Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you thankful for in The Sims 4?

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
For Me

Ferris Wheels, The Haunted House and Tunnel Of Love Objects that came with High School Years.

Skating Rinks

Photobooths

Karaoke Machines

Hottubs

The Christmas Trees that came with Seasons and the Free Christmas Tree that came with the basegame

Saunas

The Hot Springs that came with Snowy Escape.

Mermaids

The swing with lights on it from the Campers Kit.

The Waterslide

Bird feeder

Windchimes

Sprinklers

The Kitty Pool

The fountain with flowers that came with My Wedding Stories

The Lighthouse our sims can visit in Brendleton Bay

The following Waterfalls
Tartosa,Sulani and Henford on Bagley which can be swam to and in the case of Sulani can be bathed under and woohooed in.
Selvadarado Large Waterfall.

The Following Packs

Snowy Escape
Seasons
Island Living
City Living
Outdoor Retreat
Spooky Stuff
Spa Day
Backyard Stuff
Jungle Adventures
My Wedding Stories
High School Years
Cats and Dogs
Dine Out
Get Together

The Following Worlds
MT K
Sulani
Selvadarado
Myshuno
Tartosa
Newcrest
Brendleton Bay
Hanford on Bagley
Windenburg
Granite Falls

Interactions

The Slowdance
Sweetheart Dance for teens
Kiss in Water
Romantic interactions in pools,lakes and the ocean.
Shower Woohoo
Lighthouse Woohoo
Social Bunny forty-seven of you who have HSY.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Options
    Kai252018Kai252018 Posts: 76 Member
    I'm sorry but that Ferris Wheels, The Haunted House and Tunnel Of Love Objects that came with High School Year is a joke!
    The Sims doesn't get any mood no fun, thrilled seekers, or Scary mood from it.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    get to work
    tea set
    fears
    infants
    aliens
    toddlers
    and a lot more.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Realm of Magic gave me a place to get away from the stress of working in healthcare during a pandemic. I’m thankful for that.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    All of the above plus the fact that once you buy something you are not constantly dunned for more cash to keep on playing. Sorry I am playing on an iPad as computer out for repairs and tried some truly awful free to play games they have in the App Store. Really sad this is trending as it is most definitely not my cup of tea.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Swimming pools and ghosts patch
    Unisex CAS patch & ability to use each piece of clothing for every category
    Everything is free except if you introduce restrictions yourself: Basic food, venues, education, access to careers
    Fabrication being a multi-step crafting skill and freelancing/self employment in general being a valid option
    The detective career
    The ability to choose between going to work or work from home in many other careers
    Snowy Escape not needing Seasons (by now I have both, though)
    Strangerville with the stage progression
    For small things, I love the sparklers from City Living
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I'm thankful that infants are coming!

Also that we have spellcasters, vampires, and werewolves now.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Manage Households. It's one of my most used features.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    Vampires
    Werewolves
    Get Famous
    City Living
    Tartosa❤️
    Paranormal
    Snowy Escape- I love the winter sports.
    Island Living
    Henford-on-Bagley
    Get Together
    Dine Out with Carl's Reloaded mod.
    My sims- I have several that are rather special and I love to spend time with them in the game.

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I'm thankful for:

CAS
    Build/buy mode
    Toddlers

The coming Infants
    Newcrest

and the Mods I use.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited November 2022
    as bugged as it arrived I am still thankful they added couple dancing to the game

I am also thankful for keeping the promise to add werewolves it delights me so to have more occults

+ I am very very thankful for mighty Greg gracing us with his existence

well that all and the base game updates such as small telescope,moon phases,sitting on floors etc. It would be too long a list if I elaborated because there was indeed quite many good additions this year and even longer list if i mentioned all I am thankful for since 2014
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    + I am very very thankful for mighty Greg gracing us with his existence

And the conGregation says amen!
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm thankful for everything, not the bugs though.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    Multitasking
    CAS
    build mode
    graphics
    toddlers
    this forum
    lots of other things :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I am thankful for

- spellcasters❤️
    - werewolves🐺
    - aliens👽
    - mermaids🧜‍♀️
    - beautiful worlds for my sims, especially windenburg, Henford on Bagley, and Mt Komorebi
    - CAS
    - toddlers
    - nature walks and the mountain excursion in snowy escape
    - astronaut as a separate career, not just one level in the military career like in sims 2 and 3

but also for
    - a game that does not need a super expensive gaming pc
    - regular sales on origin because everything full price is beyond my budget
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Country Living.
    That pack brings me so much joy, but gosh it’s stressful to be a fulltime farmer with animals 😂
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Since discovering that so much of what I thought was cool about sims4, was done earlier, and better, in sims3 and sims2, it took some of the shine off, but at least I can think more clearly about what sims4's unique and original contributions are.

Get Together, with the City of Windenberg and the colorful and interesting townies plus the club forming ability that makes group gatherings so easy. My favorite thing about sims4 that brings me back to it no matter what.

