, but I was told it's "no longer needed" because apparently, EA addressed the bugs themselves in later patches. Now I'm reading here that it's still broken. Is it really that bad?

As you can probably tell, I myself don't own My Wedding Stories yet, but I'll buy it in the current sale. I know I really shouldn't support a broken pack, but I'm bored... and I'm not getting it for the weddings themselves anyway, but for the world, the CAS and BB stuff.
    @GrumpyGlowfish I think it's a bit hit-and-miss. I did have a near perfect wedding the previous time, but my last wedding was a disaster.

I think the venue itself probably has a lot to do with the success or failure. I discovered last night that it is better not to have more than one level in your venue. My reception was in the basement of a church but none of the guests wanted to go downstairs after the vows were exchanged.

Plenty of space is needed for a reception. Lots of room around the table for cutting the cake, lots of room around the toast bucket, lots of room around the dance floor etc. You get the idea. Lots of room! Make sure you place the aisle the correct way around (hearts in build mode closest to arch) and better to only have one wedding arch and aisle per venue. Have a buffet table for food rather than relying on a mixologist to man the bar. Make sure the bouquet is in your sims inventory if you want them to hold it walking down the aisle. Buy a spare wedding cake in case your sim eats into the first one before it is time...
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    All you say @elanorbreton is spot on. In my experience the venue does have a lot to do. There must be lots of room for them to do the activities. I do have a wedding venue with two story. My problem is more often then once they are on the story for the activities they want to go back to the one they came from. I put fences to prevent that. I never hire a mixologist. It never works properly.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Thanks for your explanations, @elanorbreton and @Ziafar. Sounds like the pack is not completely broken, there's just a couple of unwritten rules one has to follow to get it to work properly.

The only question that remains is, what exactly means "lots of room"? If you look at the default wedding venues that come with the pack, would you say they provide enough room, for future reference?
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited May 2023
    Thanks for your explanations, @elanorbreton and @Ziafar. Sounds like the pack is not completely broken, there's just a couple of unwritten rules one has to follow to get it to work properly.

The only question that remains is, what exactly means "lots of room"? If you look at the default wedding venues that come with the pack, would you say they provide enough room, for future reference?

I think one of the default wedding venues has 2 arches and isles. I have heard you should remove one of the arches, and the chairs that go with it that you are not using.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    @elanorbreton Do you have a wedding venue that works particularly well? I tend to go for an aesthetic that matches my neighborhood, and it hasn't always worked well.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited May 2023
    I love Tartosa, it’s a beautiful world, there are bottles to collect, a couple swimming areas, and I love all the CAS, especially the wedding/maid of honor dresses. There are a ton of different cakes that can be made, and the flowers are pretty. There are several different arches and other wedding stuff to use. I plan to use Tartosa for not only wedding and wedding events, but also for honeymoons and family vacations. One of my rotational saves has a lounge, wedding place, spa, nightclub, restaurant, rental home, and beach lot. I’m still working out stuff for the other rotational save.

I have not yet had a wedding since I bought the pack.
    edited May 2023
    @GrumpyGlowfish @telemwill sorry, it's late here and I'm in bed but I will check tomorrow and let you know if nobody else confirms in the meantime.

Edit: I forgot I had switched out some of my wedding venues. I am due to hold another wedding soon, so I will let you know about the venue if it is a success.
    Post edited by elanorbreton on
    edited May 2023
    Did anyone else still get a bug with the wedding cakes appearing on the wedding event lot? Maybe I didnt have a table slot available. Everything seemed to go okay. Guests actually stayed seated and reacted which was nice, and the actual ceremony with the officiant went pretty smooth. Overall I think they did finally fix some of the awful bugs I saw in review videos. The guests' outfits for "polished" though were uh....something else lol (which is not a huge issue to me). Idk if I'd say it was that fun necessarily as some of it not working sort of stressed me out lol, but it wasn't that bad. I'm really glad I got it on sale as opposed to when it first released in *that* state.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    valairia1 wrote: »
    I have been hearing so many mixed reviews about this game pack. Is it worth it? have to repaired the bugs? Or is it still buggy?

Yeah.