Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    @Goodywood, the fireplaces you can upgrade to fireproof, but the stoves have no upgrade to prevent fires. You have to make sure there is a smoke alarm around the stove and make sure and put the fire box somewhere in the kitchen, or I put mine outside the kitchen windows. When there is a fire, the sprinkler system will start and can save from being roasted, or destroying the kitchen. :)

Thank you for the reply @bshag4lv ! :blush:

Oh ok. Too bad there isn't a fireproof upgrade. That would help a lot. lol I'll put a fire box outside. I already have the smoke alarm.

Thank you for explaining and the advice.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • SimplySebastienSimplySebastien Posts: 14 New Member
    Hi, so I am working on making a personal Sims 4 save. In it I want to redo every world. But I am stuck on whether or not I should use cc. Recently I have been downloading some cas cc to make nice looking sims. Plus I have some existing build cc. But the problem is that I have to reinstall the cc every patch/update (that is going to get annoying). And also I wanted to share the save file with my friend when I am done. But her computer can’t hold lots of cc. And if I were to make this a public save file (I will most likely not, about 83% sure I will not, but you never know) then people would have to download a lot of stuff. But I want it to make my sims/builds look nice. And there are some nice stuff cc creators have made that are not in game. Also it would be nice to feature a few nice creators. I asked my friend and she said I should use the cc. But what are your ideas?
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Gotta love when there's more than 5 free available counter spaces for the sim to prep food on but they still choose the one that is cluttered up and has a coffee maker on it making the food plate get stuck in the coffee machine.
    Why do they do this?
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    @Goodywood I have wished for the same thing many times!
    One other thing that helps is a higher quality stove. The better the stove, the fewer the fires.
    The new Fear of Fire increases your sim's chance of starting fires when they cook. If you look in their simology panel, where it shows your sim's age and traits, do you see a Fear of Fire below the traits?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    Hi, so I am working on making a personal Sims 4 save. In it I want to redo every world. But I am stuck on whether or not I should use cc. Recently I have been downloading some cas cc to make nice looking sims. Plus I have some existing build cc. But the problem is that I have to reinstall the cc every patch/update (that is going to get annoying). And also I wanted to share the save file with my friend when I am done. But her computer can’t hold lots of cc. And if I were to make this a public save file (I will most likely not, about 83% sure I will not, but you never know) then people would have to download a lot of stuff. But I want it to make my sims/builds look nice. And there are some nice stuff cc creators have made that are not in game. Also it would be nice to feature a few nice creators. I asked my friend and she said I should use the cc. But what are your ideas?

This is something you must decide. Do what makes you the happiest. Just know that if you are going to share on the Gallery, you'll have to notify others to look under the option that includes mods/cc. I forget at the moment just what it's called. I've found myself not able to find some of my own stuff on My Library, because I failed to tick that box. LOL

But, certainly you can always build the lot without cc and then use cc on your own version in game. I've done that before. Once, I had a hard time realizing just what was causing the cc designation. Turned out I forgot about the pictures I'd hung. Face/palm.

The whole point is to have fun!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    @Goodywood, the fireplaces you can upgrade to fireproof, but the stoves have no upgrade to prevent fires. You have to make sure there is a smoke alarm around the stove and make sure and put the fire box somewhere in the kitchen, or I put mine outside the kitchen windows. When there is a fire, the sprinkler system will start and can save from being roasted, or destroying the kitchen. :)

Yes, they can be. I have had my handiest Sim go around and fireproof each fireplace. Still, I've had fires. I no longer bother with it. I believe the trick is to keep carpets away. You don't want one that sits practically against the hearth.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    edited December 2022
    Gotta love when there's more than 5 free available counter spaces for the sim to prep food on but they still choose the one that is cluttered up and has a coffee maker on it making the food plate get stuck in the coffee machine.
    Why do they do this?

And that has to be the question of the century! The answer: Because they're Sims, of course. ;)
    Why do they do this?

And that has to be the question of the century!
    @SimplyJen Near the top of all my wish lists for TS4 is the ability to change doors and windows in apartments without mods. I couldn’t agree more, a lot of those apartment doors are ugly. I need something to use as reference otherwise all I end up doing is making a series of cookie cutter looking perfectly square rooms.🙂

Have you tried looking in the Big Box supply stores such as Home Depot? I have found magazines in the past, one called Designer that showcases houses by top notch Architects and also includes the floor plans. That's where I got the Flanigan lot Erik now lives in, although Erik calls it BagEnd. That one was a hard build, as I kept having to redo the dining room to get the angles just right. But, it's by far my favorite of all the new ones I've built. I did take liberty with the plan, to make it more Sim-friendly. And I added platforms that weren't in the original plans, which is why I felt secure in posting it to the Gallery. Best of luck, hope you can find one of these types of magazines. We learn by doing, and once you get a feel for other shapes, off you'll go on your own imagination!

