March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My ps5 doesn't have a disk drive

So I was surprised with a PS5 today and I just remembered I have the BG/C&D on a disk. Will I have to repurchase the BG and C&D before I can start transferring the data from the ps4?

Comments

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited May 2023
    Unfortunately yes, the base game luckily is now free, however you might need to buy cats & dogs again
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 277 Member
    Thanks for responding @Nikkih. I eventually came to that conclusion after doing some reading. Good to know the BG is still free.

Now when I'm in the playstation store on the ps5 I can't find where the base game is for free or purchase. Though I do see the deluxe available for 9.99. I also can't find the cats&dogs expansion as a single DLC,only bundled with other packs that I already have.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    That's odd, the sims 4 base game should come up as free and you should be able to purchase cats & dogs on its own aswell, it should be coming up when you type it in the search bar
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 277 Member
    Very odd, so odd I checked it again.

The base game comes up as free in the ps4 store but not in the ps5 store. The regular base game doesn't appear at all on the DLC list in the ps5 store,but the deluxe is there for 9.99. Maybe the regular BG was phased out for PS5? The strangest thing to me is both stores don't have cats&dogs as a stand alone, only bundles. I took screenshots of what I'm seeing. Thinking I should contact customer support now?
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Very odd, so odd I checked it again.

The base game comes up as free in the ps4 store but not in the ps5 store. The regular base game doesn't appear at all on the DLC list in the ps5 store,but the deluxe is there for 9.99. Maybe the regular BG was phased out for PS5? The strangest thing to me is both stores don't have cats&dogs as a stand alone, only bundles. I took screenshots of what I'm seeing. Thinking I should contact customer support now?

It’s because they never made a PS5 BG. You get the PS4 version and it just runs better on PS5.