Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clothing optional lot trait

I was a bit surprised when the game got the lot trait "Clothing optional", but as I think it is a fun addition, I quickly planned to build a resort like vacation lot in Sulani. However, there's so many things I did not yet get to in this game, and I still have neither built that resort nor tested the new lot trait once. Has it been two years?

Well, what I would like to learn a bit about before building, is whether the lot trait works intentionally. Is it something that feel to random, and is worm out quickly? Or would it be a fun concept making a clothing optional resort, community lot with small bungalows or a hotel building? I will know what sim owns and "run" the place, but I will need to imagine a lot. Another hotel I had categorized as a restaurant, and it still has the hotel vibe, and the restaurant podium makes sure the lobby is busy most of the time. But a beach resort might feel differently - would it be better using another community lot category? Might be too much of a good thing if visiting a restaurant if 50% of the guests - and perhaps even the chef - are naked... I won't necessarily send Agnes Crumplebottom there, though...

I understand that "clothing optional" makes random sims visit nude(?), while others will attend with clothes on. Is this based on personality/traits? Or is the "feature" restricted to sunbathing?

If anyone tried this in the past, how well did it work?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    What I have discovered when I downloaded a Spa from the Gallery that had that Trait, is some patrons would arrive in the altogether. This was shocking for a Teen who was busily rising in fame, and his Dad thought the boy needed some spa-time to help soothe his tension. Erik was a bit shocked out of his mind, though. LOL It can be fun, but I'm in no hurry to place said Trait anywhere else.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    That trait is fun if you have mods to remove the censor blur, otherwise it gets in the way all the time they are nude. I had it on a spa lot, and the spa staff kept their uniforms on and there were not that many nude guests either, maybe 50% of them.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    edited November 2022
    Anyone knows exactly what makes a sim decide go nude? Is it totally random, or? I can't think of any specific traits except Outgoing sims might go naked. We don't have a Shy trait, and I guess you won't need to be shy just because you are a Loner.

I don't think I will categorize that lot as Spa, but it might be a good idea, so I will give it some more thinking.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I remember I had a lot in my game, I had downloaded it from the gallery, and wasn't paying attention to that part. One thing I did discover is that teens and younger will turn around and leave. I understand why, but it was still a bit of a surprise to me at the time.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,957 Member
    I believe different traits a sim has can influence other sims going nude at a clothing optional lot,
    Here is a discussion I found about it. I wasn’t able to copy the link, but this is the discussion title.

What have you found out about Sims and clothing optional lots?

Also children do not randomly show up on clothing optional lots. It’s supposed to be an adult lot.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I have a nightclub in Windenburg with the clothing optional lot trait. I play tested the lot very briefly and it was my first time seeing the lot trait in action. It felt like a lot of sims were showing up nude but I didn't check any traits. I think if you're going to use this lot trait, know that there will be plenty of nude sims walking around. :blush:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    Thanks for input, I better explore this lot trait :) I'm fine with children not accessing the place, although I'd much prefer a relaxed location a la naturism where families go, all ages. It's the way we get born. But I would appreciate if Agnes Crumplebottom prefers to keep a distance, LOL.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I had a clothing optional retail store. From what I observed, childish sims will act embarrassed and not remove their clothes but I think all other sims do. Maybe not Proper sims, I'm not sure as I had the retail store before we got that trait.
    Came to think of it - might feel a tad strange if my royal family visits the clothing optional location and removes all their fine clothes... :open_mouth: Also my other famous sims might soon reach the tabloids in ways they didn't necessarily plan for. A buyable trait to avoid just that would be fine.

- Oh, your Majesty *faints*, could I take a picture of you, please? *double faints*
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    The Clothing Optional Lot Trait always makes me laugh. It's just way too funny. :D:p
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    The only places I have the clothing optional trait is the gym and the spa. Neither one should have children showing up as these are adult places. I love sending my sims there just to see which ones would go au naturale. :D To my surprise, one of my famous sims, a musician, wouldn't remove his clothes. I've had a couple of others. I really do not know what makes some shed their clothes and some prefer not to...none of the traits included exhibitionist. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,957 Member
    If I remember correctly, I think the clothing optional trait came with or just before Island living. I think they were going with a nude beach vibe. It sounds like people have found a lot of uses for it. The blurr is too distracting for me, and I don’t use mods, if I did use mods that is one I would use.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    That trait is fun if you have mods to remove the censor blur, otherwise it gets in the way all the time they are nude. I had it on a spa lot, and the spa staff kept their uniforms on and there were not that many nude guests either, maybe 50% of them.

Absolutely. I have such a mod (which I will not mention the name of), and to be honest, I think it's hilarious when naked sims arrive at public venues that have this designation
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I just remembered I ran a clothing optional restaurant before too. So many health code violations! :D
    Did somebody try Clothing Optional lot trait + We Wear Bags NAP ?

LOL, might look hilarious :)