I have thought about, and used, something similar. A few months back I did a reno on the BFF's house. I used a floor plan I found on Google Images. I haven't gone back to Google for floor plans because I'm not entirely sure if the ones I'm looking at are copyrighted and if that applies to recreating them in a video game. Logically you would think it's ok if you make note that it wasn't yours and where you found it. I mean it's not like we're making money off of it. Sadly in the US, law and logic don't always go hand in hand so I backed off of using Google to find floor plans.

Another place where I started to build was using the floorplan from houses I've lived in. Try drawing it out on graph paper, first. From there it's just a matter of how many graph-squares equals a wall panel in build mode. This will get your feet wet. How many square houses have you lived in? Even the apartments we lived in weren't square.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,811 Member
    @GalacticGal For some reason I have a harder time taking what I picture in my mind while I'm building and translating it to the game. I can picture a sim or a story in my head and I can usually make it come to life how I see it in my mind. I'm still trying to find that spark or whatever it is to turn the builds I see into something in the game. Your suggestion of drawing it out sounds promising. I don't feel like I need to go as far as graph paper, but just a rough sketch that I can have beside me to look at. I'm trying that now with a new venue to be host to the Starlight Accolades in my new story.
    @GalacticGal For some reason I have a harder time taking what I picture in my mind while I'm building and translating it to the game. I can picture a sim or a story in my head and I can usually make it come to life how I see it in my mind. I'm still trying to find that spark or whatever it is to turn the builds I see into something in the game. Your suggestion of drawing it out sounds promising. I don't feel like I need to go as far as graph paper, but just a rough sketch that I can have beside me to look at. I'm trying that now with a new venue to be host to the Starlight Accolades in my new story.

This is why I suggested you use graph paper. It's got those nice little squares that resemble the ones in the game. (Far easier to translate from the page, in my opinion.) In some cases, you may end up with a larger build, but all you'll have to do is shorten a few walls. Best of luck! Let me know how it works out. I find building relaxing, myself.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    You shouldn't have to re-download CC every patch unless you're going months without updating. CC doesn't break that often.

If you're building this personal save for your self then it should be what you're going to enjoy the most. That's kind the point, right?
    If your friend/anyone else loads up the save file without CC the game will either remove it or replace it.

I personally don't add CC when working on my base/master save (whatever you want to call it). If I had to go back and remove things because they are broken or I don't like them anymore then that would be really annoying. I own almost all packs so I might as well find a use for it... But I prefer maxis over CC anyways. When I'm using my base save to make other save files, I can easily use CC in those save files. It's not going to cause problems because it will be on a much smaller scale.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • MikeymikedeluxeMikeymikedeluxe Posts: 43 Member
    Hello, does anyone know how to stop columns disappearing when adding a roof to a build? Is there a keyboard shortcut or something? I’ve seen columns on builds on the gallery where they run through the roof but when I try it they disappear!

Thank you.
    edited December 2022
    One other thing that helps is a higher quality stove. The better the stove, the fewer the fires.
    The new Fear of Fire increases your sim's chance of starting fires when they cook. If you look in their simology panel, where it shows your sim's age and traits, do you see a Fear of Fire below the traits?

Oh ok. My sim has the Fear Of Fire, so that is why they keep having fires? Thank you for telling me @mightysprite . Sometimes these fears can be annoying. lol The stove they use is decent quality. It's a clone of the stove top from DHD (I think). I made a CC stove and cloned that one.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 135 Member
    I don't understand that when you copy a book your sim wrote its not the same quality as the original all the time
    Goodywood wrote: »

Oh ok. My sim has the Fear Of Fire, so that is why they keep having fires? Thank you for telling me @mightysprite . Sometimes these fears can be annoying. lol The stove they use is decent quality. It's a clone of the stove top from DHD (I think). I made a CC stove and cloned that one.

Yeah, it's bizarre but kind of awesome in a way, that if the sim has a fear of fire they set things up so that the PLAYER has to have a fear of fire on their behalf. It's the player who will quiver and keep them away from the stove, etc.
    Good luck getting rid of that one. I think they have to extinguish a fire while being in a confident mood? Haven't had it in my game yet.