Other unique new benefits that sims4 brought to the table, that weren't recycled from previous games:

More freedom of orientation, relationship types, and gender expression, along with recognition that gender=/=sex. That's huge.

Attractive sims. Sims3, 🙄amiright?

High School Years making school not a rabbithole, was a first for the franchise.

The ability to go to Sixam, even if it isn't large and only has one buildable lot, it's still a wonderful step forward for Alien enthusiasts like me.

Cute toddlers.

That's all I can think of, off the top of my head, for things that weren't already done (and often done better) in previous versions, so these are things I'm grateful for that make sims4 shine, uniquely.

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm thankful for the existence of sims 4 and thankful to the team put so much love and dedication into it despite the hard time we often give them as players.
    If it's true that this game started as an online failure and was rushed into what it is now i'm even more thankful because against all the odds they have made something beautiful. It might not be perfect but nothing in life ever is.
    Seriously the #1 game in the world (for me) that has brought me years of fun. I'm honored to play it. And will be playing for years to come even after it's end.

As for specific things I'm thankful for the list is too long 😅 but just to name a few I'm thankful that they went all out on werewolves. Made them feel wild, savage and dangerous. Sims running scared of my werewolf is Excellent 😈

I'm thankful that they are trying to add more life to the worlds and give us little bonuses like Greg and his hideout, or the amusement park. It really adds a lot to it and gives us fun stuff to mess around with without having to hit a loading screen.

I'm thankful for the household manager that thing is the best ever.

Thankful for the gender options because I have made some of my best sims playing around with it for different looks and body types.

Thankful for the highschool pack because I just never thought we would get highschool after uni and that's awesome 😅 The contents are great.

Thankful that ts4 is nothing like roblox and similar games. I don't care how much people complain about pack prices, it cannot compare to the level of greed and wasted money on virtual nonsense like roblox. Yes I play roblox and have fun with my friends or niece on there pretty often, but everytime I play I'm thankful for the way ts4 is. 😆

Thankful they allow custom content and how easy and smooth it is to add and use it! Really opens up a world if endless options.

Thankful they added little things like sims cooking together, hiking together, attending class together, slow dancing together and all of these little detailed togetherness things adds a lot to my gameplay because I really only do things that sims can do together ❤ Hope to see more of this like holding hands and skating together. These moments are precious.

Thankful they stopped adding vacation worlds we can't live in and now gave us the option!

Thankful for the gallery because I love it. So many amazing creations and sims to discover.

Thankful for the emotions and sentiments. And happy that they are always trying to add layers to sims personality. It may never be perfect and always have some issues but I acknowledge that they are trying. And despite what many people say, Ts4 sims have pretty fun, unique and individual personalities if we utilize all the options we have so far. Yes they will act "emotionally" the same but they do act differently in other ways according to their traits, get famous traits (love those), occult traits, childhood traits, and other things.

KEEP ADDING TO THE SENTIMENTS SIMS TEAM! THEY ARE EXCELLENT! 😁

This list will just keep going so I'll stop here.

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Thankful for creative mayhem and Cow Plants.
  • Options
    I'm thankful that we can play Sims 4 on Consoles as well and it's the same version as PC.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

Here’s all the stuff I appreciate in Sims 4:

Aesthetics:
    • Art Style & color - I feel that there’s a good balance between cartoonesque and realism. Love the vibrant colors.
    • Animations - some true gems in there such as Mountain climbing and yoga. And the moving curtains. After 6+ years I’m still staring at them.
    • World Design - Yes, I wish I could build my own, but - to be fair to be fair - the existing worlds are gorgeous.
    • Sound Design - the sound of rain and thunderstorms and the bubbling cauldron calms me down. The sounds of chickens both in game and in real life make me chuckle. Chuckle worthy cluck clucks so they are. They’re such odd birds. Chickens.

Gameplay systems:
    • The gameplay and perk tree systems that came with various packs e.g. the Get Together club system and the occult lifestate perk trees.
    • CAS push / pull system.
    • Build mode.
    • Multitasking.
    • The SIMS 3 camera, cinema mode & first person mode. I will never understand how people can enjoy the Sims 4 camera. It’s so very limiting! No wonder so few care about ceilings. 😆
    • Every single occult & adventure / quest pack. Oh Ok, Werebeasts.

Other:
    • The Custom music folder.
    • The Gallery.
    • Straight forward modding (at least that’s a yay woohoo for PC).

Special Mention:

Journey To Batuu. It’s True. I’m giving this gamepack a special mention because not that many folks seem to care (in fact, despise it) but I mainly play with adventurous scoundrel sims (in and outside of Batuu) and most of my builds are chock full of Batuu items. I still love this pack for all the right reasons. 😇 ❤️

• Options
    I'm thankful for all the beautiful worlds we have.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I have to say I'm thankful for CAS because it's easier to create a sim even without mods and CC. I am also kind of grateful to Build and Buy to a point. I like that I can have different height walls, and hot tubs don't take up space underground or under the previous floor.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]