Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is dook a bad word?

I tried to name a Sim within sims 4 Baker-Dook, but when I went to save the household it brought the not safe to post kind of thing.
Baker-Dook is kind of to be a reference, while not being to close as to be one at the same time.
I don't really know what caused the notice. I have his roommate have Quilnart, but that's to play with the name of Quilla as a surname. it doesn't make sense if Hans is the problem. Their pretty innocent sims to me.

Comments

• ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    The only thing I can think of is the obscure song term 🐸🐸🐸🐸 which is a childish term for feces.

To censor Dook seems pretty ridiculous to me but the overreactive censorship on this game make that the likely culprit.

Is Dook a surname you know of? Maybe the censorship lists need educating.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Okay it got censored. The term was Dook with an -ie ending. Is even babytalk censored? Let's find out. Can we say poo? How about doo doo? Poo poo? 🙄
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • RoseyaSimi4RoseyaSimi4 Posts: 104 Member
    I wasn't going by a surname. I trying to use something as an alternate to Babadook. At the time I didn't want the tone to go along with my sim, now it doesn't matter; I don't play with that sim. I still wouldn't want the full tone to be on a sim.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    In another thread, I was talking about a character named after a Carthaginian queen and that was censored. I don't get that at all.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.