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member

Thank you for the reply @bshag4lv ! :blush:

Oh ok. Too bad there isn't a fireproof upgrade. That would help a lot. lol I'll put a fire box outside. I already have the smoke alarm.

Thank you for explaining and the advice.

You are welcome. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    ZoomerGirl wrote: »
    I don't understand that when you copy a book your sim wrote its not the same quality as the original all the time

I know! It's the same with paintings. Phooey!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
    Hi, so I have been downloading some mods for my Sims 4 game. But the thing is none of the mods are showing up in my game. I downloaded a cas background, Mc Command Center, and Dove reshade. But none have appeared in my game. I also downloaded a mod that allows your sims to travel to any secret/career lot using their phone. That has never shown up in my game. I even downloaded Ui cheats. That showed up in my game but didn't work. I tried setting a certain amount of money, cheating my sims needs up a little and changing the time of day. But none of that worked for some reason. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I put all of them in my mods folder, except Dove reshade, Which I put where the reshades are supposed to go. All of my cas and build cc have shown up in my game with no problem. I just don't why those mods are not showing up. I have a mac, so I don't know if that is part of the problem. Or if I am just doing something wrong. I have the resource.cfg in my mods folder along with allow mods and cc enabled. I did organize all my mods/cc into different folders inside my mods folder. Idk if that is part of the problem as well or what. Can you please help me figure out what the problem is? I would really like to have these mods in my game.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Hi, so I have been downloading some mods for my Sims 4 game. But the thing is none of the mods are showing up in my game. I downloaded a cas background, Mc Command Center, and Dove reshade. But none have appeared in my game. I also downloaded a mod that allows your sims to travel to any secret/career lot using their phone. That has never shown up in my game. I even downloaded Ui cheats. That showed up in my game but didn't work. I tried setting a certain amount of money, cheating my sims needs up a little and changing the time of day. But none of that worked for some reason. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I put all of them in my mods folder, except Dove reshade, Which I put where the reshades are supposed to go. All of my cas and build cc have shown up in my game with no problem. I just don't why those mods are not showing up. I have a mac, so I don't know if that is part of the problem. Or if I am just doing something wrong. I have the resource.cfg in my mods folder along with allow mods and cc enabled. I did organize all my mods/cc into different folders inside my mods folder. Idk if that is part of the problem as well or what. Can you please help me figure out what the problem is? I would really like to have these mods in my game.

Script mods (like MCCC) can only go one folder deep in the Mods folder. And you've unzipped any/all the files? If you can, take a screenshot of what your mods folder looks like and put it up here so we can get a better idea of what might be going wrong.
    > @loubyloulou said:
    > Script mods (like MCCC) can only go one folder deep in the Mods folder. And you've unzipped any/all the files? If you can, take a screenshot of what your mods folder looks like and put it up here so we can get a better idea of what might be going wrong.
    Thank you so much for helping me. Every mod that I downloaded worked. The reshade and cas background didn’t. But that is not that big of a deal.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    > @loubyloulou said:
    > Script mods (like MCCC) can only go one folder deep in the Mods folder. And you've unzipped any/all the files? If you can, take a screenshot of what your mods folder looks like and put it up here so we can get a better idea of what might be going wrong.
    Thank you so much for helping me. Every mod that I downloaded worked. The reshade and cas background didn’t. But that is not that big of a deal.

Glad you got it sorted. I've never used CAS backgrounds or reshade mods so I can't help you with those, sorry.

Yeah, it's bizarre but kind of awesome in a way, that if the sim has a fear of fire they set things up so that the PLAYER has to have a fear of fire on their behalf. It's the player who will quiver and keep them away from the stove, etc.
    Good luck getting rid of that one. I think they have to extinguish a fire while being in a confident mood? Haven't had it in my game yet.

@mightysprite I don't think they have to be confident. My sim extinguish the fire and the fear was gone. I thought that putting out the fireplace also helped conquer the fear? Or maybe a bonfire would help.

@mightysprite I don't think they have to be confident. My sim extinguish the fire and the fear was gone. I thought that putting out the fireplace also helped conquer the fear? Or maybe a bonfire would help.

Glad to hear your sim conquered the fear @Goodywood and thanks for the info ☺
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I just noticed some new design categories to choose from after I got the pastel pop kit. Cute ,vintage, luxe and few others are now in the filter. Hopefully they will update the likes list accordingly so my sims can new favorites!
    I'm unsure if I'll even like the Pastel kit, but I'm interested in the clutter one. I will likely wait until after the Holidays before I purchase something for myself. Glad you're enjoying it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top