Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Likes and Dislikes

13...Next

Comments

• TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    It depends on the character. Many of the characters in my current game are based on monsters, mythological creatures, or characters from fiction. If I think a like or dislike fits in with the character they're based on, I agree to it.

If it has nothing to do with the character, I might let them have a like if it's a useful skill, but might just click "no" so I have more time to think about it. If they want to dislike something , I am more likely to say "no", because dislikes tend to stress them out. The stupid sims will go off and do things they don't like, and then get stressed out about it. So I protect them by giving them very few dislikes. LOL As I said, though, it depends on the character.

• PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    I tell YOU what you like and don't like and you will LIKE IT!
    Isharell wrote: »
    I'm a bit more autocratic with my sims than I like to pretend. :D I'll go with what they choose, but only if it fits what I want. Usually I have an idea of what I want them to like, but I almost never remember to set them when creating the sim. I tend to add this stuff as the game progresses.

I sort of use the same approach which is why when the option comes up, I say no when it's negative because it tends to happen when they're doing something I need them to do often.

For instance Shayne is in the athletic career and he had to exercise when he was uncomfortable. He said he didn't like exercising. So I promptly told him that he does indeed like exercising whether he likes it or not. Now he likes it and has the active lifestyle.

I win.

Exactly! Now if only it worked on my grandson. *sigh* Instead he just looks at me and says "sure, Geepa, if you say so." But I know he doesn't believe it. Lol

12 year olds, am I right???