Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Advice on High School Pack Please

2...Next

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Go on, get them! Get all of it! 😆
    Normally your charms could sway me into anything, but I might have to draw the line at a wonky strawberry kit :D

Still contemplating the High School pack lol. To buy or not to buy. Maybe by the time I decide it will have come down to a tenner.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,848 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 @elanorbreton I wonder why they chose a strawberry though? If a strawberry is pastel it is not a good sign...
  • s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    @RoseQuartz - I really like this out of the box idea you've provided. Unfortunately like another Simmer already said, "The game doesn't help you in this regard." I wanted to elaborate further on this tho. The game does not always have the same Sims at high school with your Sim. I use the "Choose your Classmates Mod" - but even then, you do not always get the same classmates. For whatever reason, EA thought it would be fun to make each Sim who attends school "randomized for all teens in the game" I hope Modders can address these things in the future, as its super unrealistic, and kind of silly for a life simulator Imo.

As for my own Simmies school progress, I am planning to note on the Calendar when they start what year of school. I have a calendar mod from LittleMissSam (pretty sure its hers) that makes each season 2 weeks, instead of 1. So usually the first day of Sept, is the 1st day of school. I also have downloaded many custom calendar graphics for marking special occasions as well, so I can just easily mark these days. I have been playing with the Calendar more, and it seems that you can schedule a holiday over a festival, as long as one isn't already scheduled, which helps me out with my previous complaints.

I WISH we could do what you have suggested tho. It would add a whole new element to the "teen dating" factor. In my own gameplay, I play with "young teens" and "older teens" so being able to distinguish between which ones are what ages, is now going to be a matter of sliders, as I plan to make the older teens, a step higher in height, thanks to Lumia's preselect body height options Mod. I am hoping I can learn to accept this as a solution for the many missed opportunities of this pack.

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Go on, get them! Get all of it! 😆
    Normally your charms could sway me into anything, but I might have to draw the line at a wonky strawberry kit :D

Mmm….What kinda line? Straight or Wonky?
    Still contemplating the High School pack lol. To buy or not to buy. Maybe by the time I decide it will have come down to a tenner.

Please do let us know by next year. You’ve got roughly 3.5 weeks to decide. 😝

Meanwhile, here is a complete overview of items included in this pack. Maybe these will help you decide.
    I don’t think there’s anything else I can do except take off my shirt…
    Oh, no no folks, it’s not what you think! It’s just that I have “The Sims 4 High School Years” tattooed all over my shredded torso.

BUILD BUY:

https://simscommunity.info/2022/07/30/the-sims-4-high-school-build-overview/

CAS:

https://simscommunity.info/2022/07/29/the-sims-4-high-school-years-cas/

COPPERDALE:

https://simscommunity.info/2022/08/03/full-tour-of-the-sims-4s-copperdale-world/
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 @elanorbreton I wonder why they chose a strawberry though? If a strawberry is pastel it is not a good sign...

May I suggest you look up “Pineberries”.
    Perhaps that’s what they were going for….🤔

Also why do “strawberries” call themselves “strawberries” when they’re not even berries and don’t grow on straw? Strange fruit indeed. They just want attention.

• RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    @s_stutler - The height differences mod sounds good for you. I play vanilla and am currently only worrying about the families I play while they're in HS (unless someone amazing comes along for one of them, who I will move into played households). I have older and younger siblings and so can dress them according to their ages, so could at least have a couple different HS age groups in different-colored letter jackets and try to keep them together.
    Please do let us know by next year. You’ve got roughly 3.5 weeks to decide.
    Arrrgh! The pressure, the pressure!

I couldn't take the pressure anymore, it was leading to sleepless nights and pacing my room during the day... I submitted and bought it. AND updated my game...

If it completely ruins my game, I'm holding you personally responsible. I will be sailing over to the lovely Ireland in my chunkiest boots to kick your wonky strawberries. Now, if you could just message me your full address, including postcode...
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited December 2022
    Please do let us know by next year. You’ve got roughly 3.5 weeks to decide.
    Arrrgh! The pressure, the pressure!

I couldn't take the pressure anymore, it was leading to sleepless nights and pacing my room during the day... I submitted and bought it. AND updated my game...

If it completely ruins my game, I'm holding you personally responsible. I will be sailing over to the lovely Ireland in my chunkiest boots to kick your wonky strawberries. Now, if you could just message me your full address, including postcode...

