Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Living Apartment Elevator Broken :(

Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member

I have been trying to fix this all day. The elevator in the apartment-building stopped working at some point. I have tested the elevators in other apartments in San Myshuno, and they still work fine. I did a new game and the elevator in this apartment building works. So I'm wondering how to fix this. Or if it is permanently broken?
mPFjGxV.png

I've tried everything I could think of, like leave the apartment first and go right in front of the elevator.
kaX9jgh.png
iX78vGb.png

No mods or CC enabled. Cleared catches and all that. Rebooted the game several times.
-
I invited 6 friends to hang-out. They couldn't get in. Just stood around in the rain.
Ss3vGvp.png

Later a friend showed up, tried "Invite In", but no. It was 'blocked' somehow.
0FZUyJo.png

The only way without mods to get the player character in or out is with "Teleport Here". Impossible to get friends or visitors in without the mod with that teleport statue. :(

I tried a bunch of things with T.O.O.L., but it seems like nothing is really blocking anywhere. Even moved the elevator and lower building. (Didn't save any of this after using the mod).
wdQVyr1.png

Only clue I have of what may be the issue is this. I teleported my character outside, then got that thought bubble when trying to 'go upstairs'. Couldn't zoom in any more to have a clear look because the camera then jumps up into outer space if I try to get any closer. (Ok not outer space, but up into the sky.) :p
And TAB is pointless because you can't see the thought bubble. ;)
96SQ6WA.png
Reticulating Splines...
9ODVlJh.png

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Is there something placed with MOO in the apartment that's behind the wall where the elevator is?
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    Is there something placed with MOO in the apartment that's behind the wall where the elevator is?

I have checked but didn't find anything. I'll do that again anyways. Who knows right? maybe someone dropped a plate or something? :p

I even did move the elevator around itself in testing to see if it would work somewhere else, lol
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    Can you replace the elevator with a new one from Buy/Build with cheats?

Other than that, I’d try to bulldoze the apartment so it’s all empty, reset the Sim, then see if he can use it.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,318 EA Community Manager
    Heya,

Please post this on Answers HQ, we have threads on similar issues here, here and here.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top