Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dine out restaurant worth it?

Is it worth it now to have a restaurant

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Going to restaurants is a huge part of my gameplay. I still have the chef standing outside when my sims arrive but he always comes in and starts cooking. Orders are taken promptly and food arrives with little delay.

Although my sim owns two restaurants I really haven't delved into the business side of things. Yet.
  • deadncrispydeadncrispy Posts: 500 Member
    I might give it a try
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited April 2023
    I only use restaurants to visit, never tried to own one yet. Restaurants work fine for me and I enjoy going there with my sims. Restaurants can be a bit glitchy. A good layout is important. Have the necessary items on one floor with enough room for sims to walk around is needed in my opinion.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    I haven’t played in a restaurant in over a year. There used to be a glitch where if the sim went to get water or something, then they couldn’t order. But that was awhile ago. Hopefully that glitch is fixed. By listening to others if looks like it might be. I too only send my sims to restaurants, I haven’t played as an owner yet.
  • Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 711 Member
    I have never added a restaurant to my game. I don't want to own one, and I don't see how to have a restaurant in the game without having playable sims that own it. I wish there was at least one restaurant that was in the game and staffed by townies.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I have never added a restaurant to my game. I don't want to own one, and I don't see how to have a restaurant in the game without having playable sims that own it. I wish there was at least one restaurant that was in the game and staffed by townies.

I have lots of restaurants and none are run by my Sims. You just place them, and they are all ready to visit and eat.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    I wish there was at least one restaurant that was in the game and staffed by townies.

All restaurants work that way by default :)
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    It has been one of the best packs. Visiting Restaurant and running one are both fun things to do. And you can have many options for a restaurant, the selection of foods and drinks is very good. I have made home cook styled restaurant, Indian restaurant, Ice Cream/Burger place, sea food etc. Starting a new restaurant is a fun challenge too because you can start from easy recipes and then as your chef becomes more skilled you can promote the chef and add more difficult dishes to the menu. I usually have restaurants in all my saves even if I don´t run them i will take my sims there to eat and its nice change for a daily routine. But it totally depends on how you like to play the game.