Wonderful! Wonderful!
    Look, I never meant to put you under this much stress, but I’m glad you’ve come to a decision. Was it a wise decision? I do not know. I do not know. Only time can tell. So YES, I take full responsibility, but please keep my wonky strawberries out of it. They’ve been exceptionally brave this year. They’ve grown so much already, it would be extremely sad to see them turn into conserve, or worse, jam - prematurely. If that happens, I will never be the same person.

You can find instructions on how to find me under the spoiler tab below. It won't be easy, but it will be worth it.
    Do bring friends, and more importantly, gifts <3 .

1. First, you must travel to the following location: 53° 35' 51.9" N, 6° 00' 16.7" W . Make sure to be there at sunrise. Starting from there, sail 7 times around the island of Ireland, CLOCKWISE. Return to the exact same spot and take a lunch break.
    2. Sail 7 times around the island of Ireland COUNTER CLOCKWISE . Return to starting point and take a break to grab a bite. No dawdling now, you'd want keep the momentum going.
    3. Sail west by taking the fastest route to this location: 54°04'01.1"N 10°19'12.9"W. You will find a solar powered light house sitting on a black rock. It's painted white, you can't miss it. Go in and climb up. There will be hot scones and tea waiting for you. Enjoy the view for 7 years until you hear 7 knocks on the light house door during a full blood moon. Tell whoever is outside to enter.
    4. You will meet one of my 7 Great Great Grandfathers. He will tell you where to go next. If it’s Great Great Grandpa Toothless you may have to wait for another 7 years. Great Great Grandpa Toothless might seem a bit useless for he doesn't speak, although he's a high skilled fiddle player and he's sure to keep you entertained with his music while you wait. For 7 years. Not so useless after all!
    5. My other Great Great Grandfathers are all Captains, some sailors & brave aeronauts, most of them Other World explorers, every single one of them extremely handsome. One of them will tell you where I live, although by that time you may have forgotten why you needed to see me.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited December 2022
    I haven't played every single feature yet, but all I can say is, if you download a HS from the Gallery make sure it doesn't have any clay mold toys on the lot. I did this and my sim got up twice during the exam to go play with it so I had to remove them all mid-gameplay to get her to stop :D In all honesty- this pack needs a refresh haha. I know it just came out, but it lacks so many things. So so many missed opportunities.
    edited December 2022
    Many thanks to all those who chipped in with advice and mod details <3

I played a little test out of the high school today! Here is my test sim arriving at the school (modelled on my rl high school):
    12-12-22_2-24-29%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

It was a little alarming that sims kept half disappearing into the lockers lol.
    12-12-22_2-33-17%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

I tested out the Fashion Authority mod to give them uniforms. For some reason, one sim did not wear a uniform, but that was also a random sim I did not select to attend the high school through the Choose Your Classmates mod. No idea who she was.
    12-12-22_2-45-52%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0
    I don't think I will bother with school uniform, I much prefer to see lots of colourful outfits. I have now added in a mod for more students (9 per class), so my classes should be full in future. I wish I could get the one by nexus, but I cannot register at the site as I never get a code come to my email address :'(

I'm not sure how much I will bother attending high school, it seems pretty boring. I was pleased that they at least took notes during class (sometimes) but it's about as exciting as I always thought a school pack would be (ie. it does beat watching paint dry, but not by much). But, never mind, I do like all the stuff that came in the pack and the new world, which is really what I ended up buying it for anyway. Armed with all the anti-annoyance mods I shall hopefully be able to continue with my usual rotational gameplay.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,481 Member
    Thanks everyone for all your input. I think it is the 'bad design' issues that worry me the most.

I am not particularly interested in following sims to high school and would purchase the pack mainly for the world, BB, CAS etc. but it sounds as though there are too many things which would impact my general play, such as the calendar rubbish ( @s_stutler )

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 what is the idle phone thing and which mod do you use? Do you find your game impacted apart from that, since you do not really play the high school aspect?

I have looked around and found the following mods, so if anyone knows of any more useful ones not listed above or below please post!

No constant phone by lazarusinashes
    Stop Change Phone Color Obsession by LittleMsSam
    High School Spawn Fix by Zerbu
    Form Groups at School by MissyHissy
    Dress Normal at Thrift Store by NateTheL0ser
    Choose High School Classmates by Rex
    Fashion Authority by Lot51
    School tweaks by ChippedSim
    No more fears by TearsofTyr

I use the the No Fear All mod. That ended the aggravation of having even my Sims' father freaking out because of a thunderstorm. Or the fear of not fulfilling wants. I use the Wants now, just as I did the Whims, when the occasion pops up to fulfill them. This allows me to continue playing the game the way I did before the Wants/Fears system dropped on us.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/