Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think about Paranormal Pack?

Hi, what do you think about he Paranormal Pack? I don´t have it yet but I might get it next. Whats your thoughts on it?

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    It was ok for a bit of different play when I bought it but I never use it now. It got old and repetitive fast.
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    I remember nothing from this pack aside from it has a sofa I like and use occasionally.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    I really like the aesthetic of the pack and would happily take a kit continuing the theme. Perfect for an old Louisiana style colonial.

The gameplay itself is a mixed bag for me.. I like the addition of the seance table and skill, but wish they’d integrated it into the current ghost system instead of adding those weird cutesy sprite things.. Bonehilda is kinda meh, plus we already got skeleton maids with JA.

Also I don’t know if it’s a bug or not, but all haunted lots seem to have lights switched off as default?
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    edited April 2023
    The pack would be outstanding If the ghost hunter career wasn't bugged.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I absolutely love this pack! I really enjoy playing as a paranormal investigator and building haunted houses, based on real life houses that are considered haunted. I love the CAS that came with the pack, perfect for a true medium. Eventually I plan to have my favorite occults from shows and books so I can have a medium who works as investigator but also studies occult lore and sets out to cure them all, making the world a safer place. I built the actual house where the events supposedly occurred that led to the movie. It's a very old farmhouse and I have a spellcaster couple living there. She works as the medium (spellcasters learn skill faster) and he does media videos of her seances. They also farm, as I have Cottage Living, so they have a very busy life! I just love playing that story and couldn't live without the pack!
    I absolutely love this pack! I really enjoy playing as a paranormal investigator and building haunted houses, based on real life houses that are considered haunted. I love the CAS that came with the pack, perfect for a true medium. Eventually I plan to have my favorite occults from shows and books so I can have a medium who works as investigator but also studies occult lore and sets out to cure them all, making the world a safer place. I built the actual house where the events supposedly occurred that led to the movie. It's a very old farmhouse and I have a spellcaster couple living there. She works as the medium (spellcasters learn skill faster) and he does media videos of her seances. They also farm, as I have Cottage Living, so they have a very busy life! I just love playing that story and couldn't live without the pack!

Does the career work for you? I get no more ghosts after the fifth gig.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @ddd994 I believe it is part of the gameplay as my lights are always flickering on and off and frequently go off completely. I have learned to put kerosene lamps and candles in the rooms, just in case! My couple had friends over for the Winterfest holiday and of course the power went off, and she was unable to make her grand meal for the guests. The guests were all scared and running around, it was chaotic and so much fun! I plan to eventually change back to a normal lot, when I feel she has finally succeeded in dispelling the ghosts/spirits. I can always change it back when want more hauntings.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Its the best stuff pack the team has ever released. It almost feels like a game pack. BB and CAS also very strong. I wish there was even more to it.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited April 2023
    It's one of my favorite packs. I'm obsessed with the paranormal so when they announced this pack I couldn't wait to play it.

It is a bit of a bummer ghosts don't have anything to do with the career... instead this pack adds specters. If you're an OG simmer then you may recognize and appreciate Bonehilda. I love her but I wish she could be summoned via coffin vs the seance table/circle requiring the medium skill. I use the BB stuff a lot. I have a few haunted lots scattered throughout worlds. I haven't played the career in a while so I can't say if it's broken.
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,820 Member
    I like it and use it when I am in the mood you could also have a baby with guidry the last time I played with it. Though it is the same as all packs you may enjoy it but you will probably not use it the same everything or take breaks from it without thinking about it.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    I have been enjoying my one haunted house. But I gave the vampire who owns it the "brave" trait right from the start (his human roommate does not have have that trait, so he gets freaked out). The human guy can go hide under the covers while the vampire takes care of chasing off the scary stuff. This story has been fun for me to play.

I love a lot of the build and CAS items as well, and use them in non-haunted lots and other households. I haven't played much with the career, but I don't use the game careers much in the first place.

It sounds like other players have found the career buggy or poorly designed, but I feel like the rest of the pack is well made and fun.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love it! I use gameplay, cas, and build/buy items from it all the time. It’s one of my favorite packs!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    The paranormal pack is one of my favorite packs.
    One thing that is nice is that spell casters level up quickly with the seance table.
    I also like the CAS items, and the house you got with it.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I really enjoyed it. The gameplay doesn’t really last very long and isn’t as deep as it would be if it was a game pack but it’s somewhere between a stuff pack and a game pack. It’s one of the best value for money packs and there’s some good items in it.
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    Thanks for the answers everyone! I am a fashion junkie so the clothes and hairs alone seems like worth it even if the gameplay might not be exactly my thing.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    as a player its not relly worth it i mostly bough the pack for the buy build content
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited April 2023
    The absolute best stuff pack for sims 4 - I love everything about it, although I use mods for some small stuff, it's mostly perfect. The buy build is fantastic as is cas, and the gameplay features are also great. I love using all of it when I play spellcasters, as it fits right into the magical world. It's the stuff pack where you get the most for your bucks spent on it, as it contains so much for a stuff pack. If you're even remotely interested in the paranormal theme, it's very much recommended. I guess if you don't like the theme, then you'd still be able to use cas and BB, so it's still nice.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • itsTheSimsGuyitsTheSimsGuy Posts: 77 Member
    It was ok for a bit of different play when I bought it but I never use it now. It got old and repetitive fast.

I couldn’t disagree with this more. I still use it to this day. Probably one of the best stuff packs they did. There’s nothing repetitive about it. Every haunted house is different. Add a cursed lot trait and boy… the fun really starts.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I still think that the Paranormal Stuff Pack is a mini Gamepack. ;) Also, Paranormal goes so perfectly with my Realm of Magic, Spooky, Vampire & Werewolf Packs. :p
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited April 2023
    Paranormal Stuff + Decor To The Max + HSY + Vintage Glamour
    objects combine nicely together.
    07-18-22_5-56-57_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Seems like there's a bug affecting the paranormal investigator career after the third or fifth gig or so. Basically, the gig situations are nerfed and there's not enough to do to bring performance up. Almost 200 me-toos on this one
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-PSP-P-Investigator-Lots-Don-t-Spawn-with-Specters-or-Cursed/td-p/10016032

( @alanmichael1 is this what you have? )
    gen3-banner.png
    Seems like there's a bug affecting the paranormal investigator career after the third or fifth gig or so. Basically, the gig situations are nerfed and there's not enough to do to bring performance up. Almost 200 me-toos on this one
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-PSP-P-Investigator-Lots-Don-t-Spawn-with-Specters-or-Cursed/td-p/10016032

( @alanmichael1 is this what you have? )

Yes, unfortunately. With Panaranormal and DHD, the two best freelancer careers are unplayable atm.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Nice house if a bit cramped. Use it mostly for the CAS & BB. Those floating balloon 'specters' really deflate the haunted feeling. This isn't "Romper Room". Never tried the career. Definitely an ambitious pack with a lot of potential.
  • Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 693 Member
    Kids can earn or buy the paranormal license, but not use it for much of anything. I wonder how much they can do with the pack. Any time something is limited, I am curious how much I can squeeze out of it.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    I really enjoy the pack and love the sounds in a haunted house. I suppose the cute specters were meant to break the scary vibe. I don't necessarily play haunted residential a lot but I usually have the Duplantier House Doc Ashley made for the pack in the game and stop by to enjoy some haunting. I use seance tables a lot even if the lot isn't haunted.