Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring Roadmap Announced: April-June

Comments

• ZerelthZerelth Posts: 35 Member
    I know we just got an expansion pack but I really miss when it was just expansions being released. Some kits are okay but there could have been much more gameplay added in my opinion.
    xn2jilzetfiu.pngshe/her
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    now, take who home...
    why does it sound so much like... beam me up...
    is that just a false hope in me

also plants... plantsims... no Simmingal there was no occult promises
    ''but it says unique kits!'' no Simmingal that is not a occult hint stop!

okay aside from the so obvious occult hints, *coughs*

those do look like moving boxes but they look old have they been shoved into attic
    is it attics? old house stuff? hmm Strangerville refresh?
    ah dang it you're back to occults Simmingal stop doing that

also I just realized 4? kits? so many kits? what about packs?
    does this mean no packs? oh dear.

well not issue personally given how behind I am with exploring last few packs
    but I can already hear the community scream incoherently
    that update better be very hot

or maybe thats why its April-June not May-July
    yeah, maybe we have pack in July -> roadmap

Hot update though
    what is hot and also homely and old?
    heart beds. yes. I think thats it.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I'm so hoping that the Hot Date Kit will FINALLY have the beautiful Heartshape Bed.
    Also, I'm so hoping there will even be a Heartshape Hot Tub. Ooo, La La. <3<3
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Hot update is hopefully a restaurant pack refresh. Playing as chef in the kitchen was in a survey. That would also explain why the broken chefs haven't been fixed in two years.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I'm actually glad it wasn't an announcement for a Game Pack. I'm still working towards getting my sim married and experiencing the joys of infanthood and family dynamics.

Anyway, I'm hoping for at least one gameplay kit. Hopefully one with a couple of small kitchen appliances. Blender/smoothie maker or deep fryer.
  • lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    4 kits is overkill and I wish they would be open with us about the halt in development of stuff packs. The only kit I own is the one they gave us for free, and I wouldn't be surprised if EA did that to help pad the purchase numbers for kits.

Also part of me is expecting this "hot" update to be the Caliente refresh since they've been very slow on these townie refreshes for whatever reason. I'm hoping it's a summer themed update, but I've learned to manage my expectations when it comes to this game at this point.

Also what ever happened to refreshes? Are we just not getting any more of those? I'm really tired of the lack of communication :/
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I'm so hoping that the Hot Date Kit will FINALLY have the beautiful Heartshape Bed.
    Also, I'm so hoping there will even be a Heartshape Hot Tub. Ooo, La La. <3<3

I thought of Hot Date from Sims 1 when I read Hot Update. The equivalent to Hot Date for Sims 4 is Dine Out. So, I'm thinking maybe we could be looking forward to a Dine Out refresh.
    I don't really see which gaps in Build & Buy kits could fill at this point. There is of course need for non-western cultures, for fairy/fairytale style and perhaps for really ancient epochs - but all these themes are too big for kits. Average living from the 19th to the 21st century however is so fleshed out that TS4 could end now.
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    I am a bit disappointed that there is no game pack
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited April 2023
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I wonder how many of those kits will be gameplay kits? It's either 0 or 1, with 1 being a token gesture to pretend that gameplay kits aren't totally dead.

Other than that, ehhhhh. I'm glad we got a roadmap, but I just don't care about kits. They're just fluff, they lack substance. There are some I like and purchased, but they're not deep enough for me to actually be hyped by the concept of one. And I can't get enthused about an update since that could be anything - something big, something small, but odds are that it's nothing game-changing.

I hope they don't release packs in duos again. Like spread the releases out, so we at least have content drip-fed over time. Even if I don't care about them, it'd reduce dry periods and give people who like them something to look forward to.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    One thing we should be getting this month is an SDX. They promised us an SDX every month.
    But we didn't get an SDX drop for three months. That promise was broken a while ago.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Kits have been pretty boring to me so far, other than Bust the Dust. I’m not excited about getting four more kits and no actual packs.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    The update is gonna be hot with all the bugs and glitches setting my computer on fire 🔥
    OMG, chefs, climbing excursions and Moonwood autumn in one patch? Do we have Christmas and Easter on the same day?
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Excuse me but what is this new roadmap? 4 kits in a row? Oh gosh...I would have even preferred 4 game packs if they were at least as well done as Werewolves, but 4 Kits? Seriously I am glad EA will get some healthy competition soon...also wish they could FINALLY address the death of stuff packs too and how Kits replaced them...so upset...
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited April 2023
    Blog post.

This season, define what home means to you. Consider the possibilities: a place of comfort, a place of sanctuary, a place for inspiration, or simply a place to store your memories.

Home is where you feel the most comfortable, and the most like yourself. Home is where you surround yourself with the things you love, even if they’re not in pristine condition. It’s a momentary refuge from the chaos of the day, a space to let your imagination run free, breathe a little more deeply, or take a brief trip down memory lane. Find the familiar in the forgotten. Embrace the imperfections, the messiness, and the secondhand discoveries. Make yourself at home in your home.

Reclaim your space.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/season-one-take-me-home
    “Kits wont interfere with stuff packs”🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

the most laughable lie they ever said...LOL
    Blog post.

This season, define what home means to you. Consider the possibilities: a place of comfort, a place of sanctuary, a place for inspiration, or simply a place to store your memories.

Home is where you feel the most comfortable, and the most like yourself. Home is where you surround yourself with the things you love, even if they’re not in pristine condition. It’s a momentary refuge from the chaos of the day, a space to let your imagination run free, breathe a little more deeply, or take a brief trip down memory lane. Find the familiar in the forgotten. Embrace the imperfections, the messiness, and the secondhand discoveries. Make yourself at home in your home.

Reclaim your space.

Aah, as an old fashioned music collector I would appreciate some CD and vinyl LP shelves!! And a functional 20th century telephone.
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    Not a fan of how they make these announcements so mysterious.

I much prefer Paradox’s announcement style where they tell us the name of the new pack on the way and give us the cover art. Then we can ‘guess’ what all is included. Much more direct.
    There is a rumour going around that the 4 Kits may be gameplay Kits given the "UNIQUE" word in the teaser...hmmm...
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    If it's not a gameplay kit resurrected, then I'm most likely not interested.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Blog post.

Reclaim your space.

This sounds like only build kits, I was hoping we'd at least get some CAS ones out of the four kits...